Next Year's Prices

Downbeat Bee

Well-known member
Joined
2 Jan 2003
Messages
15,234
Reaction score
4,735
Location
The Wild West

Next Year's Prices

Quite simply if we stay up (I hope and expect we will) I reckon we've got the best chance in a while of getting fans back to Brentford.

I believe we should not raise admision prices, but really, really push on to get every possible Brentford supporter back at GP.
 

Next Year's Prices

I'd actually drop the prices to £15.

Its sounds a lot cheaper than the present £16
 

Next Year's Prices

I generally agree, although the pricing policy will have to be dependent on what division we are in.

I dont think there is a lot of scope to increase the adult prices which are pretty high already. Kids prices at £3 are still ridiculously cheap and I'm not convinced that we are maximising our income from this market. It seems to me that there are an awful lot of junior season ticket holders whose seats are left empty for the majority of games.

What I think we have to concentrate on is making sure that virtually everybody who goes to Griffin Park pays to get in and pays the right amount. It seems from other threads here that there is a lot of abuse with complimentaries and I have seen on numerous occasions examples of Adults using Junior season tickets to gain entry. This is something that has to be stamped out and that alone will probably increase our income by more than a 5% across the Board increase in ticket prices.

If we can stay in Div 2, I am confident that the Martin Allen euphoria will catch on and we will see a decent increase in average gates. It will (already has) become fun going to GP rather than something that is endured and that is something that matters more than the price of the ticket to most people.

I am sincerely looking forward to our home match with QPR next season (come on Bristol City) and seeing us sell out 3 sides of the ground to OUR OWN fans.
 

Next Year's Prices

Totally agree. Shouldn't be any more than £15 for adults. The increase to £18 definitely affected our gates this season and at that price it makes it very hard to attract any floating support.

Bring the price back to £15 (or less) and the shortfall in cash would be made up by increased support, especially now with renewed optimism for next season.

Also, why don't we get season ticket applications out to all members earlier? The prices must have been decided on a while ago, even allowing for the prospect of relegation.
 

Next Year's Prices

Presumably the prices will reflect the division we are in but perhaps more importantly whether we actually have sufficient income to meet the outgoings facing the club during the close season. Initialy i understood this was covered by the Paul Smith sale, however with the changes in personel at the club athe compensation payments that have been made i guess this is in doubt.

That being the case it might be better for the club to offer season tickets now at a reduced rate if paid by say the end of April/May to ensure some income streams for the early part of the close season, whilst obviousley it is important for the club to maximise the income available with no income coming in between early May and mid August any initiative might well help.

The general concensus is no increase as our prices are aready on the high side and therefore to obtain some income in the short term must be our aim, unless of course the Board are confident that there are sufficient funds to keep our heads above water during this period.

Administration would be a disaster as far as points are conscerned next year and with no buckets and no gates in the summer he bills still have to be paid so i trust that the powers that be have this matter in hand,
 

Next Year's Prices

christom said:
That being the case it might be better for the club to offer season tickets now at a reduced rate if paid by say the end of April/May to ensure some income streams for the early part of the close season



Administration would be a disaster as far as points are conscerned next year and with no buckets and no gates in the summer he bills still have to be paid so i trust that the powers that be have this matter in hand,

To the first point I thought that they already offered reduced rates for people buying before May 31st,if not I am certain that they have done in the past.And if it isn't being done it should be.

Don't forget we have the 100 years at GP celebrations this summer,and if maximised to their full potential the events could be a real money spinner for the club(as well as an excuse for many:beer: )
 

Next Year's Prices

LostBee said:
To the first point I thought that they already offered reduced rates for people buying before May 31st,if not I am certain that they have done in the past.And if it isn't being done it should be.

Season tickets were discounted before the end of May last year.

Some of us are still waiting for the excitement of the "Adult May Disco" which is advertised on the Season Tickets :D :D
 

Next Year's Prices

No more than £15 to sit, £10 to stand and £3 for kids
 

Next Year's Prices

I think £10 to stand is way too cheap.

Firstly it is out of line with what other clubs charge, secondly it would mean we can only charge the away fans £10 as well so would be a severe drain on our income.

I think the majority of those who stand in the Brook Rd do so because they prefer to stand not because it is cheaper.

Personally, bearing in mind we need to get a squad together with the budgeted income I would want to be suggesting

£16 to sit. (£15 in the Brook Rd) £10 OAPs
£13 to stand. £8 OAPs
£5 kids.

I'd be happy to see the programme go back up to £2.50 too.

Cheap might mean cheap but it also means no money to get decent players in.

I think the better standard of play we will see under Mad Dog and the alltogether fun experience of playing at GP under his management will draw people in. We dont need giveaway ticket prices as well.

Just my opinion........................
 

Next Year's Prices

JTofBFC said:
I think £10 to stand is way too cheap.

Firstly it is out of line with what other clubs charge, secondly it would mean we can only charge the away fans £10 as well so would be a severe drain on our income.


Yep you're right, I forgot about the away fans thing. Lets make it £15 to stand then
 

Next Year's Prices

I think £15 for adults and £5 for kids would be fair pricing. Makes it easier for turnstile operators as well. It would make the floats so much easier to manage, and the club wouldn't run out of £ coins eh boss??! ;)
 

Next Year's Prices

I'd be interested to know whether the cut in the programme price this season of 20% led to an increase in sales sufficient to justify the cut.
 

Next Year's Prices

JTofBFC said:
I think £10 to stand is way too cheap.

Firstly it is out of line with what other clubs charge, secondly it would mean we can only charge the away fans £10 as well so would be a severe drain on our income.

I think the majority of those who stand in the Brook Rd do so because they prefer to stand not because it is cheaper.

Personally, bearing in mind we need to get a squad together with the budgeted income I would want to be suggesting

£16 to sit. (£15 in the Brook Rd) £10 OAPs
£13 to stand. £8 OAPs
£5 kids.

I'd be happy to see the programme go back up to £2.50 too.

Cheap might mean cheap but it also means no money to get decent players in.

I think the better standard of play we will see under Mad Dog and the alltogether fun experience of playing at GP under his management will draw people in. We dont need giveaway ticket prices as well.

Just my opinion........................


Wouldn't really argue with any of that, though I wouldn't make Brook Road cheaper even though I sit there.

Our main aim next year has to be to maximise numbers while charging realistic prices and making sure away fans don't get in too cheap.:D
 

Next Year's Prices

the club are going to have to put there thinking caps on because they have all the figures for the type of people that are coming in and which prices would be worthwhile to maybee decrease slightly
 

Next Year's Prices

The truth regarding ticket prices is you get what you pay for most of the time. If prices were £25 I would guess Allen would have sufficient funds to get us promoted, we could also begin to clear the debt. But who would pay £25 for a Brentford match?

I'd have adult tickets at £16 everywhere. For kids in the Braemar I would let them in free with every adult ticket, 2 maximum, and have kids for a fiver everywhere else. That way you can engineer the families into one area of the ground, giving a perception of a full main stand and the ability to target them appropriately.

and I have seen on numerous occasions examples of Adults using Junior season tickets to gain entry.

That's a worrying problem regarding our staff. Perhaps spot checks during the match could help things? I can't at the moment believe your estimation of 5% however jtofbfc, though maybe the problem really is that bad?
 

Next Year's Prices

Brickie Chap said:
No more than £15 to sit, £10 to stand and £3 for kids
I agree basically,but what if the gates stay the same?.
 

Next Year's Prices

JTofBFC said:
£5 kids.



I was at West Ham on Saturday, and commented that the gates are good for Div 1, averaging 30k+, particularly so when that club from the "hot bed of football" (Sunderland) are averaging about 5k or so less per match.

The response of the West Ham fans I was with was that this is due largely to the kids admission being £1, which means more through the gates, more spent on food etc, more spent in the the shop, and, most importantly, building a fan base for the future.

Dunno if it would work for Brentford, just a thought......
 

Next Year's Prices

Jambo said:
The response of the West Ham fans I was with was that this is due largely to the kids admission being £1, which means more through the gates, more spent on food etc, more spent in the the shop, and, most importantly, building a fan base for the future.

Dunno if it would work for Brentford, just a thought......

A kids season ticket is only £30 now which works out now at £1.30 per game, which imho is good value already.
Personally I believe that if results continue to improve, and we stay in div 2, then our fan base will increase again. At the end of the day it is the product entertainment that counts most, kids will pay a £5 if we won more often, but probably wouldn't pay £1 if we lost all the time. Same goes for the more expensive adult prices.
 

Next Year's Prices

JTofBFC said:
It seems from other threads here that there is a lot of abuse with complimentaries and I have seen on numerous occasions examples of Adults using Junior season tickets to gain entry. This is something that has to be stamped out and that alone will probably increase our income by more than a 5% across the Board increase in ticket prices.


Matchday staff generally do their best (I know I do) to try and stop adults using junior tickets. As far as ST's are concerned it is somewhat more difficult to check. Perhaps ST's should be non transferable and include a photocard? It is unrealistic to ID everybody that tries to buy a junior ticket.
 

Next Year's Prices

Er the wallets are colour coded I believe, possibly the most simple means of identification!! Mine is orangey, I think the kiddies ones are black.
 
Back
Top Bottom