Scott Canham

Scott Canham

Scott Canham was one of the real disappointments for me in recent years. When he arrived he looked a fantastic prospect but sadly David Webb tried to change his playing style, wanting to add more agression to his game and it didn't suit him at all. It was a real shame.

I don't think his personality suited either, by all accounts he was a somewhat shy character.
 

Scott Canham

Scott Canham was one of the real disappointments for me in recent years. When he arrived he looked a fantastic prospect but sadly David Webb tried to change his playing style, wanting to add more agression to his game and it didn't suit him at all. It was a real shame.

I don't think his personality suited either, by all accounts he was a somewhat shy character.

He and Detzi Kruszynski (spelling?) were the 2 big post-loan disappointments I can remember (probably for very different reasons). Both looked top class when they joined, but made virtually no contribution the following season
 

Scott Canham

I remember Ericsson offering to pay part of his transfer fee to David Webb.
 

Scott Canham

I thought Canham was crap
 

Scott Canham

I thought Canham was an excellent prospect, but his confidence was destroyed by Webb. If I've got the right incident, I don't think he ever really recovered from giving the penalty away at Portsmouth (that Aspinall converted) for us to lose 1-0. Shame...
 

Scott Canham

Scott was a great player for us while on loan, but when he sign permanantly he was pants.

Good luck at Brentwood though.
 

Scott Canham

He and Detzi Kruszynski (spelling?) were the 2 big post-loan disappointments I can remember (probably for very different reasons). Both looked top class when they joined, but made virtually no contribution the following season

:confused: :confused:

I thought he was class.
 

Scott Canham

I thought Canham was an excellent prospect, but his confidence was destroyed by Webb. If I've got the right incident, I don't think he ever really recovered from giving the penalty away at Portsmouth (that Aspinall converted) for us to lose 1-0. Shame...

I thought that was Billy the Pitbull? Canham didn't really have the strength to survive although he had vision and used the ball well. Sometimes a player can get by just on skill alone, like Alan Cockram did for a while, but usually you have to graft as well in the modern game.
 

Scott Canham

DaveScot448x640.jpg


23245720.jpg


141_large.jpg
 

Scott Canham

I thought Canham was an excellent prospect, but his confidence was destroyed by Webb. If I've got the right incident, I don't think he ever really recovered from giving the penalty away at Portsmouth (that Aspinall converted) for us to lose 1-0. Shame...

Grant Chalmers?
 

Scott Canham

Interesting article in the Prog about him yesterday. What was the "truth" he didnt want to mention surrounding the sale of Forster. Does anyone know what went on behind the scenes?
 

Scott Canham

Scott Canham

Scott Canham

Harry's judgement ain't to bad though even though it's his nephew.
 

Scott Canham

Harry's judgement ain't to bad though even though it's his nephew.

On that occasion, yes, his judgement was very good...

How is he related to Tel Ben Haim though?
 

Scott Canham

On that occasion, yes, his judgement was very good...

How is he related to Tel Ben Haim though?

I think every time that 'Arry gets a new job, Ben Haim rings him up and says "'Arry, you know all that stuff I know ....."
 

Scott Canham

Scott Canham

That must have been dreadful for Fat Frank, having to sit there being told he isn't good enough by his own fans...
 

Scott Canham

That must have been dreadful for Fat Frank, having to sit there being told he isn't good enough by his own fans...

no wonder he left...
 

Scott Canham

Left 'cos of the way he treated his Dad. I think he's said as much on several occasions.

Scott's dad use to come through my turnstile every home game.. nice bloke, he thought his son was mustard, I thought him crap.. lol
 

Scott Canham

Scott's dad use to come through my turnstile every home game.. nice bloke, he thought his son was mustard, I thought him crap.. lol

I'm in stitches. :zzzzz: I wonder if he thought you were a crap turnstile operator? Probably. rofl :rolleyes:

Canham was a good player when on loan, it went wrong when he signed permanently, had something about him but didn't work out.
 

Scott Canham

Scott Canham

Scott was ok, him and his old man drank in the Bricklayers even after Webb warned them off. Alright in my book ✊
 

Scott Canham

Scott's dad use to come through my turnstile every home game.. nice bloke, he thought his son was mustard, I thought him crap.. lol

I meant Lampard. Lampard left cos of the way Hammers treated Frank Snr.
 

Scott Canham

One of those players who was fantastic on loan, but disappointing when signed permanently.
 
Back
Top Bottom