Rotherham v Bees

GABS

Well-known member
Joined
17 Apr 2000
Messages
13,686
Reaction score
12,477

Rotherham v Bees

Don't think there is a thread yet. Time to get back to the important stuff and forget the warm up cup game.

This is far from an easy game but likewise one of the few aways this season we should be really targeting all 3 points.

From my first look at Jota last night he deserves to play a large part in the game. He always has an incisive pass or move at the ready, lovely to watch.

With other midfield players coming back into the team though not sure he'll get 90 mins.

Will the away end keep it respectful and not mention the Rotherham headline news of the last 24 hours? Could be interesting!
 

Rotherham v Bees

Will the away end keep it respectful and not mention the Rotherham headline news of the last 24 hours? Could be interesting!

Wishful thinking mate.

You know it's going to happen.
 

Rotherham v Bees

there are still tickets available on the day aren't there?

I think there is a ticket office by the away end for on the day purchases.
 

Rotherham v Bees

For gods sake don't let anyone look after your kids there!
 

Rotherham v Bees

Wishful thinking mate.

You know it's going to happen.

I hope our supporters will be above all that.
It would not be a good reflection on our club.
Best to use the vocal energy on roaring our team on...
 

Rotherham v Bees

Agreed, let's be above that. Focus your attention in Evans if you want a focal point.
 

Rotherham v Bees

If we're going to pick on anyone, it's got to be the local authority and our old friends South Yorkshire's finest plod. Funny handshakes all round!
 

Rotherham v Bees

I'm sure the vast majority will understand how desperate a situation those poor kids found themselves in and wouldn't even consider any moronic chanting - however, like all clubs, we will have a small minority of imbeciles present and i think it's a forlorn hope that once emboldened by a couple of shandies they'll miss the opportunity presented to them.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Given that they thoroughly worked us out last season and have since strengthened, if we avoid defeat we will have done well.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Given that they thoroughly worked us out last season and have since strengthened, if we avoid defeat we will have done well.

They will miss Agard, anyone mentioning the sex scandal will be a touch sad.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Given that they thoroughly worked us out last season and have since strengthened, if we avoid defeat we will have done well.

Good luck with them "working us out"most of us ain't got a clue what our starting line up will be perm 11 from 18
 

Rotherham v Bees

Excited by this one. As other posters have said, Rotherham worked us out and over well and truly back in March, so with the Three Amigos having some game time and Hogan on the mend this should give us a good idea of where our 'First XI' stands. Pritch, Jota, Moses, Judgey and Gray should scare the hell out of them....
 

Rotherham v Bees

Very keen for us not to concede first in this one. Although we've not conceded more than once per game so far in the league this season, and Rotherham have only managed 2 goals in 4 games so far.

Almost tempted that we go 4-4-2 for this one - I think NP and AG/SH would work well together up top, with the latter being able to play wide as well if needed - with the full backs bombing on. I'd go:

-----------Button-----------
MO - JT --------- TC - JB
-------------JD-------------
J/SD-------AP----------AJ
--------NP--AG/SH-------

With J/SD and AJ tucking in when MO and JB are attacking, and JD dropping deep to make it three at the back. the more attacking midfield (three) players all have the capacity to perform general central midfield duties and could easily move central/deeper to cover for one another depending on where the ball is and which team has possession. Rotherham were playing three at the back at points last season, does anyone know if they're still doing so?

I know we've set up as a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 or whatever over the past two years and have bought players to suit that specific system, but we're not exactly banging them in at present and have looked a little naive going forwards, and I'd like to think MW has the tactical flexibility to get a result. Happy to continue backing him under the current 4-1-4-1 current system, as it's an attractive style, and I imagine the whole team and staff are currently aiming for more end product.
 

Rotherham v Bees

They will miss Agard, anyone mentioning the sex scandal will be a touch sad.

Anyone thinking of chanting something stupid should just stop for a moment and think about the pain the victims are undoubtedly still suffering. "Sad" doesn't even begin to describe how I would feel about such repugnant behaviour. "Sick" or "Cruel" might be more apt.

I would like to echo the remarks elsewhere on this thread and ask everyone to behave respectfully.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Big and strong - they will kick us to death - them 3 us 0
 

Rotherham v Bees

He was excellent last time he was at GP, can't remember who it was against though?

Last game I remember him doing was the Swindon home game in 2012/13. I was so stressed out and eventually overwhelmed by that game, I didn't notice him that much
 

Rotherham v Bees

---------------------------Button------------------------

McCormack------Tarkowski-----Craig------Bidwell

-------------Toral------Douglas-----Pritchard--------

------------Gray-------Hogan-------Judge------------

Bonham
Dean
Tebar
Jota
Dallas
Odubajo
Proschwitz
 

Rotherham v Bees

------------------------- Button -------------------------

McCormack ----- Tarkowski ----- Craig ----- Bidwell

------------ Jota ----- Douglas ----- Pritchard --------

----- Moses --------------------------------- Judge -----

--------------------------- Gray ---------------------------


... but then, there's always a dartboard :eek:
 

Rotherham v Bees

Would definitely play Odubajo personally. Whether that's for McCormack or further up the field I'm not fussed. Think he's done easily enough in the past couple of games to earn it.
As for JT/TC/HD - it's a tough one. Harlee has been excellent these last two games too.
No idea who I'd choose for the mid/attack mix. Pritchard (assuming fit etc) would always be in for me, though I'd like us to make more use of him on the edge of the box, as with his ability to beat anyone and a decent strike, we should get the ball to him there more and exploit that. I think all our strikers have yet to do enough to nail down a starting spot yet - looking forward to seeing Hogan though when fully fit.
 

Rotherham v Bees

------------------------- Button -------------------------

McCormack ----- Tarkowski ----- Craig ----- Bidwell

------------ Jota ----- Douglas ----- Pritchard --------

----- Moses --------------------------------- Judge -----

--------------------------- Gray ---------------------------


... but then, there's always a dartboard :eek:

I would go with this team but I would bring MAC into Central Midfield and move MOSES to RB.

I also reckon HOGAN will get at least 30 mins from the bench.
 

Rotherham v Bees

I would go with this team but I would bring MAC into Central Midfield and move MOSES to RB.

I also reckon HOGAN will get at least 30 mins from the bench.

Mac instead of who mate , out of interest
 

Rotherham v Bees

Selection permutation headache...ouch!
 

Rotherham v Bees

I tried to join in and pick a team like the rest of you and my brain definitely started to hurt trying to decide between all our attacking midfielders!

I kind of agree with some of the previous chaps and therefore came up with a possibly bizarre:

-------------------------- Button ------------------------------
----- Odubajo ----- Tarkowski ----- Craig ----- Bidwell---
---------------- McCormack --- Douglas --------------------
----- Jota ------------- Pritchard ------------- Judge -------
--------------------------- Gray --------------------------------
 

Rotherham v Bees

On recent form I'd want Dallas in there somewhere, maybe from the bench but certainly involved for an extended period.
 

Rotherham v Bees

I hope our supporters will be above all that.
It would not be a good reflection on our club.
Best to use the vocal energy on roaring our team on...
Totally agree, but unfortunately it's inevitable.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Well, that's my take on it. Dean to keep his place, Dallas in to start... with Odubajo replacing him against Rotherham's tired legs. Hogan to get a run out too :sorted:

------------------------- Button -------------------------
McCormack ----- Tarkowski ----- Dean ----- Bidwell
------------ Jota ----- Douglas ----- Pritchard --------
----- Dallas ----------------------------------- Judge -----
--------------------------- Gray ---------------------------
 

Rotherham v Bees

On recent form I'd want Dallas in there somewhere, maybe from the bench but certainly involved for an extended period.

Yeah I felt a bit bad not having him in there. Same for Harlee who has been excellent when he played etc. Then when Hogan's fit another dilemma up top!
I know you need a squad etc. But the sooner we plump for team where the midfield/attack gets a bit of time to gel the better. McCormack in mid was a bit of a gamble - but wanted some ball winning steel - if there's a better option for that - so be it. Could Dallas do that maybe?
 

Rotherham v Bees

I don't think Mac's a Championship quality midfielder.

We won't know Untill we try him there but you could be right.I don't think he is good enough at RB for this division and always thought he would replace JD in mid field but the way he's playing that's not going to hapen
 

Rotherham v Bees

Good luck with them "working us out"most of us ain't got a clue what our starting line up will be perm 11 from 18

Our general shape and style of play are largely the same as last season even if the players are different.
 

Rotherham v Bees

I know it's been mentioned and shot down on here before but I think going 3-5-2 would be a decent option:

----------------Button--------------------
---------Tarks-Dean-Craig--------------
--Moses--------Dougie-------Bidwell--
-----------Judge----Pritchard----------
-----------Gray------Hogan------------
 

Rotherham v Bees

However we line up I'm really looking forward to the game and my first trip to the NYS :) COYR.
 

Rotherham v Bees

I know it's been mentioned and shot down on here before but I think going 3-5-2 would be a decent option:

----------------Button--------------------
---------Tarks-Dean-Craig--------------
--Moses--------Dougie-------Bidwell--
-----------Judge----Pritchard----------
-----------Gray------Hogan------------

Not stupid at all as an idea for the future, IMHO, given that we have the likes of Jake, Moses and Judgey who all could do the wingback piece, but would worry about pace in the '3' and thus their ability to cover the flanks... maybe Daniel O'Shaughnessy in the future? There's a good article in the Telegraph today by Tony Adams explaining the difference between the 'attacking' England 3-5-2 under Venables vs. a 'defensive' 3-5-2 under Hoddle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-for-Louis-van-Gaal-at-Manchester-United.html
 

Rotherham v Bees

Not sure if Rovram are the same physical side as last season. If they are then Dean could keep his place in the back four with Tarkowski, Bidwell, and Mac. Douglas, Pritchard, and Judge with Jota in midfield and Odubajo in the Donaldson role with Gray up front. Bit hard on Dallas who has started the season well and to play all three spaniards would be suicide. Tight game with first goal winning it.
 

Rotherham v Bees

We won't know Untill we try him there but you could be right.I don't think he is good enough at RB for this division and always thought he would replace JD in mid field but the way he's playing that's not going to hapen

Replace Dougie, are you kidding ?.....Warbs really rates JD and he's the first name on the teamsheet .................
 

Rotherham v Bees

I think Jake Bidwell is the first name on the teamsheet...
 

Rotherham v Bees

------------------------- Button -------------------------

Moses ------- Tarkowski ----- Craig ----- Bidwell

------------ Jota ----- Douglas ----- Pritchard --------

----- Gray ------------------------------------ Dallas -----

--------------------------- Hogan ---------------------------


Bonham, Harlee, McCormack, Tebar, Judge, Smith, Prowschitz


Suspect it might be a bit soon for Hogan. If so, would start with Gray upfront with Dallas on the right and Judge on the left.
 

Rotherham v Bees

-----------------Button------------------

Macca--------Tarky-----Craig------Bidwell

---Pritchard-----Douglas-----------Judge

Moses-------------Hogan--------------Gray

Bonham
Dean
Jota
Tebar
Dallas
Toral
Proswitch
 

Rotherham v Bees

Button
McCormack
Bidwell
Craig
Tarky
Douglas
Pritchard
Judge
Odubajo
Jota
Hogan

Subs: Lee,Gray,Proschwitz,Toral,Tebar,Dean,Dallas.
 

Rotherham v Bees

I don't think Mac's a Championship quality midfielder.

I think Mac and Douglas as two holding defensive midfielder could prove a great weapon at stifling and frustrating the opposition especially away from home.
 

Rotherham v Bees

Button
Tarkowsi Dean Craig
Moses McCormack Douglas Bidwell
Pritchard Hogan Dallas

Subs Bonham Judge Jota Toral Tebar Gray Nick
 

Rotherham v Bees

I think Mac and Douglas as two holding defensive midfielder could prove a great weapon at stifling and frustrating the opposition especially away from home.


Not in the Championship they won't :nono:
 
Back
Top Bottom