Roy Syla (Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Syla (Released)

Pretty sure he has been playing for us as a trialist this season anyway
 

Roy Syla (Released)

Where's he been and why is he back ?
There's no evidence he's been on trial anywhere (there was reported interest from AFC Wimbledon and Stevenage) and while I don't know what this means for his career, but can imagine his role here is more centred around being the older head to help bring along this very young squad, without any focus on him making the first team. If Ben Winterbottom was a "training goalkeeper" at Liverpool, Syla is a "training midfielder" for Brentford B.
 

Roy Syla (Released)

............surprise surprise..............
Came as a surprise to me particularly as I didn’t even know he arrived and left us previously…

Has he a attitude?

recovering from injury?

a dickhead??

likely to ever play first team football? (I really would a appreciate a likehood rating on all B team players in response to this question)
 

Roy Syla (Released)

Roy Syla (Released)

Guess also because of Home Grown status?
If there was any plan to put him in a matchday squad, yeah that'd help, but it's a testament to how young the first team squad is when, if you remove Syla and Balcombe, there's only 20 in the 25-man squad! Cox, Hickey, KLP, Schade and Stevens are all U21s.
 

Roy Syla (Released)

Interesting interview. I did wonder why we brought him in but it's clear everyone is on the same page. He's under no illusions about why he's here but sounds like he's making the most of his opportunity. Be interesting to see if we trigger his one year option or try and find him a club in the lower leagues.
 

Roy Syla (Released)

Interesting interview. I did wonder why we brought him in but it's clear everyone is on the same page. He's under no illusions about why he's here but sounds like he's making the most of his opportunity. Be interesting to see if we trigger his one year option or try and find him a club in the lower leagues.
I almost wonder if, having had nearly two seasons of professional football and probably looking like upper echelons of non-league at best, he might do a Joe Maloney and go down the coaching route in the academy. I don't know, just a feeling, but obviously he's said he's determined to play.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom