Preston - MATCH OFF

Preston - MATCH OFF

its a damn shame:(.....was gonna be a right old beano too..........no cash back on advanced train tickets either :( our only hope is virgin are still fecked tomorrow and dont forget that if they run and are more than 45 mins late at their destination you can still get a refund ;) and theres no way on this planet that the 6pm train back will make it back to euston by 8.15pm (maybe SUNDAY at 8.15 lol lol)....it virtually follows the route of the snow all the way.....refundmungus hopefully ;)

the snow for our way arrives about 8pm and lasts till the early hours of sunday.......will be out sledging with the vftb juniors on sunday morning at runneymede hill.....theres always a plus side about this weather :) lol

good luck to senor logan and the others who are up in blackpool now.....im sure it will be a fun night still ;)
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

All i can do is rofl... what a joke.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

So what happens to the players today? Training? Day off?
I reckon they should all go on a team scouting mission. Either a group trip to see a Championship game and look at the level they should aspire to reach in the next 6-18 months or go off individually and have to report back key findings from other games. Is that all a bit too Graham Westley?
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Graham Westley making his mark on Preston:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one

With the captain losing the arm band and loan players thinking **** this I'm off, I think now is a good time to play PNE. He seems to have lost the dressing room already rather predictably. It will either take him time to bring in his own team or he'll be gone by the end of the season. Really think we could have done well today.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

So what happens to the players today? Training? Day off?
I reckon they should all go on a team scouting mission. Either a group trip to see a Championship game and look at the level they should aspire to reach in the next 6-18 months or go off individually and have to report back key findings from other games. Is that all a bit too Graham Westley?

They are training today at an indoor facility somewhere.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Seems quite mild here in a Travel lodge off the M6. You do wonder if it could have gone ahead.
Visiting Titanic exh instead,not quite what I had in mind for the weekend..especially as PNE seem to be a sinking ship at the moment.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

So what happens to the players today? Training? Day off?
I reckon they should all go on a team scouting mission. Either a group trip to see a Championship game and look at the level they should aspire to reach in the next 6-18 months or go off individually and have to report back key findings from other games. Is that all a bit too Graham Westley?

I think Alexander is looking to go to West Ham v Millwall.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

I think Alexander is looking to go to West Ham v Millwall.

Both ex clubs of his and one his boyhood team. What a game to see! Once was enough for me :box:
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Well, at least I've learnt from the Official Brentford website that it would have been Sam Saunder's 49th game for the Bees IF he HAD played. A piece of information that I will carry with me until my last breath.:rolleyes:
Party in Nottingham tonight .:bound: Come to think of it, the people there might have been a bit under impressed with me talking about a stunning Brentford victory:D
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

With the captain losing the arm band and loan players thinking **** this I'm off, I think now is a good time to play PNE. He seems to have lost the dressing room already rather predictably. It will either take him time to bring in his own team or he'll be gone by the end of the season. Really think we could have done well today.

Especially as they've signed a load of new players who will take a while to gel...
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Definitely should have gone ahead. Other local fixtures are still on (Including Saturday amateur league park games).

Been raining all morning, No sign of snow/sleet/ice anywhere.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Definitely should have gone ahead. Other local fixtures are still on (Including Saturday amateur league park games).

Been raining all morning, No sign of snow/sleet/ice anywhere.

:cry: That just makes me feel worse. :( Probably not going to be able to get the Tuesday night rescheduled match.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Definitely should have gone ahead. Other local fixtures are still on (Including Saturday amateur league park games).

Been raining all morning, No sign of snow/sleet/ice anywhere.

Sorry, must disagree, it has been sleeting here since before midday. The local temperature has not got above freezing since Wednesday and the pitch will not be any different from when it was inspected yesterday. Even if it had gone ahead it would have been a thoroughly miserable experience for all concerned.

The upstairs windows of my house have ice on the outside.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Definitely should have gone ahead. Other local fixtures are still on (Including Saturday amateur league park games).

Been raining all morning, No sign of snow/sleet/ice anywhere.

Agree been raining all morning here in Morecambe ground not hard temp 2c
Funny that Carlisle and Fleetwood are playing Morecambe game should have gone ahead I know one of the groundsman he said pitch was ok today at lunchtime but they didn't want daggers traveling night before for nothing!!
I wonder if any of the blackpool weekend crew went to Fleetwood v Tamworth
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Sorry, must disagree, it has been sleeting here since before midday. The local temperature has not got above freezing since Wednesday and the pitch will not be any different from when it was inspected yesterday. Even if it had gone ahead it would have been a thoroughly miserable experience for all concerned.

The upstairs windows of my house have ice on the outside.

I'm sorry but I live 200metres away from Deepdale (I presume you live in Chorley?) And have played for my Saturday team this morning on Moor park, which is a hell of a lot more open to the elements than Deepdale is, and without frost covers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the conditions today, There's been a steady flow of rain (not sleet) all day.

The ground is very soft under foot, and the overall conditions around Preston, are what you would expect for a WET and windy February.

As I said, I definitely should have been played.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

I'm sorry but I live 200metres away from Deepdale (I presume you live in Chorley?) And have played for my Saturday team this morning on Moor park, which is a hell of a lot more open to the elements than Deepdale is, and without frost covers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the conditions today, There's been a steady flow of rain (not sleet) all day.

The ground is very soft under foot, and the overall conditions around Preston, are what you would expect for a WET and windy February.

As I said, I definitely should have been played.

Ah, but even you highlighted one important thing... WET.
What happens to WET when it freezes?
When a game is called off, it doesnt just factor in the pitch - although that is the main aspect of it. They take into consideration the surrounding areas - will the conditions for paying spectators be good? Could accidents occur on the steps, concourses etc. How about OUTSIDE the stadium itself.
Was it not the Arsenal v Newcastle game called off last season - even WITH undersoil heating? The reason were put down to SAFETY in and around the stadium.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

I'm sorry but I live 200metres away from Deepdale (I presume you live in Chorley?) As I said, I definitely should have been played.

Clearly the 8 miles between us both makes a lot of difference. The temperature has only crept above freezing here in the last two hours.

Unlike Moor Park which is totally open, Deepdale has four stands and whilst although cold it was sunny yesterday but a lot of the pitch would have been in the shade - I don't suppose the goal mouth at the south end got any sun at all. Yesterday was the right time to take a decision to eliminate the risk of a repeat of the Accrington farce of a couple of years ago.
 
Last edited:

Preston - MATCH OFF

Having had the experience of Accrington I'm not going to complain.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Looking at our fixtures....if the game is on a Tuesday...the following dates might bee considered...March..13 or 27
April...17 or 24..or end of the season May 8th ..or Saturday...May 12...YOU REDS...:sorted:
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Having spent 10 hours driving back from Preston yesterday those Bees who hadn't already travelled up should be grateful for the postponment. Regardless of the state of the pitch the travelling conditions back would have been miserable for all. We stayed with friends in Preston and left at 5.30pm. Driving conditions were so awful all the way back that we finally arrived home in E1 at 3.45am :(
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Looking at our fixtures....if the game is on a Tuesday...the following dates might bee considered...March..13 or 27
April...17 or 24..or end of the season May 8th ..or Saturday...May 12...YOU REDS...:sorted:

May 1st would be good here
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Anyone know if the 1901 from preston to mk/euston was delayed enough to claim a refund?!
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

I came drove back today...only took just over 4hours :-)
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Stayed up in Blackpool for the weekend was very cold Friday then Saturday was the coldest I've ever been lol raining heavy a soon as it hit the floor it was ice but not sure what it was like in Preston!
However Fleetwoods match manage to go ahead and a few of the boys went to watch their match. Very impressive stadium by the sounds of it and decent match!
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Stayed up in Blackpool for the weekend was very cold Friday then Saturday was the coldest I've ever been lol raining heavy a soon as it hit the floor it was ice but not sure what it was like in Preston!
However Fleetwoods match manage to go ahead and a few of the boys went to watch their match. Very impressive stadium by the sounds of it and decent match!

can we have a match report from fleetwood then lol lol

and a report from the shenanigans of 2 days of refreshments from blackpool too mr logan ;) lol
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

The 17:58 was an hour and 15 minutes late for anyone looking to claim a refund.
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

Stayed up in Blackpool for the weekend was very cold Friday then Saturday was the coldest I've ever been lol raining heavy a soon as it hit the floor it was ice but not sure what it was like in Preston!
However Fleetwoods match manage to go ahead and a few of the boys went to watch their match. Very impressive stadium by the sounds of it and decent match!

Any good strikers playing......YOU REDS....
 

Preston - MATCH OFF

I didnt go but those who went said,
Fleetwood played some great football tippy tappy but over passed it.
Well worth the £12 entrance
About 11 Tamworth fans
The supporters bar was amazing, massive, had loads of tvs, overlooked the pitch so could watch the match from inside, wouldn't have known you were at Fleetwood I was told more like the Emirates stadium lol
Player sent off and instead of the crowd singing cheerio cheerio cheerio it was bye bye bye lol

Gutted I decided to watch the west ham v millwall game in a pub on the sea front in Blackpool :(
 
Back
Top Bottom