Premier League Points

Mikey Bee

Not entirely serious
Joined
12 Apr 2000
Messages
5,614
Reaction score
6,154
Location
Ruislip

Premier League Points

Here are the numbers based on the last 26 seasons of the PL since it moved to its current format of 20 teams.

POSAVEHIGHLOW
18710075
2809768
3748365
4697960
5657556
6616955
7586453
8546146
9525946
10505944
11485544
12465242
13445040
14434838
15424738
16404536
17384434
18354228
19323926
20263411
 

Premier League Points

40 has to be the first target, once we've cleared that we can start looking at others, depending on when we reach that figure.
 

Premier League Points

38 games.

10 wins + 10 draws gets you the magic 40 points. That’s the minimum we need to aim for.

No pressure to finish any higher (although I’m sure we are capable and expect us to be top 14).
 

Premier League Points

38 games.

10 wins + 10 draws gets you the magic 40 points. That’s the minimum we need to aim for.

No pressure to finish any higher (although I’m sure we are capable and expect us to be top 14).
So you'd be happy be on 37 points in the run in? No chance, need to be aiming for much more.
 

Premier League Points

Maybe.

But I bet that was the first position we all checked out upon opening the thread.

Including you! ;)
I looked at fourth. I’m not even contemplating relegation this season.
 

Premier League Points

So you'd be happy be on 37 points in the run in? No chance, need to be aiming for much more.
No of course not, just highlighting the kind of results needed for the bare minimum of survival.
 

Premier League Points

I don't know how how well we can do, although my guess would be around 14th. That said I will be very happy if we clear 18th with a few games left. I don't want to take anything for granted.
 

Premier League Points

I think it’s great that the team and management have the confidence to aim higher and hope they’re right, however, if someone offered 17th for our first season I’d take it at the moment.
 

Premier League Points

Of course initially looked at 17th. But I have the a feeling the club is quietly confident of a finish somewhere as high as 14th.

6 teams I think we can finish above.

Newcastle.
Watford
Norwich
Burnley
Palace
Brighton.

Teams I think have potential to wobble...

Saints
Spurs
Wolves
Everton

Loads of Ifs and maybes.
 

Premier League Points

The gap is huge. Let's not go Bertie big bollox and forget that 2 of the 3 relegated teams bounced straight back. However IMO we are getting it spot on to recruit players who will run at the oppo and have the athleticism to do the basic stuff too. What we don't want is the dull carousel stuff that got us into a rut for a time last season . Josh gave us that element until we lost him through injury and we certainly missed his driving force. Let's see and l hope we can integrate the new players quickly.l'm more optimistic now having seen the incomings.
 

Premier League Points

Those 2 teams were probably suffering from Imposter Syndrome
 

Premier League Points

think we wil yo yo for a few years if parachute payments remain - big ask to competent this level.

Ok we beat a few lesser lights last season in cups but points is were it matters for everyone

It's easy to look like an eagle when the rest are ducks - championship

Big (good) fish in a small pond - championship

Looking at 40 points and they will be hard to come by - if Toney gets injured we are f***ed unless we sign another proven goal scorer ?
 

Premier League Points

Of course initially looked at 17th. But I have the a feeling the club is quietly confident of a finish somewhere as high as 14th.

6 teams I think we can finish above.

Newcastle.
Watford
Norwich
Burnley
Palace
Brighton.

Teams I think have potential to wobble...

Saints
Spurs
Wolves
Everton

Loads of Ifs and maybes.

Chelsea. Home too.

I promise you 60 pts is our target!. That is achievable.

Love ?

Marvelous007
 

Premier League Points

Stay up and hopefully with a few games to spare is the minimum requirement

Anywhere above 15th is a successful first season

Top half and open top bus ceremony through Chiswick and Putney

Top 6 and I’ll run through Chiswick and Putney in a hooped shirt with Banana on my shoulders
 

Premier League Points

I thought of 50 points (0ld habits die hard), looked at the table and thought that was too low.

I'm going to go 62 which will hopefully be enough
 

Premier League Points

Handicap match bet then. Bees to win PL on handicap with 43 pt head start over Citeh… 15/1 ?

I have always supported Brentford since I was a young kid.

But,

I remember year we lost to (Doncaster) then Yeovil in the playoffs. I went to big red ball and a speech was made that we would straight up next season. And we did (behind Wolves)

The other season, we lost to Fulham in the playoff final (lockdown). I was walking past TF on Chiswick High Rd (Clayton Hotel) that night after that match, he was serouisly down. As I told him, come on brentford we go again next year.

He just looked at me in the eyes and said "thank you!".

After that connection, I just knew we would go up next season.

We also have a spirit that is unmatched in this country (except perhaps Leicester).
 

Premier League Points

The other season, we lost to Fulham in the playoff final (lockdown). I was walking past TF on Chiswick High Rd (Clayton Hotel) that night after that match, he was serouisly down. As I told him, come on brentford we go again next year.
How funny… the last time we played Millwall away I bumped into him walking to the team bus. We had a brief chat and I said “top two next year, Thomas!”. He smiled and replied “No! Top one!”

Top, top man ?
 

Premier League Points

Based on the fact that IMO there is very little difference, quality wise, between the bottom 8 in the prem and the top 6 of the championship, Then I feel confident that we will finish somewhere between 12t.h and 17th.. IMO anything above 12th. would be fantastic.
 

Premier League Points

Guardian has us finishing 18th. Fair article, although didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know about - apart from a ‘stag’ joining Buzz Bee at a game some three years ago

 

Premier League Points

Guardian has us finishing 18th. Fair article, although didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know about - apart from a ‘stag’ joining Buzz Bee at a game some three years ago


Good article but relates nothing to their prediction of 18th
 

Premier League Points

think we wil yo yo for a few years if parachute payments remain - big ask to competent this level.

Ok we beat a few lesser lights last season in cups but points is were it matters for everyone

It's easy to look like an eagle when the rest are ducks - championship

Big (good) fish in a small pond - championship

Looking at 40 points and they will be hard to come by - if Toney gets injured we are f***ed unless we sign another proven goal scorer ?

set your sights far lower than MB :sorted:
 

Premier League Points

Yeah I guess that's why MB is a multi millionaire and I'm broke!
 

Premier League Points

As each game starts 0-0, technically we start the season with 38 points. So if we do not finish about 17th then MB has got to go :idea:
 

Premier League Points

As each game starts 0-0, technically we start the season with 38 points. So if we do not finish about 17th then MB has got to go :idea:

Erm……no games have started. So, technically, no points have been awarded. ?‍♂️
 

Premier League Points

we will comfortably finish above palace, newcastle, burnley, brighton, wolves, soton, watford and norwich....nailed on ;)

as long as toney plays uninjured for the majority of the season...if hes out for any long term stuff im more concerned.....hes that vital this season :)
 

Premier League Points

My biased and optimistic prediction has us finishing on 54 points, so 8th. Relies heavily on a solid home record. However average for promoted sides is 39 points and 15th, so we'd have to be absolutely crushing it to achieve that.

Apply a 25% realism tax drops us to 41 and 16th. I'd take that
 
Last edited:

Premier League Points

I think we should be good for 50 points which will easily be enough. Agree with Voice though Toney is key
 

Premier League Points

Anyone aiming for 17th needs to have another think. We’re here to thrive, not just “survive” and are in this league by right. Bring it on!
I'd bite your hand off for 17th right now

Thats not to say i think we couldnt finish higher but staying up is great for the club and also makes life easier for Lord Matthew of Benhamshire

Half these posts are insane, there is such a difference in the PL and our lack of creativity does worry me
 

Premier League Points

we will comfortably finish above palace, newcastle, burnley, brighton, wolves, soton, watford and norwich....nailed on ;)

as long as toney plays uninjured for the majority of the season...if hes out for any long term stuff im more concerned.....hes that vital this season :)
* Palace have bought a number of very good players
* Wolves we should compete with but equally they could be comfortably mid-table: Wolverhampton Wanderers: Premier League Season Preview 2021-22 | StatsBomb
* Burnley are an ageing squad who struggled last year. Definitely a rival.
* Brighton's underlying numbers were SO much better than how they finished. They should have scored about 10 goals more and conceded about 10 fewer goals and finished around 6th. They'd be extremely unlucky to be struggling again.
* Newcastle could struggle, especially is St Maximan gets injured and they don't get Willock back who contributed hugely to their stats
* Southampon could be surprise strugglers
* If we want to survive, we need to finish above Norwich and Watford.

Realistically, our peers in the relegation fight are Watford, Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton, I think.
 

Premier League Points

you think? I cant see us scoring two goals in a game that often and we wont score three more than 5 times all season in the league

IMO
 

Premier League Points

It does concern me as well...Canos probably won't be effective at this level IMO (he'll try, but not sure how often he'll get through). Ghoddos I don't expect to see much of. One more signing in these areas would make me more comfortable
 

Premier League Points

you think? I cant see us scoring two goals in a game that often and we wont score three more than 5 times all season in the league

IMO
Brighton scored 2 six times and 3 four times. As long as we’re not conceding too heavily (about 3 in every 2 games would do) it’s fine. If we average a goal a game that puts us above 5 of last season’s PL. Averaging a point a game pretty much keeps us up most seasons. Now, playing as if a draw’s a victory is a bit Burnleyish but I think taking a positive approach to get some narrow wins in, being solid enough to not concede more than once most games, keeping going to nick a late equaliser if we do concede and not getting too downhearted by the odd mauling to the top clubs sets us up to stay up.
 
Back
Top Bottom