Peterborough Tickets

Chiswick bee

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2001
Messages
350
Reaction score
264
Location
Sunny Chiswick, London

Peterborough Tickets

Just a couple of points on the 'borough game.

Can anyone confirm that it is sold out? Peter G perhaps?
If so, then the bees have done well. I was a bit worried that the match wouldn't sell out and we may be a laughing stock. I seem to remember someone slating the club when the deal was announced, for this reason. Obviously he got alot of stick!!

also

Did the bees hierarchy decide to give free tickets for this game, thinking we would win it? I think our record is good against them, however they are running into a bit of form arent they?

Sorry about the load of questions and if its in the wrong forum.

Yoouuuuu reeeedddddssssss!
 

Peterborough Tickets

Fuggit!

Has anyone got a couple spare? (1 if pushed but two would be sweet)

I didn't get my arse in gear soon enough.

I'm sure some bods have picked up dozens for the sake of it...Help!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Park Royal Ben:

I'm sure some bods have picked up dozens for the sake of it...Help!
</font>

Not sure bout the early doors people but over the last few days it was limited to 2 tickets per person/card.
 

Peterborough Tickets

I have just got back from GP and the number of tickets available anywhere is fewer than 20, according to Winnie. They are all in restricted view or by themsleves.

Apparently the club need permission from the Met to rip off the blue tarpaulin in New Road for the game and if this happens then there will be a stampede for the seats this liberates.

It just goes to show that there are three reasons for the drop off in attendances: money, money and money.

The way things are going both teams could be in the top three when the match is played.
 

Peterborough Tickets

Looks like we'll all have to start getting there from 10 am then !!!
wink.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

I ordered 3 tickets after last Tuesday's game and paid 27p postage and was told they would be sent out the next day. I am still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat?
 

Peterborough Tickets

I phoned up Monday morning and was told that there were not any left but then it emerged on here that there were approx 200 left as of Monday night !!

The attitude from the Brentford offices was out of order aswell - makes a change !
 

Peterborough Tickets

Well I haven't got a ticket
frown.gif


Apparently a few left in BR lower (at a squeeze!!!) and hopefully NR will be fully open PG?

Will check on Saturday, and if there are any left, I will try and get me mits on a ticket!
wink.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jimbee:
I ordered 3 tickets after last Tuesday's game and paid 27p postage and was told they would be sent out the next day. I am still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat?</font>


I've now found out that there are a number of envelopes containing tickets awaiting collection (including mine) so if you asked for them to be posted to you and didn't receive them, that's where they probably are.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Infatuated Bees Alter Ego:
Does a season ticket holder need to get a ticket for the Peterborough game ? </font>

no (lucky bastards
wink.gif
)
 

Peterborough Tickets

Saffrey are you sure about this ??
I didn't think so either, cos of what it said on the Ticket information form that was handed out to everyone, but when called the offices on Monday about getting some extra tickets to those I allready have (Season Ticket X 4) the guy said my season ticket seats would've allerady gone, cos I hadn't intimated that I wanted to use the seats for the game.
I havn't pushed this, cos I wasn't 100% sure.
Are there other people with season tickets on here, going to the game and have not got tickets seperate to their season tickets ?
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Infatuated Bees Alter Ego:
Saffrey are you sure about this ??
I didn't think so either, cos of what it said on the Ticket information form that was handed out to everyone, but when called the offices on Monday about getting some extra tickets to those I allready have (Season Ticket X 4) the guy said my season ticket seats would've allerady gone, cos I hadn't intimated that I wanted to use the seats for the game.
I havn't pushed this, cos I wasn't 100% sure.
Are there other people with season tickets on here, going to the game and have not got tickets seperate to their season tickets ?
</font>

Season ticket holders definetly get in as per usual. I expect that what he meant was that the seats around your season ticket seats will have gone, so you wouldn't be able to sit with the people you were getting tickets for (maybe not even get in the same part of the ground).

Also, I can't see why they wouldn't take the tarp off the New Road seats..and if any Bees fans are desperate then try ringing Peterborough (their tickets are free too, remember)...
wink.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon:
It just goes to show that there are three reasons for the drop off in attendances: money, money and money.
</font>

Couldn't agree more...the prices have practically doubled in 10 years
frown.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

Mr T Bee, the guy at the club who answered my query definitely said my season ticket seats would've allready probably gone. You have a point. I'll double check tomorrow, by way of a phone call. If you are right, then I have 4 unwanted tickets for the Wendy House, which someone can pick up from us on Saturday or else I'll give them back to the club. Her indoors didn't fancy standing up all game.
 

Peterborough Tickets

Can somebody who already has their ticket for this match tell us if they say "Please do not occupy seats marked Reserved"...I think that should clear it up
smile.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

The ticket makes no mention of reserved seats, just block, row and seat numbers same as normal.
 

Peterborough Tickets

A season ticket is a season ticket. Whetehr a match is all ticket or pay on the gate, a season ticket holder is entitled to occupy their reserved seat for every home league game.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jimbee:

I've now found out that there are a number of envelopes containing tickets awaiting collection (including mine) so if you asked for them to be posted to you and didn't receive them, that's where they probably are.
</font>

Did the club tell u this ??? I received my Brighton tickets in the post yesterday minus the 2 Peterborough tickets that I requested. Reckon its worth calling BFC then ?
 

Peterborough Tickets

Yes, someone I know who helps in the Away office on matchdays and saw my envelope on Saturday so I now have mine. Not sure about phoning the club judging by other comments but I would go to the office on Saturday.

[This message has been edited by Jimbee (edited 26 September 2001).]
 

Peterborough Tickets

ive got 5 tickets.2 given away and 1 for myself.2 spare-if anybody needs any i will be in the albany before the game.a pint of strongbow and the 2 tickets are yours.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bermondsey Bee:
ive got 5 tickets.2 given away and 1 for myself.2 spare-if anybody needs any i will be in the albany before the game.a pint of strongbow and the 2 tickets are yours. </font>

Can I take first refusal on those ??? Pending receiving my 'missing' tickets from the club ! I'll post/mail ya later this week if I am ok. Cheers
 

Peterborough Tickets

Ok
if the bees office have messed up, can i have anyones spare ticket for Standing at Brook Road, please.
If i get the tickets in the meantime, i will Return it on saturday.

Cheers
 

Peterborough Tickets

This is fantastic. Touting of free tickets makes me feel like I support a big club now.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Infatuated Bees Alter Ego:
Mr T Bee, the guy at the club who answered my query definitely said my season ticket seats would've allready probably gone. You have a point. I'll double check tomorrow, by way of a phone call. If you are right, then I have 4 unwanted tickets for the Wendy House, which someone can pick up from us on Saturday or else I'll give them back to the club. Her indoors didn't fancy standing up all game. </font>

We were told to tell people when we gave out the applications that people with season tickets didnt need to apply for tickets. A season ticket in effect is a ticket, whatever shape it takes. I dont think your seat will have gone....cant remember the last all ticket game we had but had your seat gone then? I really cant see them selling season ticket holders seats...unless they are trying to get rid of all of the season ticket holders for next season!!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr T Bee:
Can somebody who already has their ticket for this match tell us if they say "Please do not occupy seats marked Reserved"...I think that should clear it up
smile.gif
</font>

They wont have that on them because all of the seats are reserved seats as you have to sit where your ticket tells you to. The tickets that are issued to people would have been sold around the season tickets holders seats as they have a list of where all of the season ticket holders sit! I think thats why when we get tickets on the gate (you know the ones that everyone throws away when they get the other side of the turnstile) they arent in numerical order, because they are numbered around season ticket holders reserved seats!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jimbee:
This is fantastic. Touting of free tickets makes me feel like I support a big club now.</font>

You havent got any spare ones have you?

Since I am a gateman and dont have a reserved seat and we are almost all sold out, then I will have nowhere to sit!!
 

Peterborough Tickets

I wonder how many "Bermondsey Bee's" there are going to be? Despite the club asking for any spares back, because there are people wanting to go to the game and can't get a ticket, these guys hold on to them, in the off chance they might be able to get rid? If 1000 people do what Bermondsey Bee has done, that's 2000 people less on the gate.
 

Peterborough Tickets

I agree Thomas...12,000 may have been 'sold', but I still would not be certain that the crowd will reach 5 figures - I hope to be proved wrong though
smile.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

I think it was allways going to be this way. I haven't got a ticket either but i guess it means i can go to one more away game next month. Let's just hope it's a success and draws people to GP on their saturday afternoons rather than being dragged round the shops!!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr T Bee:
I agree Thomas...12,000 may have been 'sold', but I still would not be certain that the crowd will reach 5 figures - I hope to be proved wrong though
smile.gif
</font>

Have you got a tickets, Tom, BeeontheBus, Dave??
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thomas Bathurst:
I wonder how many "Bermondsey Bee's" there are going to be? Despite the club asking for any spares back, because there are people wanting to go to the game and can't get a ticket, these guys hold on to them, in the off chance they might be able to get rid? If 1000 people do what Bermondsey Bee has done, that's 2000 people less on the gate.</font>

and then there is the people who just applied for them on the off chance that they felt like they were going to go and really had no intention on going to the game!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turnstile Bee:
and then there is the people who just applied for them on the off chance that they felt like they were going to go and really had no intention on going to the game!

</font>

I think the majority have gone to ST holders and members though rather than 'chancers'
 

Peterborough Tickets

I wonder if there will be any touts in operation on the day, and how much they will charge?
 

Peterborough Tickets

I think if you have any tickets left over when you get to the turnstiles, give them to the gateman and then at least if someone comes who hasnt got a ticket, they will be able to use it!
 

Peterborough Tickets

I think the club should be congratulated on selling out. Hopefully they will be able to open up the full New Road.

Lets just hope that everyone now turns up.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turnstile Bee:
and then there is the people who just applied for them on the off chance that they felt like they were going to go and really had no intention on going to the game!

</font>

....I e mailed the club the other week about this because i originally wanted 5 or 6 and knowing how crap my mates can be and realising that they wouldn't feel guilty about not turning up (free tickets!! woopey!!)...anyway I'm not around that weekend so didn't bother applying.(which is just as well seeing as tho' the club never answered my question)
If anyone's not got a ticket and fancy coming over to France to see my
new band supporting MELT BANANA (thought not...) then RYANAIR flights that weekend are 2p!!!!!!-but they're non-transferable and you can't do your knitting whilst on board
smile.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bees Bhoy:
I think the club should be congratulated on selling out. Hopefully they will be able to open up the full New Road.

Lets just hope that everyone now turns up.
</font>

Selling out in this case is ensuring all your tickets have been distributed but as you correctly point out let's hope everybody turns up. I suspect they won't and I suspect a lot of tickets won't be returned to the club as possible attendees will make up their minds on the day not to go. Meanwhile I've been slow off the mark and my party of 3 won't be in attendance, I don't fancy getting returns and having us split all over the ground.
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turnstile Bee:
Have you got a tickets, Tom, BeeontheBus, Dave??

</font>

No, I stand on Brook Rd and if desperate I'd stand on the Ealing

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Turnstile Bee:
I think if you have any tickets left over when you get to the turnstiles, give them to the gateman and then at least if someone comes who hasnt got a ticket, they will be able to use it!</font>

Excellent idea (are you feeling alright Dan?!). If Peter G reads this, maybe signs should be put outside the ground with the above on them.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saffrey:
I wonder if there will be any touts in operation on the day, and how much they will charge?</font>

HA HA HA HA HA
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
What have you been taking Saff, and can I have some!
tongue.gif
cool.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bees Bhoy:
I think the club should be congratulated on selling out. </font>
Have we sold out? If so, why is there no word of it on the official site? Has anyone been told they can't ave any tickets because they've all gone? People at my office are starting to make noises about getting tickets, but it sounds like they might be too late. But I guess neutrals can try and get tickets from Posh.
 

Peterborough Tickets

Im feeling perfectly fine Mr T....just one of my many now published brain waves for you all to ponder on!
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PutneyBee:
Selling out in this case is ensuring all your tickets have been distributed but as you correctly point out let's hope everybody turns up. I suspect they won't and I suspect a lot of tickets won't be returned to the club as possible attendees will make up their minds on the day not to go. Meanwhile I've been slow off the mark and my party of 3 won't be in attendance, I don't fancy getting returns and having us split all over the ground. </font>

I thought you weren't going anyway as a protest.
biggrin.gif
 

Peterborough Tickets

Bloody Hell Jimbee you've a great memory. My original thoughts were kneejerk to say the least. I want to be there as I'm a regular; I might not have agreed with this idea originally but I still have the passion to want to be there. I don't mind giving up my usual seats for potential new fans but just don't like the idea that those with tickets might not show on the day.
But I retract my original thoughts and praise the club for this initiative.
 

Peterborough Tickets

If I come across some spares together, I'll give you first refusal mate.
 

Peterborough Tickets

Does anyone know how manu boro are bringing down to this match?
 

Peterborough Tickets

.



[This message has been edited by GABS (edited 27 September 2001).]
 

Peterborough Tickets

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Johnbee:
Does anyone know how manu boro are bringing down to this match? </font>

Well if they don't do 1500 for a FREE away sat game in London (considering the usual 'ex-pats' factor away teams have here) then they should be ashamed !
 

Peterborough Tickets

I would imagine that they will 'sellout' also.
 

Peterborough Tickets

Boro have 'sold' all their seats and half of their terrace allocation.
 
Back
Top Bottom