Music

Sweepy

Part-time Grapeviner
Joined
27 Feb 2001
Messages
15,321
Reaction score
9
Location
The Beautiful South

Music

Bearing in mind that we were subjected to four excruciating renditions of "the wanderer" last Saturday (or whatever that crap was they played at Wycombe), I wondered....

Would a few bars of a popular Griffin Park terrace tune, played over the tannoy following a goal, encourage our shot shy strikers to hit the target a bit more often?
 

Music

You know they'd play Quo or that DJ otzi sod so no music please
 

Music

Col T said:
You know they'd play Quo or that DJ otzi sod so no music please

I have a shortlist, and funnily enough Quo features!
 

Music

They used to play 'We Will Rock You', but it was embarassing to say the least.

NO to goal music! It's too American and the fact that Wycombe insist on doing it should give you some idea of the calibre of the clubs that like it.
 

Music

Another thing for a Bees United takeover to improve is the size of the CD collection at GP.

Tuesday night we were subjected to "Who let the dogs out" and "Hey baby".

If we have to listen to sh*te lets make sure it's at least up to date sh*te......not last summers hits;)
 

Music

JTofBFC said:
Another thing for a Bees United takeover to improve is the size of the CD collection at GP.

Tuesday night we were subjected to "Who let the dogs out" and "Hey baby".

If we have to listen to sh*te lets make sure it's at least up to date sh*te......not last summers hits;)


At least two summers ago, surely? :D
 

Music

If I have to listen to that bloody awful spanish holiday song with the three birds who sing on the beach once more I will walk out of the ground. The crap novelty party music we have endure before the game puts me in a foul mood before the playesr even get a chance to chuck their tuppence worth in!

please just stop doing it , at least helen chamberlain played a bit of scar and a few good tunes to put you in the mood rather than put you off going altogether.

If anybody ever suggests on this web site again that we should play final countdown or the power game I shall be forced to hire a hit man!, no in fact I will just do it myself..thank you and goodbye!
 

Music

how bout if the kids are united by sham 69?
 

Music

joking mr Maidenhead... ;) though I do like that R Kelly song though.

but i've never understood why the boys don't come out to Hey Jude.
When the crowd is in full voice singing that, it brings a tear to my cynical eye....
 

Music

I'd like goal music. Also, hav u noticed that it's the SAME songs every b1oody week
 
Last edited:

Music

Is there a song called "Noades Out" ? If there is then my vote goes to it.
Failing that I suggest "Hurry Up Harry" by Sham 69
Showing my age now aint I.:D
 

Music

guess what was playin as i walked in again today-tht bloody worlds greatest song again, then before the game and wen the boys came out from half time they played that 'griffin park' song
ahhhhhhhh why am i so tormented
 

Music

they always play the same tunes everytime, and the pa system is so poor you cant hear the half time results when pg reads them out.
 

Music

I really can't understand why they can't crank up the volume when they play Hey Jude just before the teams come out. Half the time you don't even notice it's playing until half way through because you can't hear it! Then when we do notice it start, they've started it too late on in the song and our singing's died out after 30 seconds because there are only so many 'na na's' you can sing before getting bored! Why not turn up the volume, start it at 'hey jude don't make it bad....' and really get some atmosphere for the boys to come out to. Maybe this could go a little way to explaining what many supporters have seen as a lack of passion from the players.
 

Music

Why can't they crank up the volume? Because the stone-age PA system can't take it. Everything else follows from having a sh*t PA system. Go to a modern ground and you'll notice how difficult is to sing 'against' the blaring music. Come to ours and you'll notice how the least bit of crowd noise drowns out the PA.
 

Music

Anyone got any idea how much a decent PA system would set us back?
 

Music

Atto Bee said:
Anyone got any idea how much a decent PA system would set us back?

I imagine the £60K we've given to The K's for not playing at their ground next season could've bought us a decent system. :rolleyes:
 

Music

Do you really think the club is going to spend money on a new PA system.

I don't.
 

Music

I doubt very much that the club would do it, but we can dream can't we? I think the team takes priority over a PA system at GP, and seeing as Noades is reluctant to invest in the team I doubt he'll buy us a brand spanking new PA system.
 

Music

I'll see if some of the Brixton Bees Army have a sound system. It may require earplugs for anyone within the vicinity of the Braemar Road forecourt as the truck is set up there.
 
Back
Top Bottom