Scott OUT

Scott OUT

I'm not so sure about naming individuals for their bad but I hope it works.

I tend to agree... but when you see the goals on telly it's laughable the 'effort' Poole puts in to stop the cross that leads to the first goal.
 

Scott OUT

I like the openess of AS, he seems to think what most of us fans think. Yes, I was against his appointment as manager, but he has proved me wrong, Carry on Andy you have my support and 1,000's of others.
 

Scott OUT

Three tough away games now we have three home games to get us right back in the mix.

Should win the next two and that will give us confidence going into the Peterborough game, but we simply have to win against Bury and Macclesfield.

Having just checked the fixtures after those with games against Morecambe and Wrexham I fully expect us to only lose one of the next five games, and if we are to make the play offs that is the kind of form we need to produce.
 

Scott OUT

scott out. get the f**ham out our club. they have sabotaged our play off run. :love2:
 

Scott OUT

Is Poole an enigma?:confused:

No, he's a player with some excellent skills and an eye for goal, but a lack of pace and limited ability to cover his full-back. If he had the lot, he wouldn't be with us and he's probably been around non-league too long to change his approach completely.

With 2 home games against lowly teams coming up, I would be very reluctant to leave out our leading scorer, whatever his shortcomings, especially given that Connell is the only other player in the current squad with more than 2 goals this season (and probably the only one who's scored as many in his league career as Poole has this season)
 

Scott OUT

I tend to agree... but when you see the goals on telly it's laughable the 'effort' Poole puts in to stop the cross that leads to the first goal.

Poole is Poole, he has a run of invisible performances then pops up with some winning goals. He doesn't track back well or give Dickson a lot of cover, can't head and isn't very strong or quick. I'd much rather have a Dickson like player on the left wing who can defend and counter attack quickly down the left hand wing. His crosses\runs would probably help provide more goals for the team then Poole will ever score. I have respect for the ablility Poole has when striking\passing a ball but I'm not sure it's enough for the benefit of the teams performance.
 

Scott OUT

.........as the rotund dwarf Mr Holder once said........."Where are my doubters now eh ??" ;)


Scott OUT:cool:
 

Scott OUT

At half time there was a group of supporters chanting Scott Out by the Braemar gates.

I was physically sick and wonder if VOTB was behind it.:fishing:
 

Scott OUT

At half time there was a group of supporters chanting Scott Out by the Braemar gates.

If that's true then said supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

I was one of the doubters when AS got the job and also felt that he should have only been given the position to the end of the season. At the time of the appointment I said I would not judge him over the first seven games, but over the remainder of the season. To date he has probably done enough to avoid relegation, although Oxford got relegated with something like 50 points. So maybe another 5 or 6 points would be very welcome.

I didn't get carried away by the unbeaten run and won't crucify him over the last four games. However, the last two games I have seen both involved Chesterfield and I am still trying to work out which was the real Brentford. Because the difference in the two performances was staggering.
 

Scott OUT

I've stated it before on here so not just as a result of the last four games but we're not ready for promotion.

We have a rotation of 5 loanees, and not enough experience of physical presence to sustain a season long promotion challenge.

However, come next season, the players will have had time to learn, gain more nous and as long as we can get a strong spine to the side with authority from keeper through to Elder, who knows?

In my opinion AS is very much the right man for the job, he won't shirk issues, calls it as it is and knows what needs to be done. Finance may be an issue in not getting ehat he wants or really needs but by and large his dealings since taking over have better individuals coming in so I trust he'll get it right.
 

Scott OUT

At half time there was a group of supporters chanting Scott Out by the Braemar gates.

Absolutely Ridiculous ....some people will never learn. Surely we need some stability.
 

Scott OUT

Hope it was a joke to cheer up those concerned on a depressing night. Performance was awful, but when Scott took over, are there any of us who would not have been delighted if told that we'd take 27 points from the next 16 games (play-off form)? I don't expect us to maintain that with the players we're left with now - I'd be content with 12-15 pts from the last 11 games, though fear it might be 6-8 (even that would be better than Butcher's record)
 

Scott OUT

Not shure whats going on there 4 defeats on the bounce
Last night we was dead & bured 4-1 home loss to bury
:cry:
 

Scott OUT

protest after saturdays game if scott and his f**ham cronies lose again. maybe he will bring stannard and brooker back. HAPPY NOW?????
 

Scott OUT

Look at the big picture, we lost two games, It means AS will NOT get a manager of the month award and therefore we will not go on a ten game losing streak. The man is a tactical genius.:sorted:

this manager of the month curse eh. strange isn't it, hmm?

football supporters (in general, i don't think brentford are any worse/better) are so bloody reactive. 9 games unbeaten "we're gonna win the title". 4 games lost in a row "oh my god it's all going wrong".

how about we chill, "look at the big picture" :imwith: and all accept Scotty's doing a good job overall, and that mid-table's exactly what we realistically wanted at the start of the season.

next season is our glorious march to the title :sorted: so relax :cool:
 

Scott OUT

how about we chill, "look at the big picture" :imwith: and all accept Scotty's doing a good job overall, and that mid-table's exactly what we realistically wanted at the start of the season.

I didn't. :wave:
 

Scott OUT

you damn hippy :mad1:

consolidation was the reasonable goal for the season. stopping our downward slide and general implosion. in my eyes. and i think we're going to achieve that :sorted:
 

Scott OUT

you damn hippy :mad1:

consolidation was the reasonable goal for the season. stopping our downward slide and general implosion. in my eyes. and i think we're going to achieve that :sorted:

1 Peterborough 35 33 71
2 Milton Keynes Dons 34 32 69
3 Darlington 34 32 68
4 Hereford 34 21 64
5 Rotherham 35 10 57
6 Wycombe 35 9 57
7 Stockport 34 10 56
8 Chesterfield 35 13 54
9 Rochdale 32 5 50
10 Morecambe 34 -4 50
11 Grimsby 35 -2 49

I would've hoped to have finished above at least 6 of these teams.
 

Scott OUT

I did heard however thro people I know at Reading that a player was possibly coming in on loan. But there is no way I would or did advertise that on this board and possibly alert another team and scupper any deal.



...................I'm so relieved to read this..........thanks readingbee for keeping schtum...............
 

Scott OUT

i'm not sure what your point is, Les/Mark....

are you saying we're underachieving ------> Scott Out!!

i distinctly remember noises being made about consolidation this season, though in no way can i be bothered to find a link :)
 

Scott OUT

i distinctly remember noises being made about consolidation this season,

Consolidation usually follows a promotion not the worst season in a club's history
 

Scott OUT

1 Peterborough 35 33 71
2 Milton Keynes Dons 34 32 69
3 Darlington 34 32 68
4 Hereford 34 21 64
5 Rotherham 35 10 57
6 Wycombe 35 9 57
7 Stockport 34 10 56
8 Chesterfield 35 13 54
9 Rochdale 32 5 50
10 Morecambe 34 -4 50
11 Grimsby 35 -2 49

I would've hoped to have finished above at least 6 of these teams.

At the start of the season, I'd have agreed with you, but that wasn't a reasonable expectation when AS took over - I'd have settled for 15th or 16th at this stage (which is probably about where we'll finish)
 

Scott OUT

The POs were so achievable this season, we blew it at the start and have now blown it towards the end.:confused: Is it PC nowadays to expect mediocrity?:rolleyes:
 

Scott OUT

The POs were so achievable this season, we blew it at the start and have now blown it towards the end.:confused: Is it PC nowadays to expect mediocrity?:rolleyes:

So, what are you saying, NB? Get rid of another manager - after all, unless we pull our finger out, we will miss out on last season's record of four managers?
 

Scott OUT

The POs were so achievable this season,

:yes:

With the money we spent on wages at the start of the season we should have been top eight at least IMHO.

Given we were careering towards the foot of the table in December we had to re-adjust and although everyone got really excited we were always unlikely to be able to make up the ground we lost in November and December.

Our budget is in excess of many in this division, according to reports, and a good manager would be able to get us into the play-offs, albeit the top 3-4 clubs may be spending far more than us and be too good.

Butcher failed, Scott picked up the pieces and has been able to ensure relegation was never an issue and raise hopes.
Next year I presume he will have a budget greater than many, depending on who comes and goes up and down and I will have the same top eight target (top seven realistically), it will be a test of Scott if he delivers, and I'm sure he knows that.
 

Scott OUT

So, what are you saying, NB? Get rid of another manager - after all, unless we pull our finger out, we will miss out on last season's record of four managers?

That's not how I read it :shrug:

Reading and listening to Scott he knows that staying as a mid-table team in this division is not acceptable and I'm sure he is well aware he will be judged next season on the squad he puts together and where we finish.
 

Scott OUT

Ed, you seem to want to attack me at every opportunity!:confused: I don't understand why as I am very rarely wrong and haven't suggested sacking Scott at any time and firmly believe that he deserves a good long run at turning us around. He has shown more in a short space of time that any of the last few managers bar MA and has earnt our support. I only suggested that we should have done better in this league with the POs absolute certainty at worst. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
 

Scott OUT

Matt, I'm asking you questions, not attacking you. :confused: Anyway, I agree that the play-offs are the least we should expect but I also recognise that football isn't always like that, and things can happen, such as injuries to key players that mean you don't get what you think you should. The Coppell team should have been promoted as it was the best team in the division that season, but injuries to key players, Burgess in particular, and the stupid sale of Mahon, meant that we didn't.

To be honest, I have no idea why we have this Scott out thread, unless it's supposed to be an extended piece of irony.

Scott deserves to be given the chance of getting us up next season, but if he doesn't, that doesn't mean he automatically shouldn't have another go the season after.
 

Scott OUT

I only suggested that we should have done better in this league with the POs absolute certainty at worst. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Of course, but no one (well, a few did) could have predicted the unmitigated disaster that was Terry Butcher. Had we done the unlikely and, frankly, bizarre and chosen Andy Scott as manager at the time, a lot would still have depended on the attitudes and relationships of the players to each other. At least we know he would have played them in their best positions and while he is a little bit tactically naive/inexperienced at times, he doesn't hold any love for sentiment and is willing to make bold decisions as demonstrated on Tuesday. In all likelihood I agree we would have probably been in play-off contention by now whereas we're not any more unless something really silly happens above us. It doesn't help when you give the rest of the league a 20 point headstart while you spent 4 months trying to work out what your first 11 is.
 

Scott OUT

Of course, but no one (well, a few did) could have predicted the unmitigated disaster that was Terry Butcher

Unless of course somebody had bothered to do some research. You may not have been able to predict it but you could have made an educated guess given the evidence available, but hey, he once played for England with blood pouring out of his head, so he was obviously the right man!!!

Equally, I don't think anyone can be surprised that having appointed a totally inexperienced manager we've suddenly hit a bit of a dip and he's scratching his head a little as to how to get out of it. It was always going to happen at some point. Fortunately for Scott and us, he had a good run beforehand so it's not really a life or death situation. Hopefully he can learn from this and be stronger for it next season when we really MUST be challenging for promotion.

His recent Press Conference comments I guess are him thinking "I've tried the nice guy approach, perhaps we need a bit of blood and thunder..". He's learning on the job basically, and whether it turns out to be for our benefit or at our expense, we won't know for a little while but we took a chance and gave him a chance and barring a complete disaster he's certainly going to be allowed the time to prove himself or otherwise..
 

Scott OUT

There has been some intelligent and interesting posts on here today regarding AS.
One thing we must not forget is that Andy is on a learning curve himself. He is brand new to management himself. He will be given time to see if he has what it takes as a manager and we all want him to succeed.
It is still possible to reach the PO's but it's a very tall order now, but at least we wont go down to the BS.
 

Scott OUT

I like many over the last few weeks, have been caught up in the PO bandwagon, but in real terms we all would of settled for safety in March back last December after the posh disaster and the out of control situation which looked like we would be fighting for our league status at this satge of the season.

For this reason I want to see AS get a real crack at this league next season with the side he wants it's only 4 matches after all and three of them were away, let get things in prospective.

I know it will take a dramatic turn around in events from now till May,to allow us to see the Wembley Arc this season so let rejoice in the fact that we are still in the league and we have the prospect of the new stadium over the horizon.
 

Scott OUT

Consolidation usually follows a promotion not the worst season in a club's history

as we were, in my eyes, in freefall and generally imploding, a quiet couple of seasons on the pitch seemed best to me, coupled with some good news off the pitch. seems to be how it's working out.

i apologise to the residents of cloud-cuckoo land :eek:

i can't find any talk of where we will we finish this season?? Pre-season predictions?? All i can see is this daft thread: https://griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53522&page=2&highlight=season where some sensible souls have said "mid-table".... I'm just happy enough to stay in the league. Some of the comments on here sound a little too big for our boots, almost demanding promotion. Who do you think we are, Chelsea??
 

Scott OUT

as we were, in my eyes, in freefall and generally imploding, a quiet couple of seasons on the pitch seemed best to me, coupled with some good news off the pitch. seems to be how it's working out.

i apologise to the residents of cloud-cuckoo land :eek:

i can't find any talk of where we will we finish this season?? Pre-season predictions?? All i can see is this daft thread: https://griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53522&page=2&highlight=season where some sensible souls have said "mid-table".... I'm just happy enough to stay in the league. Some of the comments on here sound a little too big for our boots, almost demanding promotion. Who do you think we are, Chelsea??


Listen up Tree, now maybe in Prague this league looks good but on the grass and in front of small crowds this league is in fact sh*t. We take decent away following whilst I apologise to Blunstone for some of the numbers and our budget is favourable with most in our division. We are actually a fairly big team with players who other teams would love to have. However some of the mobs we are playing have team spirit and unity and didn't have Butcher as their manager and gained an advantage on us. Without that man in charge we would have looked at mid-table as being useless and a sackable offence however we now have to grudgingly accept thast this is as high as we can finish. Anyone who wanted or predicted mid-table was and is a complete fool.:wave:
 
Last edited:

Scott OUT

So it's a mid-table 4th division budget already and you want to cut it further? :fishing:

Not at all. I expect nothing less than the play-offs next season with the budget Andy will get. This season has been completely below expectation.

I was against Butcher being manager and the BFC board got what it deserved when it appointed him.
 

Scott OUT

I was against Butcher being manager and the BFC board got what it deserved when it appointed him.

You were of course for Leroy being manager though. ;) :eek:
 

Scott OUT

You were of course for Leroy being manager though. ;) :eek:

Of course, and I don't hide from it. However, my record stands up better than most longstanding members of the BFC board when it comes to picking managers. Appointing Fitzgerald and Butcher were disasters in my book.
 

Scott OUT

Of course, and I don't hide from it. However, my record stands up better than most longstanding members of the BFC board when it comes to picking managers. Appointing Fitzgerald and Butcher were disasters in my book.

Appointing managers is not easy. Fitzgerald was wrong, but who else was there? Patterson certainly ain't pulling up trees at Oxford and he was the 1st choice. Wheras Waddock, who most would have blackballed, especially ROB is proving very good.
I'm sure if Scott loses another 4 on the spin, they'll be shouts for his head too. It's a minefield and for every right choice you'll get 4 wrong ones. Its just a shame you can't keep hold of you right choices. :sad:
 
Back
Top Bottom