Rowan Vine

Nada Bee

Well-known member
Joined
10 Aug 2001
Messages
21,425
Reaction score
4,711
Location
Catford

Rowan Vine

has just scored a hattrick against Coventry. 3-1 Colchester.

Well done him

:) :wave:
 

Rowan Vine

Not doing badly is he. Git. Players these days, it's all money money money! :mad1:
 

Rowan Vine

aha, just noticed this.... bad bad viney :nono:
 

Rowan Vine

Looks like he's getting service from the midfield.

:)
 

Rowan Vine

Not really, he's hardly been prolific this season. I never rated him anyway. They do have Kemal Izzet in midfield though, and I wouldn't say no to seeing him at GP :eek:
 

Rowan Vine

Because Colchester offered him more money, as simple as that. But The H is right - loads of people thought he was lazy and not good enough.
 

Rowan Vine

nocoat said:
aha, just noticed this.... bad bad viney :nono:

At least you posted under your own log in!!! :nono: bad bad davy
 

Rowan Vine

Probably more money, although I think the 'experience' Vine got last year was one he wasn't keen to repeat...

Still, good thing - he was rubbish, after all, wasn't he :rolleyes:

Still, now we've got Tommy Wright for everyone to moan about when he doesn't score a hat-trick from one chance every week.
 

Rowan Vine

he played on the wing against us at Layer Rd.......:idea: and he scored that day too :(
 

Rowan Vine

As has been said before if I were offered more money to do the same job as I do now I'd be off like a shot. He was only ever a loan player at GP anyhow so good luck to him.
 

Rowan Vine

The H said:
surely Colchester are taking up Portsmouth's contract, so how can he be on more money? :confused:
Er, by saying to him, "in addition to your wages from Portsmouth, we'll give you £100 (or whatever) a game." It's not hard.
 

Rowan Vine

Come on H, reckon Casual might have worked that one out, although on second thoughts?????????
 

Rowan Vine

He was offered a much better package of bonuses aswell if my memory serves me right (and more chance of earning them in a team that wins more games :rolleyes: )
 

Rowan Vine

I heard he wanted to stay at GP but the money on offer at Colchester was very good, **** knows how they pay him what they do. He was good for us, just not fully developed player, basically like Tommy Wright not what we need at Brentford. The exception to this was Ben Burgess though he had a season over in Australia playing football so was more experienced, very good lower league striker is BBB.
 

Rowan Vine

CJC said:
I heard he wanted to stay at GP but the money on offer at Colchester was very good, **** knows how they pay him what they do. He was good for us, just not fully developed player, basically like Tommy Wright not what we need at Brentford. The exception to this was Ben Burgess though he had a season over in Australia playing football so was more experienced, very good lower league striker is BBB.

I doubt whether any of them will make the grade at the top level though
 

Rowan Vine

I saw his brief interview last night on MOTD. He didn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box (a bit ironic given his hat-trick).
 

Rowan Vine

Supes42 said:
I saw his brief interview last night on MOTD. He didn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box (a bit ironic given his hat-trick).

His brother's in jail
 

Rowan Vine

BenMoses said:
His brother's in jail
Yes, I heard him say that he was dedicating the hat-trick to his brother in jail, whom he hadn't seen for some time, and I wondered what his excuse was for not seeing him.... I would have thought that being a pro footballer left you enough time for the odd visit (unless visiting time is Saturday afternoon, of course)
 

Rowan Vine

Brain-dead Bee said:
Yes, I heard him say that he was dedicating the hat-trick to his brother in jail, whom he hadn't seen for some time, and I wondered what his excuse was for not seeing him.... I would have thought that being a pro footballer left you enough time for the odd visit (unless visiting time is Saturday afternoon, of course)

Has Vine been playing that regularly? he must have had some time off :D
 

Rowan Vine

What did he look like last night on MOTD? Did he realise he'd be national telly looking like such a complete and utter muppet?

He's lucky he's good at footy, because otherwise it looks like he'd be spending some quality time with his errant sibling at Her Majesty's pleasure.
 

Rowan Vine

BenMoses said:
He also has a six month old kid, how could he manage that?

Well you see when a boy and a girl love each other they do this special hug.

And then 9 months later, a baby is born.
 

Rowan Vine

I doubt whether any of them will make the grade at the top level though

I agree with you, none are up to Premiership standard, hence they were loaned to ourselves :D
 

Rowan Vine

Can't say i'm that suprised interesting that he says our results started to drop and I found myself out of favour or something like that. As whilst he was here I thought of him as brillant when things are going well but increadibly lazy and infuriating when he couldn't be bothered/results were sh*te.
 

Rowan Vine

W13 Bee said:

So he stays until the season ends, but has signed a new two year deal with Portsmouth. Presume they are preparing for div 1 footy next season. All their bigger earners are on short deals and so Vine would possibly get his chance if they were relegated.
 

Rowan Vine

In the East Anglian Daily Times today, Parkinson was talking about letting go of Vine, since McGleish has returned from injury.

Hopefully McGleish won't be fit enough for Monday though.
 

Rowan Vine

Just told my Luton mate to keep him for the 3 months and then send him back. :D
 

Rowan Vine

Strange going to Luton for more ways than one!!

Great goal 2 seasons back away at luton, i remember me and gabs meeting up for beers early in the john bull at chiswick high road to get the silverlink north for the match. we thought we were going to get a hiding that day!

good away day.

i thought vine got more abuse than he deserved actually, 13 odd goals in his first full season wasnt a bad return for the defender turned forward.
 

Rowan Vine

3 Down - 21 clubs to go

Will he be the 1st player to be on loan to EVERY club in a division ??

And when will he realise Portsmouth DONT want him ??
 
Back
Top Bottom