Nearly Bees

absenteebee

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
19 May 2006
Messages
11,460
Reaction score
11

Nearly Bees

Derek McInnes annoys me. Probably cos he nearly joined the Bees but didn't. I also remember David Platt, Ian Wright and Paul Canoville were nearly Bees.
Any more?
 

Nearly Bees

Oh yeh... Jason Roberts...

Was told once Carlton Cole lived on Brent Lea estate. Don't know if we nearly signed him as a kid.
 

Nearly Bees

Peter Crouch
Cyril Regis
Alan Devonshire
Robert Rosario
Andy Gray (crystal palace player)
Jamie Cureton
Steven Caulker

I'm sure there's alot more!!
 

Nearly Bees

Heard it was because we wouldn't pay £100,000.
 

Nearly Bees

Nearly Bees

Wasn't Iffy Onura linked with us back in the day? Seem to remember reading about that somewhere once upon a time.
 

Nearly Bees

...........................wasn't Murray Jones once linked to the Bees??....................never saw him as a footballer for the Bees......................:shrugsmilie:
 

Nearly Bees

Peter Osgood
 

Nearly Bees

Alan Devonshire was, I believe, a Brentford junior.
 

Nearly Bees

Derek McInnes annoys me. Probably cos he nearly joined the Bees but didn't.
Any more?

Looks like he could be on Bristol City's wish list.
 

Nearly Bees

Tommy Black about 20 times (GPG injoke).
 

Nearly Bees

Looks like he could be on Bristol City's wish list.
All the press on that is part of why I find him annoying. Agent and Chairman clearly like to talk about how great he is.
 

Nearly Bees

Anyone mentioned that (Martin?) butler?
 

Nearly Bees

Peter Crouch
Cyril Regis
Alan Devonshire
Robert Rosario
Andy Gray (crystal palace player)
Jamie Cureton
Steven Caulker

I'm sure there's alot more!!

Rosario and Gray WERE juniors were they not?
 

Nearly Bees

I was told that we were looking at David Platt but singed Gary Blissett instead from Crewe
 

Nearly Bees

I was told that we were looking at David Platt but singed Gary Blissett instead from Crewe
Wasn't the story... We paid 60k for Bliss and couldve got both for 100? Bliss? Any truth?
 

Nearly Bees

Wasn't the story... We paid 60k for Bliss and couldve got both for 100? Bliss? Any truth?

That's the story that I know.
I'm sure I read it in one of the fanzines.
 

Nearly Bees

Darren Powerpoint Patterson
 

Nearly Bees

Justin Edinburgh... Ok ok ok. Never nearly a B. Unless we tried to get him as a leftback.
 

Nearly Bees

A mate still has a recording off the radio of Phil Holder saying he didnt want him as he 'wasnt the finished article'

He still isn't!

how often does your mate listen to this recording? :cool:
 

Nearly Bees

jay bothroyd......... red noades was trying to sign him from Arsenal.!
 

Nearly Bees

John Ruddy (just saved a point for Norwich v Liverpool)
Trent Maclachlan (last seen at Hereford ?)
 

Nearly Bees

John Ruddy (just saved a point for Norwich v Liverpool)
Trent Maclachlan (last seen at Hereford ?)

yeah, but we did get Lewis Price and he kept a clean sheet against our development team plus was sub goalie for Palace today so Ruddy was no loss
 
Back
Top Bottom