Reality Check

Three3D

Member
Joined
9 May 2022
Messages
396
Reaction score
297
Location
Isleworth

Reality Check

There come's a point in time where you just need to take a step back and actually condense what's been going on these last few years... decades....
Just look at that table.. it's almost surreal.. as if someone's just had some fun on Championship Manager...
Brentford Fulham Liverpool Everton Man Utd all in the mix .. world's gone mad no?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20221003_034137.jpg
    IMG_20221003_034137.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 110

Reality Check

There come's a point in time where you just need to take a step back and actually condense what's been going on these last few years... decades....
Just look at that table.. it's almost surreal.. as if someone's just had some fun on Championship Manager...
Brentford Fulham Liverpool Everton Man Utd all in the mix .. world's gone mad no?
3 points from 5th ?
3 points from 16th ?
?‍♂️???
 

Reality Check

Had we beaten Bournemouth we would have been up to 6th today. (I’m sure I’m not the only one who looks at the table and thinks ´if only’)
 

Reality Check

Bit boring though keeping in harping back to where we were 10 years ago etc

Not at all. Never forget where you have come from. It provides context and makes our journey extra special. To me every goal and every point in the PL is so much more precious because I witnessed 40 odd years of mediocrity and obscurity beforehand.

This won't last for ever. Savour every moment while you can.
 

Reality Check

Not at all. Never forget where you have come from. It provides context and makes our journey extra special. To me every goal and every point in the PL is so much more precious because I witnessed 40 odd years of mediocrity and obscurity beforehand.

This won't last for ever. Savour every moment while you can.
Agree with this, I dread the day we potentially have a fanbase who don't appreciate our history and are jumped up and over zealous, getting on their high horse.
 

Reality Check

There come's a point in time where you just need to take a step back and actually condense what's been going on these last few years... decades....
Just look at that table.. it's almost surreal.. as if someone's just had some fun on Championship Manager...
Brentford Fulham Liverpool Everton Man Utd all in the mix .. world's gone mad no?
:sick: We are the meat in a scouse sandwich
 

Reality Check

I must admit to being a bit of a YouTube addict and have recently been watching past clips of Final Score on BBC going back to our L1 and L2 days. OMG what a struggle it was in those days seeing us 1-0 down at Aldershot or Hartlepool and yet I still watched the vid printer to the end to see if we managed to grab an equaliser. Still never happened.
 

Reality Check

I don't think we need a reality check at the moment do we? We're still in the top half of the table. I'd understand wanting one if we were 19th or something, but we're still positioned well that our lofty position is pretty clear to all.
 

Reality Check

Bit boring though keeping in harping back to where we were 10 years ago etc
Tbf I did reflect on this thread and realise it was basically another "look how far we've come" post ..but nonetheless is it bad if we occasionally do remind ourselves of that?

Having had 20 years of going to crappy non-descript places to now be in the top tier mingling with the best, and our closest nearest rival thrown in to the mix.. You can't take that for granted...

Whilst I'm confident we are here to stay for a little while at least, there's no guaranteeing we won't ever find ourselves back to where we used to be, if there was a sudden change of fortune, ownership whatever...
 
Back
Top Bottom