Morecambe Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morecambe Updates

I agree with what you said about their will be quite a few changes next season, but i cant see why you have left heywood out the team? do you think he will be droped for next season becuase i high doubt that. and i also think hamer will be there next season

I think Heywood will move on, maybe a gut feeling or a financial decision?, and I'm not sure as to how highly rated Hamer is at Reading, and whether they will release him during the summer. I would certainly say that both players are more than good enough for League two. I think if we can, cash in a bit for Poole. He scores goals granted, but we'll need more grafters next season. The team will need to be balanced and hard-working. The likes of Connell and (a new signing/s who will work hard within a team framework) will need to provide the flair and invention.
 
Last edited:

Morecambe Updates

and poole

He is not much of a winger and rarely helps the left back in defence...

He is a luxury player we cannot afford to keep:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: If he didn't score so many goals he would be long gone by now
 

Morecambe Updates

sergio torres who plays for wycombe is out of contract at the end of june
 

Morecambe Updates

Scott has shown he is not scared to admit he has made mistakes with some signings and will quite happily kick out anyone who he feels is not pulling their weight. There will be an large amount of coming and goings in the summer. I think Heywood will be off as we can sign several players when the wage he is on is freed up.
 

Morecambe Updates

and poole

He is not much of a winger and rarely helps the left back in defence...

He is a luxury player we cannot afford to keep:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: If he didn't score so many goals he would be long gone by now

....................but as he does score so many goals leaving him out is a luxury we cannot afford. With 13 less goals this season we would be fighting relegation still !!

Shame he missed that pen today though. Personally I don't think he gets through that much less work than Gary Smith or Ricky Shakes neither of whom hardly ever contribute a goal.

I'm sure AS realises that goalscoring midfielders are a rare commodity and won't be rushing to take the advice on this board to leave him out. It would actually make more sense to me if the likes of Dickson and Connell who seem to think they are both budding Ronaldo's would leave all the free kicks to Poole.
 

Morecambe Updates

sergio torres who plays for wycombe is out of contract at the end of june

Brentford most likely can't pay what he gets now, he is a good player
 

Morecambe Updates

Scott has shown he is not scared to admit he has made mistakes with some signings and will quite happily kick out anyone who he feels is not pulling their weight. There will be an large amount of coming and goings in the summer. I think Heywood will be off as we can sign several players when the wage he is on is freed up.


Several poor players are worth less to us than one decent one.

I would have thought that if Heywood is offered the captaincy, a lower basic and a promotion bonus he would be unlikely to get that many better offers.

I'm not saying we should break the budget to keep him but I have no problem with him being one of our higher paid players especially if he is club and team captain and he should be both.
 

Morecambe Updates

Several poor players are worth less to us than one decent one.

I would have thought that if Heywood is offered the captaincy, a lower basic and a promotion bonus he would be unlikely to get that many better offers.

I'm not saying we should break the budget to keep him but I have no problem with him being one of our higher paid players especially if he is club and team captain and he should be both.

you wouldnt be saying that a year agorofl
 

Morecambe Updates

sergio torres who plays for wycombe is out of contract at the end of june

are you having a laugh lol and as for Heywood i dont care if he stays or goes he's good enough for us but nothing we cant replace with ease
 

Morecambe Updates

....................but as he does score so many goals leaving him out is a luxury we cannot afford. With 13 less goals this season we would be fighting relegation still !!

Shame he missed that pen today though. Personally I don't think he gets through that much less work than Gary Smith or Ricky Shakes neither of whom hardly ever contribute a goal.

I'm sure AS realises that goalscoring midfielders are a rare commodity and won't be rushing to take the advice on this board to leave him out. It would actually make more sense to me if the likes of Dickson and Connell who seem to think they are both budding Ronaldo's would leave all the free kicks to Poole.

Indeed goalscoring midfielders are a rare commodity. However leaving the left back exposed all the time has led to more than 13 goals being conceded from cross down the left this season.
 

Morecambe Updates

Indeed goalscoring midfielders are a rare commodity. However leaving the left back exposed all the time has led to more than 13 goals being conceded from cross down the left this season.


Maybe the left back isn't doing his defensive job then. Might be more Dickson's fault than Poole's.

I'd be surprised if you can directly attribute any let alone more than one of our recent run of 6 defeats in 7 to Poole alone. There have been numerous defensive mistakes leading to the 14 goals we have conceded during this run and howlers by the likes of Sankofa, Hamer, Osborne, Brown have been far more relevant than Poole's supposed lack of tracking back. Arguably his missed pen cost us today though !

I'm not suggesting that Poole is the finished article and I'm sure he can work on the defensive side of his game but if you really think dropping our top scorer is a good move then I despair.
 

Morecambe Updates

Just got back from the game, don't have much time hence why I am not starting a new thread....
Poor overall performance, we were being taken apart with key through balls from the midfield through our defence. We didn't seem to want to play apart from a 15-20min spell in the 2nd half. The ref was poor and being totally unbiast, I couldn't see why Connells goal in the 2nd half was ruled out. Elder ran his socks off again but was totally man handled by their centre back, Bently throughout. Great away following but were very subdued throughout. We didn't create much of an atmosphere even though we must have had a good 500-600 there.
 

Morecambe Updates

Not having a go at AS....we lack quality in most areas...losing to Accrington...Bury...Morecambe....to name but a few...hope to see a very different squad next season.....:wave:
 

Morecambe Updates

Scott has shown he is not scared to admit he has made mistakes with some signings and will quite happily kick out anyone who he feels is not pulling their weight. There will be an large amount of coming and goings in the summer. I think Heywood will be off as we can sign several players when the wage he is on is freed up.

Who do you think will go other than Heywood? Of today's starting eleven the majority of them are contracted for next season I think..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom