Paul Priddy

Paul Priddy

"Brentford are my local club and they are the team that I went to watch with my dad as a young boy. I have supported them all my life and I was thrilled to play for them when I got the opportunity. They are a club that have always been close to my heart."

:love2:
 

Paul Priddy

Priddy saving 2 penalties at Watford in their only defeat in that season 1-0 was one of my most fondest memory as a Bees fan
 

Paul Priddy

When I worked in Sunbury spoke to him a great deal, top bloke and he does really like the bees
He always put extra onions in my cheese and onion roll:sorted:
 

Paul Priddy

legend but he must be 110 by now lol.
Len Bond will always get my vote but PP is right up there.
Bring back collarless retro goalkeeping shirts please with club badge
 

Paul Priddy

chic brodie , smith, bond ,priddy. hard to choose no 1 , had to leave who ate all the pies out of top 4 l o l
 

Paul Priddy

Ian Townsend saw him recently in a petrol station nr Woking
 

Paul Priddy

Priddy saving 2 penalties at Watford in their only defeat in that season 1-0 was one of my most fondest memory as a Bees fan
Mine too.

Still remember like yesterday! Me at 12 or 13 with little brother being ushered into the wrong end by my Dad because we were late and he didn't want to miss a kick.

We stood petrified trying hide inside the lining of his sheepskin coat to avoid the gob raining down on a big loud Brentford supporter stood in the middle of theri stand cheering his head off climaxing in three jigs as we scored and they missed two pens.

He took 90 minutes of abuse, naively or bravely laughing it all off with a smart retort for every volley of expletives aimed at him by snarling Watford fans.
Priddy 6ft odd and looked like he weighed 8 stone soaking wet but that sunny day he was awesome.
 

Paul Priddy

I'm sure he was goalkeeping coach at AFC Wimbledon as well. He was with them on the pitch and dug out when the Dons beat Staines in the play offs last season.
 

Paul Priddy

Top bloke, loved his passion. Never really fulfilled his potential as a keeper. Excellent shot stopper but a real dracula.
 

Paul Priddy

Priddy saving 2 penalties at Watford in their only defeat in that season 1-0 was one of my most fondest memory as a Bees fan

Ah fond memories. :D

Also remember standing in the open end with golf balls or marbles or both raining down on us when we drew with them towards the end of the promotion winning season in 78?
 

Paul Priddy

was it the same season we drew 3-3 at home?
as it was on The Big Match I turned my back when phillips scored his penalty so I could see him score it on tele instead
 

Paul Priddy

Top man - Know the family as my Dad grew up living next door to Paul in Worple Avenue, Isleworth but lost touch in more recent years. Be good to see him on Saturday.
 

Paul Priddy

Surrounded by Watford fans when Priddy saved the second. There was a sliding metal door at the back and the OB were throwing the fans out one copper to the other! Great fun getting to the coaches after the game.
 

Paul Priddy

Ah fond memories. :D

Also remember standing in the open end with golf balls or marbles or both raining down on us when we drew with them towards the end of the promotion winning season in 78?

Wasn't that the Pompey fans at paddy Roche after Francis Joseph had given us the lead against them or is my memory becoming even more demented.
 

Paul Priddy

Wasn't that the Pompey fans at paddy Roche after Francis Joseph had given us the lead against them or is my memory becoming even more demented.

My memory is not so good. So maybe the Stattos can help?

The "Priddy game" was a sat and we were mid table as mentioned before we won.

The other game I think was a 1-1 draw when we got promoted with them. I have this image of it being an evening game and wet. We were in the corner of that big open end that had. I can remember at the end of the game being kept in and things coming over the wall from the high street. Have I got this right or did I dream it?:shrug:
 

Paul Priddy

Wasn't that the Pompey fans at paddy Roche after Francis Joseph had given us the lead against them or is my memory becoming even more demented.

That rings a bell as far as golf balls and Paddy are concerned. It was from the Ealing road end IIRC and I was in New Road for that game. Was it because Paddy saved a penalty?
 

Paul Priddy

good luck to him...i scored a penalty past him in 1970late something at a Griffin Park open day.
 

Paul Priddy

saving those 2 penalties at Watford in 1977 stood out for me.. hero
 

Paul Priddy

Met up with today, first time in 10 years had a great chat. He was disappointed about Bulls lack of appearances and thinks Moore will go far
Also got extra onions in my cheese and onion roll
Top guy
 

Paul Priddy

As a young kid he played in goal for Valley Sports in the West Middlesex Sunday league and when about 16 we were beaten over at Stanwell by 8-2.
It was a good learning experience. His brother Ray (I think) was a good goal scoring centre forward and played for Twickenham and the Sports.
He won't mind me saying but a young Bill Benn also played for Valley Sports when they were a decent side.Finally they merged with Southside and it's Reserve side
where Danny Pipe started his career.
 

Paul Priddy

Paul Priddy

Only John Docherty as mentioned.

Ben Hamer signed on loan three times.

I think they’re the only ones to have signed on three separate occasions for Brentford.

There are many who Brentford have on signed twice......many!
 

Paul Priddy

As mentioned, Ben Hamer has the record.

Andy Ansah had three spells also, two of those on loan.

Richard Key had several spells for us but that's only for the bureaucrats I suppose. He was a non contract player for in 1985/1986 as understudy to Gary Phillips but helped out Swindon Town for two League Cup matches when their keeper, Scott Enderby, went on strike. He would "sign" for Swindon before a game he was due to play in, then cancel his registration after it. We would then re-sign him before our next match.
 

Paul Priddy

I think Lewis Grabban had three spells too

Good god could this be our new claim to fame when we lose the pub on each corner, Lewis 'loner' Grabbens favourite club? I'd prefer Champions of Europe, come on you Bees!!
 

Paul Priddy

I think Lewis Grabban had three spells too

Two loans and after second loan signed permanently, in the same season. Technically yes, but not like he left and re-signed a year later......
 

Paul Priddy

Four years after I commented on another thread I saw him at Shepperton tip I walked past him outside the ground yesterday. Hope he enjoyed the game.
 

Paul Priddy

He used to own a shop down Windmill Road in Sunbury. Used to go in there when I worked in the trading estate around the corner.
 

Paul Priddy

He used to own a shop down Windmill Road in Sunbury. Used to go in there when I worked in the trading estate around the corner.
Was it a goalkeeper repair shop and did it sell new reconditioned keepers ?
 
Last edited:

Paul Priddy

I think he had 3 spells at the club
 
Back
Top Bottom