Noades and I

J

Jim's father

Guest

Noades and I

Let me introduce myself. I am Jim Levack's dad - and a long standing Brentford supporter. Since I was a boy in fact. I watched them in the old First Division and my loyalty has never died.
My father took me to Griffin Park first during the war, and I once played there when Archie Macauley was my school PT master. I gave my son a love of Brentford and first took him to Griffin Park as a six-month-old baby - while his mum did her shopping in Ealing.
You will realise that it is an affection and loyalty that goes deep, as it does for many Bees fans. But they, like me, must have noted the different atmosphere there these days - brought about by the current trivia emanating from the boardroom.
I now find myself elevated to some sort of celebrity in chairman Noades latest web comments. I gather I am supposed to be either Baffled or even The Silent Majority on the Griffin Park Grapevine. Take your pick. I am sorry to disappoint him - I am neither.
He says Baffled has not denied it - but I recall distinctly that shortly after the chairman's initial query 'is Baffled related to Jim Levack', he did. On the Griffin Park Grapevine. In clear and precise terms.
He and I had quite a laugh about it at the time.
Up till now I have stayed quiet. Clearly, I back my son's Chronicle articles. I know the sources and in most cases, they have been 100% spot on - despite what has been inferred. The chairman should note that he is a big boy now and that I regard him as that and do not interfere with his work.
I have made a point of not getting involved with Mr Noades. As he knows, we have mutual acquaintances and that is as far as I want it to go.
I do not feel that Mr Noades and I would get on. Not least because of a certain threat to Jim's family - I have heard it on tape - when I had to be dissuaded forcibly from a face to face confrontation that would not have involved football matters. His wife had to be talked out of going to the police.
I have to say that I know who Baffled is - an old work colleague, good friend and neighbour. I also have to say his views are not dissimilar to mine, which have been honed and hardened over the last few years. We have had many a laugh over the arrows he has fired at Mr Noades. That is what the web is all about, although some seem to abuse its anonymity.
It is up to him whether he wants to identify himself - I haven't the slightest intention of giving even a hint.
I haven't a clue who The Silent Majority is - but he must be making some very good points to arouse Mr Noades' ire. Could it be that they are both hitting sore points?
I watch the letters on Grapevine with some amusement, and have always stuck to a firm policy of staying above all that. Until now - when I find myself winning honourable mentions.
I am a keen football and Brentford fan. Might I suggest that Mr Noades concentrates more on football matters than on petty niggles at a time when our team is doing us so proud.
null
 

Noades and I

I will assume that you really are Jim Levack's father and that the post is genuine; it certainly reads that way.
I too am concerned at the recent speculation on the clubs official web site re the identities of posters on the GPG. If Baffled and The Silent Majority choose user names to be able to post with anonimity and without disclosing any possible allegiance then that I suggest is their right.
For myself I have only ever posted under "abee" and I use the same name on Beesotted. My identity is not a particular secret and I can be easily traced by anyone with five minutes to spare. My home e-mail is in my profile. Indeed when Mr Noades telephoned me in Paris on March 22 2001 to enquire about my health he found me quite easily by presumably having one of his staff identify my e-mail with the club's data base. He then I imagine took my London telephone number from the database as he telephoned my house and spoke to my wife who gave him my Paris number.
I can understand that some people would not wish to go through that but rather post and be left in peace and I suggest that Mr Noades restricts himself to just answering questions if he wishes and stop the innuendoes on identities.

By the same token Mark Chapman seems to have walked into a bit of a controversy on the Beesotted site by suggesting that he knows the identity of a frequent anti-Noades poster on that site.

By the way as a pedant who always believed that the show/film should be called "The King and Me" should not this thread be "Noades and Me"
:D
 

Noades and I

Originally posted by abee:
Mark Chapman seems to have walked into a bit of a controversy on the Beesotted site by suggesting that he knows the identity of a frequent anti-Noades poster on that site.

Surely not again ? :eek:
 

Noades and I

Originally posted by Jim's father:
I do not feel that Mr Noades and I would get on. Not least because of a certain threat to Jim's family - I have heard it on tape. His wife had to be talked out of going to the police.

"A certain threat to Jim Levacks family" - response please Mr Noades ! :mad:

Personally speaking, if Baffled were a relative of Jim Levacks, I wouldn't have blamed him for "dishing out a slap" for the way you've treated JL over the past couple of years in web-site slagging, balcony broadcasts etc., if he's wrong, sue him. If he's right, you shouldn't have got us in to this mess in the first place - you are after all the one who has been in charge for nearly four seasons aren't you !

Therefore, you are the one who awarded contracts (despite arriving and telling us immediately about Bosman coming in and what it was going to mean :confused: ) and you should really have seen that when you bought BFC, that we didn't actually have any off-pitch revenue facilities or corporate boxes :confused: . If a shiny new stadia was what you wanted, surely a planning permission should have been applied for at that time in order to avoid the rush/mass panic that we have on our hands now :confused:

I won't bother going on ... :mad:
 

Noades and I

"A certain threat to Jim Levacks family" - response please Mr Noades !

I am intrigued by this :eek: Anyone with any info Email me NOW

[email protected]

:confused:
 

Noades and I

Originally posted by Jim's father:
Might I suggest that Mr Noades concentrates more on football matters than on petty niggles at a time when our team is doing us so proud.
null

Petty niggles? You're right - they are. But it takes 2 people to involve themselves in said niggles. And JL does a bl00dy good job. A few weeks ago in the Chronicle he printed a statement Noades had made, and proceeded to take apart single sentences if they were not entirely accurate. Now THAT is petty. What was there to be gained by doing this? Granted Noades should perhaps be more honest, but JL's hardly doing himself any favours by being so petulant towards him.

Sorry to be frank, I realise I'll probably get criticised for this, but this is my humble opinion.

However I've got to ask: am I the only one who sees this whole issue as frankly embarassing?
 

Noades and I

Surely cannot be the same Jims Father, he'd be so old he would see a notebook & pen as journilists new technology and wouldn't have got to the computer era yet. :D

Going to any old Rocker concerts this year? ;)
 

Noades and I

Originally posted by Fat Bee Slim:
..................

However I've got to ask: am I the only one who sees this whole issue as frankly embarassing?

Fat, what do you find embarassing? Surely you are not suggesting that Chairman Noades is the second coming and that we should pay reverence to each and every word that he utters?

Chairman Noades has/is causing Bees fans a great deal of concern over the way that he has/is running the club. Everything appears to be to Chairman's Noades benefit. Remember, Chairman Noades has not put one penny of his own money in to BFC. He has a guarantee at the Bank (he quoted £3m) but that is safely in a deposit account and the overdraft is secured against a charge on GP.

Do not be sucked in by the propoganda machine.
 

Noades and I

Baz: I find it embarassing that 1/2 a page in the local paper is devoted to a personal war of words between our football club's chairman and a journalist, each trying to outdo each other in showing how the other's version of the "facts" are incorrect.
 

Noades and I

Originally posted by abee:
By the way as a pedant who always believed that the show/film should be called "The King and Me" should not this thread be "Noades and Me"
:D

It depends entirely on whether it is the subject or the object. "The King and I" is clearly the subject, and thus is correctly titled. You would say, "the king and I went to the shops" (or you might not ;)), where as you would say "this happened to the king and me". Thus the question is simply one of whether "Ron and I" is the subject, and I think it is.
Class over.

Up the Bees!
 

Noades and I

Jim's father said:
Let me introduce myself. I am Jim Levack's dad - and a long standing Brentford supporter.

I gather I am supposed to be either Baffled or even The Silent Majority on the Griffin Park Grapevine. Take your pick. I am sorry to disappoint him - I am neithernull

So is Baffled Jims Dad??? :confused:
 

Noades and I

are friends electric???
 

Noades and I

Isn't the title of this thread some cult weird comedy classic with one of the McCann bros in :confused: ?
 

Noades and I

Brickie Chap said:
So much trouble to avoid telling the truth...
I asked Jim if Baffled was his father after the away game at Wrexham in March 2002 and he denied it point blank and said he didn't know who he was. :wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom