Peter Gelson

Peter Gelson

Seem to recall him playing for Bedfont Sunday in the Fleet Town six a sides sometime in the eighties.
Is my brothers all time favourite Bees player.
 

Peter Gelson

Same to you and yours mate,

But I still reckon that now Ealing Bee has dumped you, you're trying to groom me. I know about your penchant for young, good looking boys like me....


:sorted:
Not sure someone hasn't hacked your account again and I'm getting a dictionary for Christmas in an attempt to impress
and win back Ealing Bee!
 

Peter Gelson

Just went to Peter Gelson's house, what a gentleman. :cool:

Spoke about the old days, we both did..... lol

Still sees Roger Cross, Jackie Graham, Alan Hawley, Gordon Philips, Paul Bence, etc. Spent a good half hour chatting :)
 

Peter Gelson

Bumped into him with his wife and daughter at the M&S Cafe in Staines a while back. He took the time to have a chat about Brentford. I took the time to tell his ladies to take great care of him as Legends deserve that ����
 

Peter Gelson

IIRC he was the only one of our players that was going to make the QPR side if their takeover had succeeded in 67. One of my all time favourites.
 

Peter Gelson

IIRC he was the only one of our players that was going to make the QPR side if their takeover had succeeded in 67. One of my all time favourites.

Hawley Phillips and Docherty were also I the frame.
 

Peter Gelson

Peter Gelson

Was Peter still playing when the scouse ginger Afro Billy Ashcroft got sent off at GP playing for Wrexham when you had to have committed GBH to get sent off?

Has to be 1972/73? More than likely.
 

Peter Gelson

Yes, definitely those 3 plus Peter and even Bobby Ross I'd have thought. :)

It was mentioned in Denis Signy's qpr book. Can't find it, or the chapter I typed up on the gpg. :banghead:
 

Peter Gelson

It was mentioned in Denis Signy's qpr book. Can't find it, or the chapter I typed up on the gpg. :banghead:

It's all in this thread. :)

https://griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107070&page=5&p=2209917#post2209917

The Team was this,
The merits and demerits of goalkeepers Peter Springett and Gordon Phillips (Brentford) were argued. Was Peter Gelson a better centre-half than Ron Hunt? How did Alan Hawley, for whom Rangers had made an enquiry and later a bid, compare with Tony Hazell? Would John Docherty (now with Reading) and Ian Lawther win places in the Q.P.R. attack?
I don't think it was ever clearly resolved, but a team of the time (remeber this was January, 1967) read: Springett (or Phillips); Hazell, Hawley; Keen, Gelson, Sibley; Lazarus, Docherty, Marsh, Sanderson, Morgan R.
It is interesting, on reflection, that Rangers have since been interested in both Phillips and Gelson as well as Hawley.

But I'd have thought the squad would've included a couple more. :)
 

Peter Gelson

Peter buys his own season ticket as he does not want to feel that he is taking advantage of the club or owner.

After all the years he still sees it as the club gave him more than he gave in return.

A truly remarkable chap that many could learn from today, in all walks of life.
 

Peter Gelson

Peter buys his own season ticket as he does not want to feel that he is taking advantage of the club or owner.

After all the years he still sees it as the club gave him more than he gave in return.

A truly remarkable chap that many could learn from today, in all walks of life.

Peter is an absolute gent, worked with him at the airport and looks as good now as he did 30 odd years ago. They say you should never meet your heroes in case you are disappointed, he was the opposite, passionate about Brentford and happy to talk football all day.
 

Peter Gelson

Peter is an absolute gent, worked with him at the airport and looks as good now as he did 30 odd years ago. They say you should never meet your heroes in case you are disappointed, he was the opposite, passionate about Brentford and happy to talk football all day.

I think I've posted in the past that when we were about 14 my mates and I were having a kick around in Gunnersbury Park one summer and Peter was doing some running on his own keeping fit. He came up and joined in for a bit. Seemed a really nice bloke.
 

Peter Gelson

True Bees Legend.

Happy Birthday Peter.
 

Peter Gelson

Have a good one Pete! One of my first Bees heroes .
 

Peter Gelson

A true Bee in every sense. They don't make 'em like that any more. Enjoy your birthday Peter!
 

Peter Gelson

Great player always gave 100%.Seem to recollect at the end of his career he guested for a Local Sunday team.Can anybody confirm?
 
Back
Top Bottom