Over-rated players

hanwell bee

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2001
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
Location
Grand Rapids, MI USA

Over-rated players

Someone in another thread said Becks was the most over-rated player in English football, obviously I don't agree with that, but who is?

For me...

Kanu
Ashley Cole
Every Fulham player with the exception of Malbranque and Finnan
 

Over-rated players

David James- About half as good as he should be
Emile Heskey- What does he do thats warrants 1st team spots for England/Liverpool
 

Over-rated players

Michael Owen - he's obviously good, but he irritates me with lack of composure at times, although he does have the knack of doing bugger all for 90 mins and then finding the back of the net . . .
 

Over-rated players

sorry but for me Beckham is the worlds most overated player...even more so since he developed this knack for running around the pitch like a blue arsed fly doing next to nothing for the whole game!
 

Over-rated players

Given his status as "the best player in the world" and on last nights' performance I would say Ronaldo. I have always thought him overhyped.

When he skyed that shot last night I instinctively thought of Fullarton whose similar shot almost hit me in the Brook Rd upper on Saturday................
 

Over-rated players

Take a pick from;

Douif,
Trarore,
Jamie Redknapp,
Heskey (I have never seen someone so physically big fall over so often) & my all time favourite;
Paul Ince (when everyone used to think he was great - never saw it myself).
 

Over-rated players

Beckham.

Any other 'over-rated's are in a lesser class.

I know that it's a lot down to injuries, but Gerrard had a good-not-great-but-promising first season and has been a liability for Liverpool ever since.

Wes Brown. I don't get the fawning over this guy. Rather have Sonko than him, any day.
 

Over-rated players

agree with Butt, Beckham, Ronaldo only cos he's too inconsitant :yes: Dean Ashton rofl
 

Over-rated players

Ferdinand (not a bad player but certainly not worth what Man U paid for him and prone to big gaffes). Beckham (superb dead ball specialist but one of the best midfielders in the world-NO).

Can't agree that Owen or Gerrard are overated (and no I'm not scouse in any shape or form)
 

Over-rated players

how can you say seaman is a tw@t ? he is a well nice bloke, and a good keeper too!

michael owen, paul scholes, RIO FERDINAND, gary neville, alan smith, oliver neuville (RUBBISH) and kieron dyer WORLD CLASS ?lol
 

Over-rated players

Rio Ferdinand
David James
Gavin Mahon
 

Over-rated players

homerbees said:
how can you say seaman is a tw@t ? he is a well nice bloke, and a good keeper too!

michael owen, paul scholes, RIO FERDINAND, gary neville, alan smith, oliver neuville (RUBBISH) and kieron dyer WORLD CLASS ?lol

Yer-except neuville
 

Over-rated players

he is rubbish !

rarely scores and never impresses when he plays for leverkusen or deutschland
 

Over-rated players

homerbees said:
how can you say seaman is a tw@t ? he is a well nice bloke, and a good keeper too!

David "family man" Seaman who forgot to mention his 2 sons in his autobiography. Plus he looks like some sort of gay pirate ;)
 

Over-rated players

Ohh he must be an ass then, how must those kids feel about his dad not mentioning them?

im sure they will be emotionally scared for life, living in terror of women trying to impress them and hoping they make up for the loss of their father's lack of love for them. ME THINKS NOT!

he is well alright, you wanna talk about tw@ts just look no further than robbie savage, you cant put seaman in his league.
 

Over-rated players

Gary Neville rofl rofl

Need I say any more


JB
 

Over-rated players

have to agree....JB.....

If the Nevilles play for England so can I.....

Well done Real....
 

Over-rated players

Beckham
Joe Cole
Michael Carrick
Lampard
Rio Ferdiand (in fact everyone from that "wonderful" West Ham youth team!)
Anderton
Gary Neville
Phil Neville
Wes Brown
Lauren Blanc
Stephanie Henchoz
Jamie Carragher
Melchiot
Berger
Sorenson
Kevin Philips
Tore Andre Flop
 

Over-rated players

I have to say Joe Cole at the moment. he may develope into a better player but I haven't seen anything that shows me he's the best thing since sliced bread, which is what we were led to believe.
 
Back
Top Bottom