Police policy

Joined
16 Feb 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
213
Location
harefield

Police policy

last 2 home games it has been noticable that away fans are being allowed to wander down the New Road,probably from the New Inn, finishing off their drinks.has the old bill changed policy or turning a blind eye ?
 

Police policy

last 2 home games it has been noticable that away fans are being allowed to wander down the New Road,probably from the New Inn, finishing off their drinks.has the old bill changed policy or turning a blind eye ?

Thats your answer mate........ Only interested if its home fans.
 

Police policy

Is it not a drink dispersal zone?
 

Police policy

no,nothings changed. The Brentford police are more interested in "dealing with" their own fans
 

Police policy

We don't have Brentford police anymore. The MET deploy from all over now.
 

Police policy

look lets stop pussy footing around the club and the old bill need to sought out an away permanent pub, then its so much easier to police making there job easier on a cost effective exercise, there a incident waiting to happen around g/p 'with some naughty boys coming up on the horizon .Allowing fans to leave the new inn and walk down the new road is a recipe for an incident
 

Police policy

The police asked all the landlords if any of them wanted to be an away pub. They all said no.
 

Police policy

The police asked all the landlords if any of them wanted to be an away pub. They all said no.
Of the four, the New Inn is the nearest to an "away" pub - and has been for years. The last time I went in there - admittedly some time ago- I gained the impression that the landlord was actually hostile to BFC. (Though I note this season, for the first time, the New Inn is actually advertised in the Programme)
 

Police policy

The police asked all the landlords if any of them wanted to be an away pub. They all said no.

then do what other Clubs do and tell them to use a pub that is 15 or 20 minutes walk away
 

Police policy

The police asked all the landlords if any of them wanted to be an away pub. They all said no.
ok hobbsy the four pub lanlords run the fans welfare section do they ??? grow some balls met police and sort an away pub out . surely if the northern coppers can sought it out so can the met??
 

Police policy

I fail to see the issue here; are people seriously worried about beer being spilled in New Road?
 

Police policy

I fail to see the issue here; are people seriously worried about beer being spilled in New Road?

I think people are worried about away fans coming down New Road as they are going up in the other direction.

But that has been happening ever since the away end was moved to Brook Road.
 

Police policy

ok hobbsy the four pub lanlords run the fans welfare section do they ??? grow some balls met police and sort an away pub out . surely if the northern coppers can sought it out so can the met??

You can't force a pub to be an 'AWAY' pub...
 

Police policy

Too veer off topic there are notieably more away fans in the Nelson these days, lots of hoops in there last Saturday.
 

Police policy

w/rd /bee sorry the word force doesn't come into play up north your told that's the bottom line
 

Police policy

I think people are worried about away fans coming down New Road as they are going up in the other direction.

But that has been happening ever since the away end was moved to Brook Road.

Away fans using New Road after the game are surely heading for Away coaches and are not the type ro start trouble
Unless they are heading to South Ealing tube / 65 bus, I suppose....in which case, they've done their home work or been before...

Sheff Wed and Wolves fans for example.....
 

Police policy

Away fans using New Road after the game are surely heading for Away coaches and are not the type ro start trouble
Unless they are heading to South Ealing tube / 65 bus, I suppose....in which case, they've done their home work or been before...

Sheff Wed and Wolves fans for example.....

away fans going to get the 65 bus ??? wtf !!!! yeh, that will be it then:banghead: lol lol

a certain poster who comes on here occasionally was walking up the new rd with fulham coming down from the new inn just before the game......he did ok, so i heard ;) lol
 

Police policy

Away fans using New Road after the game are surely heading for Away coaches and are not the type ro start trouble
Unless they are heading to South Ealing tube / 65 bus, I suppose....in which case, they've done their home work or been before...

Sheff Wed and Wolves fans for example.....

You obviously didn't see the state of the Leeds fans that fell off coaches parked on the A4 the other week.

That said personally don't see the problem and I sit in New Road.
 

Police policy

away fans going to get the 65 bus ??? wtf !!!! yeh, that will be it then:banghead: lol lol

a certain poster who comes on here occasionally was walking up the new rd with fulham coming down from the new inn just before the game......he did ok, so i heard ;) lol

You obviously didn't see the state of the Leeds fans that fell off coaches parked on the A4 the other week.

That said personally don't see the problem and I sit in New Road.

There are huge numbers of Wednesday fans who live in and around London, who will be aiming for South Ealing, possibly via a 65 bus.
Even notherners can google these days.
Not all of them travel by coach or train from Brentford station

Doovy,
I do not travel by coach often, but recently, I am aware of strict booze bans on coaches from Brentford. Are you saying Leeds official coaches broke this rule ! Shocking,,,,,,
 

Police policy

There are huge numbers of Wednesday fans who live in and around London, who will be aiming for South Ealing, possibly via a 65 bus.
Even notherners can google these days.
Not all of them travel by coach or train from Brentford station

Doovy,
I do not travel by coach often, but recently, I am aware of strict booze bans on coaches from Brentford. Are you saying Leeds official coaches broke this rule ! Shocking,,,,,,

I think its fair to say they had either been drinking on their coaches or stopped en-route at a pub. Alternatively it might be the good people of Leeds just have a problem with gravity which prevents them from standing upright and walking in straight lines :)
 

Police policy

There are huge numbers of Wednesday fans who live in and around London, who will be aiming for South Ealing, possibly via a 65 bus.
Even notherners can google these days.
Not all of them travel by coach or train from Brentford station

Doovy,
I do not travel by coach often, but recently, I am aware of strict booze bans on coaches from Brentford. Are you saying Leeds official coaches broke this rule ! Shocking,,,,,,

a warning to any brentford fans going back to ealing after the game.....avoid the 65 bus stops as huge numbers of weds fans will be taking up all the seats on the bus.........apparently lol lol

some of the stuff on here should come with a health warning ;)
 

Police policy

they obviously heard how much a pint costs in Brentford .
 

Police policy

Interested to hear more about this strict ban on booze on brentford coaches!!! Going on window licker for forest and want to be treated like a adult
 

Police policy

Of the four, the New Inn is the nearest to an "away" pub - and has been for years. The last time I went in there - admittedly some time ago- I gained the impression that the landlord was actually hostile to BFC. (Though I note this season, for the first time, the New Inn is actually advertised in the Programme)

They have been advertising in the program for years, also I always find the landlord to be decent. I tend to vary the pubs I go to pre match and the Griffin by far and away has the most away fans IMO.
 

Police policy

Hullbee you need to bee in the clique for the good coaches. Booze on bees coaches whilst under the gilhams and before them mary Farley has allways been banned but there was allways loads of lrge bottle of coke being taken on board. Personally cant see how rugby coaches don't come under the same ruling ???
 

Police policy

Police policy

I've never seen a group of away fans stop and get on the 65 bus, they always walk on.
 

Police policy

I think its fair to say they had either been drinking on their coaches or stopped en-route at a pub. Alternatively it might be the good people of Leeds just have a problem with gravity which prevents them from standing upright and walking in straight lines :)

Or they gave the game a miss and decided on a tour of the pubs instead.... one guy waiting to get on the Leeds coach looked like he hadn't bothered much with the football, though he was no danger to anyone but himself
 

Police policy

well hullbee you were certainly scraping the barrel there 2006 ??of all the coaches ive ever run we never invited NON DRINKERS as for swearing or poker that was the norm .As we all know its Brentford innit
 

Police policy

well hullbee you were certainly scraping the barrel there 2006 ??of all the coaches ive ever run we never invited NON DRINKERS as for swearing or poker that was the norm .As we all know its Brentford innit

Had to troll through a lot of coaches threads to find that one I must admit
 

Police policy

As far as I know the the law is No Alcohol on a public service vehicle to and from a sporting event. If that law has changed then I may ask for a refund on my fine.
 

Police policy

As far as I know the the law is No Alcohol on a public service vehicle to and from a sporting event. If that law has changed then I may ask for a refund on my fine.

I thought it was just to a football event
 

Police policy

well hullbee you were certainly scraping the barrel there 2006 ??of all the coaches ive ever run we never invited NON DRINKERS as for swearing or poker that was the norm .As we all know its Brentford innit

I think you forgot to prefix your 2nd sentence with 'allegedly' ;)
 

Police policy

I've never seen a group of away fans stop and get on the 65 bus, they always walk on.

..because you are watching them, they probably feel self concious..
 

Police policy

When I go away, with the Good Beer Guide on my iphone at the ready, I expect to be served pretty much anywhere I want to. That is one of the many reasons for going to away games, especially by train but even by coach if they get there early enough (Hartlepool & Blades in recent years worked very well, Rotherham too). What IS the problem with away fans doing the same? Everybody I know who visits GP wants to do the '4'............... Met oppo friends at many games in recent years, Brighton being the last. No trouble at all!

What I don't want is to be told to go to specific pub!
 
Last edited:

Police policy

Amazing.

So if I have a couple of tinnies on the 12:08 from Southampton on a Saturday, I'm commiting an offence??

No. Only if that train was specifically put on to take you to the game. So that Crewe train a couple of years ago would of been booze free!
 

Police policy

Beerinintheevining and similar websites have encouraged visiting fans to head for pubs like the Brewery Tap and Watermans Arms for a quiet drink. Most pubs around Brentford are welcoming to away fans and I get seriously hacked off when i go away and see all the 'no away fans' signs outside the pubs. Let's not change though, that's why so many away fans I speak to love a day out at Brentford.
 

Police policy

a warning to any brentford fans going back to ealing after the game.....avoid the 65 bus stops as huge numbers of weds fans will be taking up all the seats on the bus.........apparently lol lol
Are they not allowed to stand?
 

Police policy

Are they not allowed to stand?

The 65 bus drivers are extremely strict "no standing on the bus" "no back chat about me and my authority" "that's it switching the bus of" "don't moan at me madam the bus isn't moving until the offending people get off de bus"

Fifty away fans get of the bus allowing the more orderly brentford fans to avail of the space
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom