Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Having watched highlights: https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/status/1042368062836629504

3 errors from last night:

@1:04 clear contact for Maupay's supposed 'dive'........
@1:44 Where is the Yellow card for Ipswich player preventing DB from releasing the ball.......
@2:51 should have been a penalty for foul on Said after he's passed the ball...........

Here's your evidence to explain why it's so hard to get away wins @heavywoollenbee..........
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Maupay went down too easily. Could’ve stayed on his feet imo and slotted the ball away...... :(
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Woeful. And his two assistants.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Difficult game to referee given Reading’s approach. Feel like he got most of the main decisions right despite also thinking he was a complete cock. Strange.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Difficult game to referee given Reading’s approach. Feel like he got most of the main decisions right despite also thinking he was a complete cock. Strange.

Cannot take control of a game. The free-kick debacle was down to him being unable to move Reading players away from the kick in time. Wasn't a sending off either. Three home games running where we've had poor officials.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Cannot take control of a game. The free-kick debacle was down to him being unable to move Reading players away from the kick in time. Wasn't a sending off either. Three home games running where we've had poor officials.

The freekick was a farce but difficult when Reading do what they want, should he have booked 7-10 of their players at that incident? Maybe. It was a sending off, Said was very naive and didn’t need to make the foul.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

.............very poor ................
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

.............very poor ................

A measured and mature response. Not something we usually see on here.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

If you ever wanted to see how a side can mug a referee that was it - blatant time wasting that probably wasted over 14 minutes in 2nd half that resulted in 10 being added & not 1 player booked for time-wasting.

Absolute joke ably assisted by 2 incompetent linesman.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Never had control, 5minutes yo take a free kick is a joke! Then what followed was down to him not taking control. Some things he gave he shouldn’t have and some worse went unnoticed.
Had that Lino our side before, he was crap then too.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

If you ever wanted to see how a side can mug a referee that was it - blatant time wasting that probably wasted over 14 minutes in 2nd half that resulted in 10 being added & not 1 player booked for time-wasting.

Absolute joke ably assisted by 2 incompetent linesman.

Definitely more than 10 minutes wasted, but came back to bite them on the ass though. That Miete kept going down. Pathetic
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Tough game to ref I agree but you couldn't imagine Mike Dean standing for some of the stuff Reading got up to. Refs really have to stamp down on this preventing us taking quick free kicks which happens very week now and leads to a lot of the nonsense that follows, I thought it was a booking if you stood in the way of a quick free kick that has been acknowledged as OK by the ref.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

17 fouls for Reading and 1 booking same fouls for us and 6 . Doesn’t add up somehow, refereeing a game like that isn’t easy but a couple of yellows in first half when they seemed able to foul with impunity and get away with it. Every time we jump for a header Reading player barges in and no foul first time we do it’s a free kick. Obviously refs aren’t biased just not consistent.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I had a long chat with the referee's assessor Phil Crossley and his mentor - Gary Willard before the game and they thought he was an excellent unobtrusive calm ref.

I wonder what they felt afterwards.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I can handle refs making mistakes or not seeing incidents but there is no excuse for not taking control of a game, which is what happened today (and in other home games this season). Award a fee kick, get the wall back 10 yards, clamp down on any tussling in the wall and get the game going again. It should be simple but refs don't seem to be able to do it!
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I reckon the lino on the Braemar Rd side should retire if he watches his performance back which didn't help the ref.

1st half each time a reading player went down he yelled out as if he had been badly hurt linesman fell for it, 2nd half he waves up for offside against Maupey (when he hit the post) yet the keeper and 2 defenders on the goal line

only one word for the officials Pathetic
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

He let them kill the game. I don't care about 10 minutes extra time, if you let a side break up the game, you've played into their hands. A strong referee would have known what was going on and stopped it.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Entirely down to the biscuitmen and the ref as to how the match developed as it did. 1st half was not 'dirty' and players were in control of themselves. Only at the 5 minutes free kick did the players let themselves down. Ref failed to take action against the player winding up Said whilst the wall shenanigans was going on.

However, despite the time wasting and theatricals, they had only one booked against our five or six (lost count!). Reading were either cheating or don't have a good fitness coach. I know which one I believe!
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I reckon the lino on the Braemar Rd side should retire if he watches his performance back which didn't help the ref.

1st half each time a reading player went down he yelled out as if he had been badly hurt linesman fell for it, 2nd half he waves up for offside against Maupey (when he hit the post) yet the keeper and 2 defenders on the goal line

only one word for the officials Pathetic

The feckin useless tw@ on the new road side has hopefully been returned to the care home this evening. He even made me feel young. I cannot honestly recall a worse performance by a ref and I use the the word in it’s true sense, in all the years I have watched the game. Inept, pathetic, biased. A bloody disgrace. One team was trying to play football, while Reading cheated, time wasted, niggled and used every trick in the book to stop us playing aided by the officials.
How week in week out do these useless bastards continue to get a match fee?
Angry? You betcha!
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I never liked Mike Dean but you saw on Wednesday that he reffed the game with authority and control, we have had 3 or 4 refs this season that have failed to control the game.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

We’ve had some dreadful officials at GP over the years but today they completely lost the plot.
The amount of time it took to take that free kick second half could have been avoided had the ref shown a yellow card or two and how the hell they only got one yellow I’ll never know!!
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Disgraceful doesn't even come close! That's Forest and now Reading who have turned up at GP and basically let the ref know that they're in charge!


:banghead: :banghead:
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I would hope the club would file a complaint about him. Absolute tw*t of the highest order.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I would hope the club would file a complaint about him. Absolute tw*t of the highest order.

...especially as we"ll get fined for 6 bookings.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Poor performance, if he had shown some bottle from the beginning by giving yellow cards where appropriate, and that probably includes Mepham plus Maupay and the Reading player throwing each other to the ground in the first half then none of the latter shenanigans would have occurred.

Some of the more robust (!!!) tackles from Reading players would have been penalised and we could have got on with a competitive match. instead we ended up with the ludicrous free kick which just required him to book the guy who was delaying everything. Josh got thumped and then booked for presumably questioning the referees antecedents!!!!

Possibly one of the most inept performances seen at GP and not helped by his officials. Not expecting every foul to elicit a card but equally I would expect the referee to control the game rather than one set of players.

I fully appreciate that we are no angels but in fairness it was his lack of control that contributed to our frustrations and no doubt yet another fine from tne FA !!!
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Josh pushed the player who was preventing us taking a quick free kick and was messing about with the ball. I thought at the time he will get a card for that as it all kicked off after that. I don’t blame Josh for doing it as they were playing this annoying tactic all game but it showed how poor the officials were to control the game and deal with the real perpetrators and protect the one team trying to play football.

5/6 minutes to take a free kick is unbelievable and something I have never seen before.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

The referee allowed Reading players to delay kicks from the beginning of the game, Smith said that he spoke to the fourth official in the early minutes, so he clearly had no intention of doing anything about it. By the time 'that' free kick was awarded, the Reading players knew they could stand in front of the ball with impunity – and did, one in front and one to the side. The referee should have marked the kick position and immediately walked to mark the wall, instead he fannied about. IF he had prevented delaying tactics earlier, IF he had booked their player for a clearly deliberate foul, IF he had just got on with the free kick process, none of that would have happened. McEachran would not have pushed their player and, even if he did, the rest of their team would not have got involved.

It was one of the weirdest refereeing performances I've seen, clearly ignoring Reading's destroy and delay tactics for the entire match.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Do the club have the power to do anything about this. I never want to watch a game involving those three clowns gain.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

The Lino on the Braemar road side flagged for three perfectly timed tackles in a row in the first half, one which should have been a goal kick, yet no one got up out of their seats to give him some verbals that I could see. Incompetent officiating of the highest order. If we aren't going to be allowed to play our game with adequate protection from the officials then football is heading for a dark place and I for one will be packing in my 200 mile round trip.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

The Lino on the Braemar road side flagged for three perfectly timed tackles in a row in the first half, one which should have been a goal kick, yet no one got up out of their seats to give him some verbals that I could see. Incompetent officiating of the highest order. If we aren't going to be allowed to play our game with adequate protection from the officials then football is heading for a dark place and I for one will be packing in my 200 mile round trip.

Same as you mate 200 round trip, and then you get to see these inept smug bastards. It;s no wonder that English based officials do not get selected for World cup , and Euro;s because they are in no way good enough, the Ref allowed us a free kick, a reading Player made no attempt to move ten yards back despite being asked to do so. Did he forget his can of white line? that incident took forever, and I think Josh came out of it with a booking, his fault or not the ref could have prevented it.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Do the club have the power to do anything about this. I never want to watch a game involving those three clowns gain.

I actually walked out 20 mins before the end, I couldn't watch those 3 pricks any longer.
I don't recall ever leaving a game early before
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I am sure Benrahma was fouled before Reading broke and then got the free kick that lead to the second. Although the ref tried to play advantage so appeared to miss some things he was still very inocmpetent.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

What can we do to complain about these idiots that ruin games we have pay to watch??????
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Anyone know what the ruling is on ‘tactical team fouling’? Not there yesterday, but sounds very similar to previous games where a team consciously decide to ‘take turns’ in committing fouls so that they don’t pick up yellows. (Forest recently, M’Boro Play Off game a few seasons back).
I thought there might be a law that allows the ref to book a player even if it’s his first offence, if the team have been persistently committing fouls? A bit like they can in basketball I think?.......
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

The Lino on the Braemar road side flagged for three perfectly timed tackles in a row in the first half, one which should have been a goal kick, yet no one got up out of their seats to give him some verbals that I could see. Incompetent officiating of the highest order. If we aren't going to be allowed to play our game with adequate protection from the officials then football is heading for a dark place and I for one will be packing in my 200 mile round trip.

There were several that got out of their seats. Should have been more though. Might have not tried it again.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Anyone know what the ruling is on ‘tactical team fouling’? Not there yesterday, but sounds very similar to previous games where a team consciously decide to ‘take turns’ in committing fouls so that they don’t pick up yellows. (Forest recently, M’Boro Play Off game a few seasons back).
I thought there might be a law that allows the ref to book a player even if it’s his first offence, if the team have been persistently committing fouls? A bit like they can in basketball I think?.......

Yes, but even if that were to happen, then the foul would actually have to be given in the first place and somehow in the fantasy world of Mr. Eltringham the foul count for both sides was level yesterday.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

The feckin useless tw@ on the new road side has hopefully been returned to the care home this evening. He even made me feel young. I cannot honestly recall a worse performance by a ref and I use the the word in it’s true sense, in all the years I have watched the game. Inept, pathetic, biased. A bloody disgrace. One team was trying to play football, while Reading cheated, time wasted, niggled and used every trick in the book to stop us playing aided by the officials.
How week in week out do these useless bastards continue to get a match fee?
Angry? You betcha!

That New Road lino must have seen the blatant and deliberate arm into the face of Barbet, as he was less than 5 yards away from the incident - but he chose not to raise his flag.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

That New Road lino must have seen the blatant and deliberate arm into the face of Barbet, as he was less than 5 yards away from the incident - but he chose not to raise his flag.

Yep, Barbet gave the lino a piece of his mind too. We’ve had him last season our side, was useless then as well.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

There were 17 fouls. according to the BBC, for each side, but one got all but one card. This utterly proves the complete incompetence of the so called referee. Respect, why????? The FA should be ashamed of themselves but of course they don't really give a damn. Agghhhh....
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Just a thought about the 10 mins added- right 6 substitutions for which I understand 30 seconds is allowed that's 3 minutes plus lets say 5 mins for the "freekick" fiasco

That makes 8 minutes and completely lost track of the times the Trainer came on at a conservative guess 5 times so say 1 minute each we should have played at least 13/14 minutes added time
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Just a thought about the 10 mins added- right 6 substitutions for which I understand 30 seconds is allowed that's 3 minutes plus lets say 5 mins for the "freekick" fiasco

That makes 8 minutes and completely lost track of the times the Trainer came on at a conservative guess 5 times so say 1 minute each we should have played at least 13/14 minutes added time

We didn't even play 10 - he stopped at about 9.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

Anyone know what the ruling is on ‘tactical team fouling’? Not there yesterday, but sounds very similar to previous games where a team consciously decide to ‘take turns’ in committing fouls so that they don’t pick up yellows. (Forest recently, M’Boro Play Off game a few seasons back).
I thought there might be a law that allows the ref to book a player even if it’s his first offence, if the team have been persistently committing fouls? A bit like they can in basketball I think?.......

Is this the conspiracy theory law? ;) lol
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I reckon Deano should start start making some Alex Ferguson like comments in his pre-match press conferences. Start getting into the refs heads prior to games about the lack of protection we are seeing in recent games etc etc. Has to be worth a try otherwise I can see this pattern continuing all season.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

I'm not sure it's 'lack of protection' but the gamesmanship to disrupt our style of play. I don't know how you'd express that in a way that gets through to referees. This season, without the deep holding midfield staging of the ball, we move the ball a lot quicker and with considerable fluidity. Opposition players can break that up without dangerous tackles but with little, niggly obstructions and tugs; a referee who keeps giving free kicks is actually exactly what the opposition wants. What the referee can do is be firm early on with deliberate preventing of quick free kicks, though. Reading did that all game and the referee chose to ignore it all game.
 

Referee Watch 2018 /2019

It seems to me that unless they produce an unbelievable cock up in front of the cameras (Keith Stroud penalty fiasco at Newcastle) nothing ever happens to them no matter how incompetent they are. What are the Assessors there for if they are going to be given a game the following week regardless of how bad they have performed. As Maupay is our only goalscorer at the moment you can bet he is going to pick up an injury sooner rather than later and he would have got no protection from the officials. I know he can look after himself, but he will be targeted big time by the opposition. We are no longer under the radar and all teams will be looking to disrupt our style of play at the cost of their own football. The day Brentford decide to use the same tactics will be the day I pack it in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom