New Stadium
Hey guys, I have slowly begun to enjoy the Bees and I have a question for you guys. I have heard a rumor that Brentford are going to hopefully have a new stadium? Is this true and have the plans and blueprints been released. Thanks.
JDBees said:Hey guys, I have slowly begun to enjoy the Bees and I have a question for you guys. I have heard a rumor that Brentford are going to hopefully have a new stadium? Is this true and have the plans and blueprints been released. Thanks.
JDBees said:Hey guys, I have slowly begun to enjoy the Bees and I have a question for you guys. I have heard a rumor that Brentford are going to hopefully have a new stadium? Is this true and have the plans and blueprints been released. Thanks.
JDBees said:Hey guys, I have slowly begun to enjoy the Bees and I have a question for you guys. I have heard a rumor that Brentford are going to hopefully have a new stadium? Is this true and have the plans and blueprints been released. Thanks.
I have no idea what that means, I was just curious.rg12bee said:Is this a wind up?
brighton bee said:i may be wrong but dont we now own the old viking sports ground as a home for our ladies team whicj merged with theirs?its been a long time since ive drove past it as i obviously dont live in london anymore but if my memory serves me correctly its a pretty big space
No_sting_Bee said:I understand a new ground if permission is given, will not be occupied until 5yrs after the ground redevelopments. These developments are to be in the closed season after a positive option result in BU favour . Redevelopment and revenue/business opportunities that result from it will be stimuli for backers of the new stadium to prove viability. Also helping financial stability. It no new stadium be forthcoming then GP's capacity will be 15K. Sufficient for championship capacities. Please note the architects for lionel Rd do not include any reference to its potential development/plans on their web site.
Streetboy said:The Viking site (on the A4 in Greenford, near B&Q) was bought by local Combined Counties Premier side Bedfont Green over the summer as promotion to said league meant they needed a better ground. Since Viking Sports sadly went bust, Viking Ladies have been playing there. They were, also over the summer, taken over by Brentford Ladies, who now play at Viking. Bedfont Green's chairman is one Doug White, hence the links. Hope that helped![]()
Streetboy said:The Viking site (on the A40 in Greenford, near B&Q) was bought by local Combined Counties Premier side Bedfont Green over the summer as promotion to said league meant they needed a better ground. Bedfont Green's chairman is one Doug White, hence the links. Hope that helped![]()
Nigel Brooks said:When does the A40 monorail open then?
Dont tell me, "when the time is right".![]()
Streetboy said:The Viking site (on the A4 in Greenford, near B&Q) was bought by local Combined Counties Premier side Bedfont Green over the summer as promotion to said league meant they needed a better ground. Since Viking Sports sadly went bust, Viking Ladies have been playing there. They were, also over the summer, taken over by Brentford Ladies, who now play at Viking. Bedfont Green's chairman is one Doug White, hence the links. Hope that helped![]()
Gee Bee said:So Bedfont have moved a considerable distance from Bedfont!! Even with DW as chairman. Did DW not own some of the old Bedfont site himself and has it been sold?
If so surely he would want to now put some of his made cash into BU. As the time has never been more right.![]()
brighton bee said:thanks that helps a lot-so we dont own the ground our ladies team just play there?is it big enough for a new stadium though, just out of interest