Players leaving now?

Players leaving now?

rhodes gave 100% today and looked a lot better than rankin or willock.

give him a good pre-seaon then we will see whether he can recapture his pre-injury form or not
 

Players leaving now?

Do people really think we're going to get that many offers for Turner and KOC? I know they've both had good seasons but they seem to be consistently overlooked by scouts and commentators... I suspect their lack of pace will prevent too many higher clubs looking at them and I'd be furious if we sold them to teams at the same level...

I also think people are being far too harsh on Rhodes.. He's barely come back from a very serious injury and being rushed back by MA. He's certainly got some talent and I think we should give him a full pre-season and put him on the same sort of fitness regime we put DJ on before we start writing him off... He wasn't great today but at least he's prepared to shoot when he gets a chance and can hit the ball cleanly.

Personally I'd get rid of;

Newman
Dobbo
Hutch
Rankin
Willock
Peters
Lewis
Pratley

Gayle and Bankole will prob retire, Smith can go back to Brizzle
 

Players leaving now?

Mr Cynical said:
I also think people are being far too harsh on Rhodes.. He's barely come back from a very serious injury and being rushed back by MA.
Due to the reduced wage bill for next season we need players at the club that are injury-free - this is why Hutch is probably going to get the boot.
 

Players leaving now?

brighton bee said:
rhodes gave 100% today and looked a lot better than rankin or willock.

give him a good pre-seaon then we will see whether he can recapture his pre-injury form or not

Rankin showed desire today (shame it takes the chance of a new contract to warrant that), Pillock is just rubbish, Tiger (unfortunatley I believe) just doesn't have it - if today was his 100% then goodbye......
 

Players leaving now?

Alex Rhodes is worth giving another season.

He's had a poor year, but the potential is still there.

He needs a run in the team, build up some confidence and learn his own limits. He's got talent, and he's got a bit of fecking heart, with confidence and more experience he'll be a quality player.
 

Players leaving now?

Brentford St George said:
Sodje will be off for sure.At the final whistle his first reaction was to wave goodbye to the crowd:cry:

He was waving to his brothers :rolleyes:


Reckon he WILL be off though :cry:
 

Players leaving now?

markbfc said:
Due to the reduced wage bill for next season we need players at the club that are injury-free - this is why Hutch is probably going to get the boot.

Fair point, but he can't be on that much can he? Surely worth a try on a one-year deal?
 

Players leaving now?

people going imo

MA
turner
sodje
tabb
hutch
brooker
Newman!!!!
pratley
gayle
rankin maybe

hope im wrong about MA and Tabb
 

Players leaving now?

HunsburyBee said:
Whoever goes or stays, the first priority for next season must be to create some kind of strikeforce. Despite our "successes" of the last two seasons, we have been woeful up front and rarely looked dangerous. We need a regular goalscorer (or two) desperately - someone who's going to get 20+ goals a season.

Get in there Hunsbury.a regular goalscorer, would have seen us promoted the last two seasons. Todays game the strikers was the difference. Can you remember the home league game how sh*t Swanseas defence was. there is no doubt in my mind that with a 20goal man and Lloyd. we would have won.
 

Players leaving now?

Due to budgetary constraints I think we need to be prepared for a number of changes:

Sodje - may well go
Turner - possibly
Tabb - almost certainly

Newman - has not got another season in him, put him on the list (no one would take him)
Brooker - I'd put him on the list. Going to be a luxury for us
Skulason - will be with us for longer; bit worried if he is on as much as has been suggested
Owusu - He tries, but I don't think he's the answer
Fitzgerald - list, but I think we are lumbered
Dobson - will probably be released
Hutchinson - ditto
Rankin - ditto
Gayle - released
Willock - at the moment looks very very poor
Smith - released by Bristol C. (already)
Lewis - probably released
Pratley - back to Fulham
 

Players leaving now?

HunsburyBee said:
Whoever goes or stays, the first priority for next season must be to create some kind of strikeforce. Despite our "successes" of the last two seasons, we have been woeful up front and rarely looked dangerous. We need a regular goalscorer (or two) desperately - someone who's going to get 20+ goals a season.

I agree - been saying this for nearly all of the last two seasons

I thought May and Harrold in the first half against Rushden looked about as dangerous as our forwards have under Allen
 

Players leaving now?

Ace Face said:
Whatever happens, I do not want to see over 30s on £80 - £105k a year at GP.

Then I suggest you contact the Club and have your seat turned around so you sit with your back to the pitch :(
 

Players leaving now?

How good would it be if we had a couple of strikers who regularly hit the back of the net again! I could take being resigned to League 1 for that. How unlucky were we to lose Oli just a few games in? Then to have lost DJ just when he'd gound his feet in League 1 and then finally to have lost Lloyd....it was a bit like watching a car struggle to the finishing line with one wheel long gone and the engine falling out. I think people are being hard on Tiger - been rushed back, in and out of the team. Just before his first injury, I can remember him scything through a defence like Henry and thinking the futures's good. Think he has to be given another chance. How galling would it be to see him make it elsewhere.
 

Players leaving now?

Turner ,owusu and Kev will stay as i cant see anyone else coming in for them

Tabb will be sold

Pratley will leave...but aint that good ne way

Sodje's end half of a season performances have been a bit fishy, think his agent may want him to leave on a free.

We should keep:Tillen,Rhodes,Framps,Oli,Willock (we paid 50k for him)

Get rid off:Newman,Brooker,Isiah,Hutch,Fitz

Allen will stay cause he aint won anything yet and must perfect his tactics
But he is the man to bring in new talent to the club as we have a brand name now from all the tv coverage

However next year is going to be very tough!!!!

Big thanks to all who have used GPG this season,Its been fun!!!!!!!!!!

See you all next season!!!!!!!!
 

Players leaving now?

Lets get what we can for all those who want away and bring in young hungry players who are grateful for the chance to prove themselves. What I don't want is for MA to spend next years budget and then leave for another club.
 

Players leaving now?

Chelsea Bee said:
We should keep:Tillen,Rhodes,Framps,Oli,Willock (we paid 50k for him)

oh well thats alright then-why dont we offer him a 25 year contract and rename new road after him while were at it:rolleyes:
 

Players leaving now?

Based on what I have seen I expect Tabb to be sold/leave and I suspect Sodje will also be off to pastures new. Hopefully we can get some cash in for these two to give ourselves some breathing space

I think we can expect Newman, Dobson, Hutchinson, Rankin, Gayle, Pratley and Bankole to leave. All of whom are out of contract at BFC I believe.

It would be great to keep Tabb but realistically that is not going to happen. I would not mind us signing Smith, if he will take a low wage, Lewis likewise and possibly Rhodes on a erformance related deal. He could do the business but has to show something soon.

We then have Nelson, O'Connor, Turner, Frampton, Tillen, Brooker, Skulason, Owusu, Fitzgerald, Tillen, Willock, Peters, Masters, Mousinho, Charles, Osborne and Ide for next season.

Fitz, Willock and Brooker would be no great loss.

O'Connor and Turner might attract offers.
 

Players leaving now?

if i was ryan peters id be sweating right now-he really is yet to make any sort of impact at all and needs to start fulfilling his potential sooner rather than later
 

Players leaving now?

brighton bee said:
if i was ryan peters id be sweating right now-he really is yet to make any sort of impact at all and needs to start fulfilling his potential sooner rather than later

i have a lot of sympathy for ryan peters
he's one player who really would have benefitted
from us having a reserve team to keep him sharp
and generally encourage his development

the way things are he's in limbo land

if he's hungry we should keep him
 

Players leaving now?

Claire said:
i wonder when Martin will let us know who is going and who is being released

Monday for who is going to be released, I have little doubt it has already been decided and would expect it to be quite brutal to be honest.

I am with those who feel Rhodes has not made it at this level.

I am sure he has already made his mind up and knows who he wants to come in as well.

As for those being sold or enticed away who knows, I don't believe a lot of what has been written on here.

Interestingly neither MA or Sodje are mentioned in paper talk anymore so I wonder if their stock has dropped a bit ( or even a lot).
 

Players leaving now?

markbfc said:
I think we should release him (Rhodes) to be honest. Cue the abuse. :wave:

Disagree with you on that one Mark (no abuse though). He's got pace, he's got a spark of something different that makes him worth a gamble. He deserves a full season where he can show us what he can do.
 

Players leaving now?

Has Sodje played well enough recently to attract a decent offer? I suspect alot will depend on this as I wouldn't hold out much hope for a decent fee from Tabb's tribunal
 

Players leaving now?

My guesses on probability of departure:

FOR FEES

Tabb 90% - out of contract, so will only cost tribunal fee and good enough to attract Championship if not Premiership
Sodje 90% - profile will attract people, and clubs wll think they can add coaching to his speed and athleticism to make a good defender. I fear we might only get arund £300k though
O'Connor 50% - not sure if higher clubs wll come in or if offers will be as much as £100k so we may wish to keep him
Turner 50% - As we have to give Charlton most of the transfer fee would have to be over £500k to make it worth our while at all and I don't see clubs offering that for someone who, despite his assets, has no pace. Problem may be if a bigger club come in, we don't like the fee but he likes the wage increase - might he be demotivated?

END OF CONTRACT

Lewis 100% - not a bad player, but we haven't used him enough to keep him
Gayle 100% - thanks for all his efforts but now past it
Pratley 100% - he won't want another season at this level (nor would Fulham if they have plans for him) and his form in 2nd half of season hasn't been good enough to justify high salary
Hutch 90% - we were prepared to sell him for a relatively small fee in Jan - not someone you would build team around
Rankin 60% - MA seems to like him, but too pricy for what he delivers
Rhodes 50% - hasn't showed much form this season, but probably worth a contract with an option in case he gets back to form, but don't guarantee him more than one year
Bankole 50% - not sure we can afford a f/t goalkeeping coach and we can't afford an experienced pro reserve keeper - if Nelson got injured we could loan someone

FREE IF ANYONE WANTS THEM
Fitz 50% - may depend on us paying off part of his contract as no-one will offer him the same (but may be better to pay 50% of his salary and free up a place rather than pay full salary to someone we don't want to play)
Newman 30% - I think we'd release him, but could only imagine someone offering him a job if they wanted a player/coach

That leaves (I think) Nelson, Mousinho Osborne, Frampton, Charles, Brooker, Skulason, Peters, Owusu, Willock and Ide as players under contract who are very unlikely to get offers from elsewhere. Who would join them will depend on which of the others go, so the sooner departures are sorted the better, so that management can start planning acquisitions
 

Players leaving now?

The H said:
so if George retires, who's in goal for the 1st game of the season

Loanee (or Masters if manager thinks he's up to it) - assuming Nelson loses appeal
 

Players leaving now?

Anyone watching that game would only want one player !!!

If Allen is to stay then whoever goes wont make a difference, he proved he can build a team !

I would happily lose Newman, Brooker, Hutch, Willock, Lewis, Bankole, Fritz and Pratley !!
 

Players leaving now?

Rhodes has shown that he has something to offer, he is pretty hit and miss but he only played a handful of games in the few years he's been with us so is still learning.

I would only offer him a year but i believe his performane in the 1st half at Griffin Park against Barnsley showed the potential the boy has..
 

Players leaving now?

Beesfan said:
Rhodes has shown that he has something to offer, he is pretty hit and miss but he only played a handful of games in the few years he's been with us so is still learning.

I would only offer him a year but i believe his performane in the 1st half at Griffin Park against Barnsley showed the potential the boy has..

I'd agree 100% with that. He has something about him and I think that he needs the chance to prove himself. I can't help thinking that if we let him go, we'd regret it in years to come. A year's contract with an option sounds perfect.
 

Players leaving now?

I initially thought that Rhodes looked a good player, you could see that he still has mental probelms over his knee as he did whimp out of a couple of tackles yesterday. I would give him a full pre season to see if he can regain his form. I personally would love for us to sign Pratley on a full term basis as he is a good footballer, he had a poor spell recently but think that is due to being rushed back from injury. Playing him alongside Oli would give us a great midfield.
We will lose Sodje and Turner and probably O'Connor. I personally am not that bothered about Sodje going as his head hasn't been with us since the January transfer deadline. Turner and O'Connor will be big loses in my opinion.
In terms of Tabby....I just want to say a huge thank you for the 110% week in, week out that he gaveand his love for the red and white. I don't begrudge him a bigger and better move and will be the first to applaud him if/when we come to face him later in his career.

Players who we should say thanks but no thanks to are as follows:
Rankin - Huge respect playing with an injury but he is just so annoying, a great player when he is bothered but that is so few and far between.
Gayle - Thanks for the service, its been nice seeing him back at home where he belongs but his time is up.
Big George - Can never say that things were dull when he was between the posts and for those who were at Swansea last Thursday, you will hopefully understand my thoughts when I say thanks to him for his performance and keeping us in the tie.

Other players who we should say bye to and I hope its sooner rather than later: Fitz, Pillock, Newman (I will crack open the champers if all 3 of these go). Hutch

If MA does decide to do the off, I have mentioned elsewhere that I would quite like Keith Alexander (Lincoln Mgr) take over as he is obviously doing something right, play off's for 4 years running for Lincoln. I hope thought MA does decide to stay and finish what he started with us though as I have lots of respect for the man. He has done what many others have failed to do and put Brentford FC on the footballing map.
 

Players leaving now?

Tabby,
Sodje,
Rankin,
Fitz,
Newman,
Gayle,
Hutch,
Pratley,
Pillock,
 

Players leaving now?

My main worry is Allen (who I believe although he has been tactically naive at times has acheived a tremendous amount for this football club) Is going to have full control over the next few days and weeks to players future's at the club as to whether they stay or go. He could in a months time be off to who knows where and we are left with no manager and about half a dozen players. Surely the powers that be at the club need to sit down with Allen and discuss his future before giving him the power to decimate a team and then bugger off.
 

Players leaving now?

Beesfan said:
Rhodes has shown that he has something to offer, he is pretty hit and miss but he only played a handful of games in the few years he's been with us so is still learning.

I would only offer him a year but i believe his performane in the 1st half at Griffin Park against Barnsley showed the potential the boy has..

He also had a good game when he came on as sub at Yeovil. These injuries do take a while to get over. Pratley came back to soon from his injury that's why he has gone of the boil. If we can afford I would like to see him back at gp next season.
 

Players leaving now?

KcBee said:
My main worry is Allen (who I believe although he has been tactically naive at times has acheived a tremendous amount for this football club) Is going to have full control over the next few days and weeks to players future's at the club as to whether they stay or go. He could in a months time be off to who knows where and we are left with no manager and about half a dozen players. Surely the powers that be at the club need to sit down with Allen and discuss his future before giving him the power to decimate a team and then bugger off.


:imwith:
 

Players leaving now?

King Bee said:
:imwith:

quite agree. I think we can safely say that Tabb and probably Sodje (given the press he has got) will probably go.

I also think we will see more of Tillen next season (fantastic crosser of the ball and quite skillful).

What we need is a decent target man that can hold the ball up to allow Rhodes to run into that hole, Lloyd showed he can do that to some extent but frankly pales in comparison to the likes of Burgess and Burton.

I suspect the following will go: Fitzgerald, Rankin, Hutchinson, Tabb, Sodje, Lewis, Gayle, Pratley, Bankole (and I'm hoping) Newman

With respect to LLoyd who has improved as the season went on we have needed a proper target man for years !!
A Fallon, Fletcher, Howard, somebody in that mould.

For me Alex Rhodes would be one of the first out of the door, very lightweight, poor first touch & flatters to deceive.

Without Lloydy & Gayle we had no punch up front whatsover against basically a cumbersome Swans back four who were very poor in the league match at GP.
 

Players leaving now?

Northern_Bee said:
If MA does decide to do the off, I have mentioned elsewhere that I would quite like Keith Alexander (Lincoln Mgr) take over as he is obviously doing something right, play off's for 4 years running for Lincoln. I hope thought MA does decide to stay and finish what he started with us though as I have lots of respect for the man. He has done what many others have failed to do and put Brentford FC on the footballing map.

Have you seen the way Lincoln play football! We don't have any 6ft 8" freaks.

The budget will be a massive factor in whether MA stays, I hope he does, I still feel Brentford & MA are good for eachother. It's easy to forget that he is really just starting at this game, he will become a better allround manager as he matures. In some ways, if he chases the next step up before getting a real grounding, there is a danger he will be in for a big fall.

Accepting the probable departures of Tabby & Sodje, we should still have the basis of a solid spine with Skulason as the holding midfielder. I may be wrong but I can't see both our potential captains Kev O'C & Michael Turner going. The one has been injured too much to catch the eye & selling the other only generates cash for Charlton.
What has NOT happened this season (excepting DJ!) is for the younger squad players to make an impact in the 1st XI. This is something we desperately need & next season will be vital for the futures of Tillen, Mousinho, Charles, Osbourne, Peters & Ide.

Plus as senior players, Skulason, Rhodes & Willock should be starting their pre-seasons 2 weeks before everyone else to make sure they are in A1 condition from the off.

Ideally, we need a pacy central defender (Darius Charles?), a clever player in midfield to replace Tabby, a decent wide player to emerge (Rhodes / Tillen / Peters) & a spark up front to replace DJ (Charlie Ide??).

At best, on the reduced budget we have to work to, you would want to have a dart at squeezing in the play-offs & a truly budget-busting FAC Rd 3 tie. Failing that, mid-table obscurity would be OK if the young lads come through, the balance sheets improve & we base our game on possession football on the deck.
 

Players leaving now?

davido_i I can't see both our potential captains Kev O'C & Michael Turner going. [/QUOTE said:
Don't quote me but i will be very surprised if king kev is a brentford player next season if i was a betting man i would say he will be more likely to be on the payroll of Bristol City than us watch this space
 

Players leaving now?

my friend who is a qpr fan tells me that a rumour of Kev and Turner going to them is doing the rounds
 

Players leaving now?

KcBee said:
Don't quote me but i will be very surprised if king kev is a brentford player next season if i was a betting man i would say he will be more likely to be on the payroll of Bristol City than us watch this space

The rumour i'm hearing from the west country is Tabby & Turner but it's good to see therumours are doing the rounds:sorted: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
 

Players leaving now?

red_and_white said:
my friend who is a qpr fan tells me that a rumour of Kev and Turner going to them is doing the rounds

Football-rumours. com (the bastion of truth) says that Tabb will go to QPR on a free ( and that Allen will be approached by Charlton).
 
Back
Top Bottom