Tickets Port Vale (A)

Jay Bee

Well-known member
Joined
24 Jan 2001
Messages
16,451
Reaction score
13,441
Location
London

Port Vale (A)

  • Season Ticket Holders inc. Premium Seat Holders with 3,900+TAPs: Thursday 16 December, 3pm (guaranteed opportunity, one per person)
    Tickets will go off sale at 9am on Friday 17 December
  • All Season Ticket Holders inc. Premium Seat Holders (subject to availability): Friday 17 December, 3pm (one per person, subject to availability)
    Tickets will go off sale at 9am on Tuesday 14 December
  • All My Bees Members (subject to availability): Tuesday 21 December, 3pm (one per person, subject to availability)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Port Vale (A)

3900?!?! What's the allocation at Port Vale these days? A deckchair and a beanbag?
 

Port Vale (A)

WTAF!!

Fat fingers? 2,900 surely?
 

Port Vale (A)

i thought we would have got at least 3/4 of the stand behind the goal. the whole stand holds 4,500
 

Port Vale (A)

I think it might be that Port Vale need fair warning if the crowd is going to top 10000 so that they can put extra Covid measures in place

Or they might make 10000 the max attendance
 

Port Vale (A)

.................more good news...............
 

Port Vale (A)

Why would they ask for such a low amount and then set such a high band? Questionable logic.

Also got the wrong "offsale" date for the "All STH" band on the site too.
 

Port Vale (A)

I just spoke with the Port Vale Ticket Office, we've only asked for 1,000 :rolleyes:
If we've only asked for 1000 I am not sure how the club can 'guarantee' tickets for everyone over 3900 TAP - a level that normally they would guarantee with about 2500 - 3000 availability.

I echo the frustration though - this is the first time this season that junior would not qualify in the first allocation.
 

Port Vale (A)

If we've only asked for 1000 I am not sure how the club can 'guarantee' tickets for everyone over 3900 TAP - a level that normally they would guarantee with about 2500 - 3000 availability.

I echo the frustration though - this is the first time this season that junior would not qualify in the first allocation.

True. Should have been 5,200 TAPS then to guarantee the top 1000 Tappers a ticket in this tranche.
 

Port Vale (A)

Maybe they’re hoping to minimise the number of refunds that’ll need to be processed if there’s an imminent change to the likelihood of the fixture going ahead at all or at least in front of fans.
 

Port Vale (A)

Probably think it’ll be behind closed doors anyway taking a small amount means they only have to pay a small amount
 

Port Vale (A)

They just ask Port Vale for more tickets. No idea why they've chosen this threshold though.
Repeating my theory:

Port Vale made a statement on 14 Dec that they didn't anticipate that any forthcoming fixtures, inlcluding ours, would reach 10000 so they didn't have to put Covid certification measures in place.

So my guess is they want certainty they'll reach that figure before they have to stump up the extra costs.
 

Port Vale (A)

Repeating my theory:

Port Vale made a statement on 14 Dec that they didn't anticipate that any forthcoming fixtures, inlcluding ours, would reach 10000 so they didn't have to put Covid certification measures in place.

So my guess is they want certainty they'll reach that figure before they have to stump up the extra costs.
Repeating what PV told me, we can still have up to 4000 we only asked for 1000 (which I also just reconfirmed). We can have up to 4000 on sale or return.
 

Port Vale (A)

I’m on 4,400 , 1 my other mates on 4000 but rest are on 3890-3700 , so will have to wait.
 

Port Vale (A)

I see that we took 1444 to Stoke and that was midweek, and less will have been able to go to PV recently
 

Port Vale (A)

I’m on 4,400 , 1 my other mates on 4000 but rest are on 3890-3700 , so will have to wait.
I think it’s been said repeatedly on here.

Don’t do this.

Buy tickets when they become available and ask the ticket office to sort you out afterwards.

You may miss out unnecessarily otherwise.
 

Port Vale (A)

I think it’s been said repeatedly on here.

Don’t do this.

Buy tickets when they become available and ask the ticket office to sort you out afterwards.

You may miss out unnecessarily otherwise.
Good advice generally but for this game I think it pretty unlikely we’ll ultimately sell 4500!
 

Port Vale (A)

I think it’s been said repeatedly on here.

Don’t do this.

Buy tickets when they become available and ask the ticket office to sort you out afterwards.

You may miss out unnecessarily otherwise.
I’m not that bothered if I do miss out to be honest , would rather go with all my mates to this one than just two of us
 

Port Vale (A)

We haven’t yet taken up that allocation.
No but as it’s there to be taken, assuming it is safe to attend at all we can increase our take up. Why would the club stop selling below that level if there was clear demand?
 

Port Vale (A)

I think it’s been said repeatedly on here.

Don’t do this.

Buy tickets when they become available and ask the ticket office to sort you out afterwards.

You may miss out unnecessarily otherwise.
There is no way he’s not getting a ticket in the second tranche. There’s 4,500 to sell.
 

Port Vale (A)

No but as it’s there to be taken, assuming it is safe to attend at all we can increase our take up. Why would the club stop selling below that level if there was clear demand?
You’re probably right.

But then again, Christmas is not a cheap time of year, trains are not for sale yet, the COVID stuff is going on and now there is this stupid sales process that all might put people off bothering.

We might sell sub -1000 going into the new year. At that point would the club request the remaining allocation?

Doubtful IMO. Especially if there’s any chance of postponement or fans not being let in. They won’t want the headache of processing more refunds than they need to.
 

Port Vale (A)

You’re probably right.

But then again, Christmas is not a cheap time of year, trains are not for sale yet, the COVID stuff is going on and now there is this stupid sales process that all might put people off bothering.

We might sell sub -1000 going into the new year. At that point would the club request the remaining allocation?

Doubtful IMO. Especially if there’s any chance of postponement or fans not being let in. They won’t want the headache of processing more refunds than they need to.
At worst even if they don’t ask for more it will be possible to pay on the day so the club could make arrangements to recognise TAPs for such tickets on an exceptional basis.
 

Port Vale (A)

At worst even if they don’t ask for more it will be possible to pay on the day so the club could make arrangements to recognise TAPs for such tickets on an exceptional basis.

I think tickets will be hard sold for this one now with everything going on. The away stand at Vale Park is the away stand so I think you're right the club will just leave it to 'pay on the day' after the first batch of tickets.

However I doubt there'd be a way to recognise TAPs but at least this way fans won't be making arrangments for so early in the new year when we don't know if we'll have a match to see at this stage. The week of the game will be time enough to decide and there'll be plenty of room to pay on the day.
 

Port Vale (A)

I think tickets will be hard sold for this one now with everything going on. The away stand at Vale Park is the away stand so I think you're right the club will just leave it to 'pay on the day' after the first batch of tickets.

However I doubt there'd be a way to recognise TAPs but at least this way fans won't be making arrangments for so early in the new year when we don't know if we'll have a match to see at this stage. The week of the game will be time enough to decide and there'll be plenty of room to pay on the day.
50 TAPS = they will go like hot cakes. ☺️
 

Port Vale (A)

50 TAPS = they will go like hot cakes. ☺️

To be fair in the TAP world we now reside you're probably right with the first batch ?. However I've my doubts we'll ask for a second batch and will more likely leave Port Vale to arrange pay on the day.
 
Back
Top Bottom