Official Guide 2001-2002

Turnstile Bee

Active member
Joined
6 Apr 2000
Messages
3,480
Reaction score
4
Location
Northolt

Official Guide 2001-2002

I have just got a copy of "Brentford - Official Guide Season 2001-2002". I dont know if anyone else has seen it, but I just thought I would post some points from it....

1) Significant Changes have been made at GP allowing the home fans to return to brook road....the away fans will now be situated on the Open Ealing Road Terrace.

(and on the previous page it tells you how to get their...)

By Foot: Head up to the main road and turn left. Take first main left into Windmill Road, and first right into Clifden Road. After 0.2 Miles turn right into Brook Road and the away turnstiles are on the LHS.


2) Disabled Facilities: Space for 18 in Block E of the Braemar Road Stand....Cost According to Age, Helpers Free.

(And then in the small print at the bottom of the page...)

Disabled supporters pay full ticket price according to their age, their helpers are entitled to Concessions.


3) Michael Dobson....regularly found the net, playing up front for the Youth Squad. He is now in his second season as a professional....

(and just above it next to his name....)

MICHAEL DOBSON No. 12 b. 9.4.81 Previous Clubs: Shrewsbury Town.


We must use the same proof readers etc that we use for the programme!
 

Official Guide 2001-2002

Lets hope its not the same people that we trust to print the Ra-Ra tickets......
 

Official Guide 2001-2002

oh dear.....
 

Official Guide 2001-2002

I can undertand why errors creep in to the programme due to the short deadlines that are worked to which enable up to date info to be included.

However, there can be no execuse for the conflicting and inaccurate information contained in the Official Guide. These are basic errors that I spotted during a cursory glance through whilst watching the TV. Basic editing and proof reading should pick up such glaring and fundamental cock ups.

Notwithstanding the above comments I consider that this booklet is a great advert for the club. It contains all the useful information that you may need from driving/travelling directions and parking information, to ground layout and ticket pricing etc, etc. It also includes profiles and stats on all the current squad.

So well done to whoever compiled it, but please try and be a tad more careful on the final copy next time.
 
Back
Top Bottom