Post match music

Brentford Bob

Well-known member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
12,471
Reaction score
5,196
Location
Chandlers Ford, Hants.

Post match music

Right. I've asked on Twitter and got no helpful responses...

What is the music that is sometimes played at the end of a game.... it was played after the defeat by Norwich and sound like a 90's dance thing? It's definitely NOT M People!

I've only heard it a couple of times before and tried Shazamming it on Saturday but it came up with something completely wrong. I can't pick out any lyrics but if you listen to the Beesotted post match podcast from the weekend, it's in the background right at the start.

I don't even like it particularly but it's doing my swede in, not knowing what it is......

All suggestions gratefully received.
 

Post match music

I heard this as well. PIle of gash.
 

Post match music

Music man is Shane Lee (also does Fulham of course). Pic available here:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shanelee147/


If you think that this guy looks similar then it may be worth tweeting to him:

https://twitter.com/Shane1ed2lee3

(note his timeline looks a bit different, so maybe he's using some other network/software that posts to his timeline - so not sure how active he is on Twitter per se.)
[EDIT: It's obviously not that Shane Lee on Twitter as that one is in the USofA]

Failing all that, if you email Kurt then I am certain he will have Shane's FFC email address

#fulhamifacation
 
Last edited:

Post match music

I was once considered and offered that gig as 'Music Controller' at GP. I politely declined.
 

Post match music

Remember those few sweet weeks several years back when they played 'Hurry up Harry' at the end of evening matches? Crushed by the forces of health and safety and PCness because of the reference to alcohol, an early sign of Fulhamfication and/or the dead hand of Brussels IMO.
 

Post match music

‘Celebration’ at GP. Best sound in the World. Means we have won!
 

Post match music

Movin on up - Primal Scream?

Could be this actually....I definitely hear this at GP sometimes. I think they alternate between this and the M People one based on the context of the loss.

Can't remember what we do for a draw....
 

Post match music

Could be this actually....I definitely hear this at GP sometimes. I think they alternate between this and the M People one based on the context of the loss.

Can't remember what we do for a draw....

It was not this.
 

Post match music

No - it's definitely not Primal Scream either.

The song sounded like it had plenty of "house" piano going on....

I got in touch with Shane Lee.....

"Hi Rob. Unfortunately i don't work for Brentford anymore. But we used to play Celebration by Kool & The Gang on the full-time whistle if Brentford won." :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

Post match music

Remember those few sweet weeks several years back when they played 'Hurry up Harry' at the end of evening matches? Crushed by the forces of health and safety and PCness because of the reference to alcohol, an early sign of Fulhamfication and/or the dead hand of Brussels IMO.

I requested that and was dead pleased when they played it as a real and upbeat message after a win and someone agree at the time and then the V lizard took over!
 

Post match music

We've also had Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay (Seeb Remix) a few times at the end of matches this season
 

Post match music

Ahh yes, I could tell straight away that it was Everything Everything. A pretty distinct voice.

Checking Beesotted's postmatch podcast was smart too!
 

Post match music

Ahh yes, I could tell straight away that it was Everything Everything. A pretty distinct voice.

Checking Beesotted's postmatch podcast was smart too!

Don't tell anyone, strictly between you and me, Brentford Bob is a secret agent for the Beesotted boys undercover in TITS close circle, anyone finds out me and him are in big kaka so keep it to yourself.
 

Post match music

Bring back The Way it is by Bruce Hornsby and the Range.
 

Post match music

I was once considered and offered that gig as 'Music Controller' at GP. I politely declined.

Shame.

Keith Loring also offered me a position as a steward. I politely declined that too.
 

Post match music

The Waterboys’ “Whole of the Moon” was the post-match lap of appreciation song on Sunday. It’s an ok song, especially the word “Brigadoon” but I hope this isn’t a regular replacement for the fun songs. Overall, no thank you, far too slow.
 

Post match music

The Waterboys’ “Whole of the Moon” was the post-match lap of appreciation song on Sunday. It’s an ok song, especially the word “Brigadoon” but I hope this isn’t a regular replacement for the fun songs. Overall, no thank you, far too slow.
I'd perfer Watcher of the Skies, or perhaps Afterglow.
 

Post match music

The Waterboys’ “Whole of the Moon” was the post-match lap of appreciation song on Sunday. It’s an ok song, especially the word “Brigadoon” but I hope this isn’t a regular replacement for the fun songs. Overall, no thank you, far too slow.
They played this again for the lap. Why no Wissa’s on Fire when he’d just scored the goal of the century?!
 

Post match music

That video they show just before k.o. - not the Bee Together one, the one after that - does anyone know if that’s taken from an actual musical song popular with young people please?
 

Post match music

Saving it for the wins I guess.
And rightly so!!

Even though we've not had much chance to indulge this season.................☹️
Would be great to get the chance at 2 games in quick succession v Man U and BHA.............:bounce:
 
Back
Top Bottom