Play Off Hoodoo

Play Off Hoodoo

That whomever does better in the two league matches has a better chance of winning the play off encounter.

But these stats don’t necessarily show that, all it proves is that historically we’ve lost to teams that have bettered us in league matches AND those that we’ve bettered?

I don’t think the data set (using just our own play off record) is big enough to really show any trends, however, the only way to even start to show your interpretation is correct would be if we had better league records against Swansea, Swindon and Bristol City the years we bear them.
 

Play Off Hoodoo

But these stats don’t necessarily show that, all it proves is that historically we’ve lost to teams that have bettered us in league matches AND those that we’ve bettered?

I don’t think the data set (using just our own play off record) is big enough to really show any trends, however, the only way to even start to show your interpretation is correct would be if we had better league records against Swansea, Swindon and Bristol City the years we bear them.
Oh I agree that the data set isn't big enough. But I will leave that as an exercise for the user to disprove the above assertion.
 

Play Off Hoodoo

I am really positive that we can do this. Completely played bournemouth off the park with 10 today. Maybe experiment with some in next games and if it isn't to be we will get there I guarantee it
 

Play Off Hoodoo

Despite my pragmatic and optimistic view based on the current team it’s form and it’s record this season......... it’s a play off. I have PTSD about those.
 

Play Off Hoodoo

Only issue is last season if we had gone up i thought wed survive comfortably, but this season i think we'd come straight back down

though i guess there is a long way to go

and actually even if we come back down least we will have a lot more money to keep us going and pay MB back a bit

so ignore all the above

As you were

I think a year in the Prem could pay him back, give us some play money and even if we come back down it'll be business as usual.
 

Play Off Hoodoo

So how are we going to approach these.....

GPG, let’s have an agreement, anyone who posts ‘we will lose anyway’ ‘always lose in the play offs’ ‘lost 9 times’ ‘we don’t do play offs’ ‘remember (insert previous team we have lost to)’ ‘fulham’ receives an infraction.

We all know about the past and no one needs reminding of that, let’s get a positive attitude going, 25% chance we can do it. We are decent defensively and we have the leagues top scorer, it won’t take a lot else above that to get us over the line.

I don’t want the mood on this board to carry into the play offs of doom and gloom and self pity, we can win them if we get a bit of luck, so let’s think lucky and raise our mood and attack them head on.

Massive thanks to you all, we did it. Extra special thanks to Silly Hat who has been an absolute beacon of positivity the last three weeks. Premier league !!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom