Simon Brown Returns

Simon Brown Returns

Very disappointed Darlo haven't kept him (for good!). I guess we all knew that after half a season, his shortcomings would surface despite his (at times) fine shot-stopping. Shame he couldn't command a dog, let alone his box or back four.

Let's hope AS can offload him. Good luck to the bloke, but he is not simply not good enough and never was. (Which I posted at the time we signed him and got slaughtered!).

What suggestion is there that Darlo have sent him back because they don't consider hiim good enough ? The fact he's kept out their previous first choice keeper over the past couple of weeks and the comments posted on here by the Darlo fans suggest that he's done pretty well for them by all accounts.

(and no, that is not to say that I'd welcome him back between the sticks at GP).
 

Simon Brown Returns

What suggestion is there that Darlo have sent him back because they don't consider hiim good enough ? The fact he's kept out their previous first choice keeper over the past couple of weeks and the comments posted on here by the Darlo fans suggest that he's done pretty well for them by all accounts.

(and no, that is not to say that I'd welcome him back between the sticks at GP).

I also expected him to stay there for the season to be honest, but i suppose we're fools to think they wouldn't find him out after the time he was there.
 

Simon Brown Returns

I also expected him to stay there for the season to be honest, but i suppose we're fools to think they wouldn't find him out after the time he was there.

Eh? He is keeping Michael Oakes out of the team.
 

Simon Brown Returns

I also expected him to stay there for the season to be honest, but i suppose we're fools to think they wouldn't find him out after the time he was there.

If Brown doesn't join Darlington permanently, I'd wager it's due to finances and not their perception of his ability.
 

Simon Brown Returns

I'd forgotten all about that goal at Lincoln rofl rofl rofl

Then of course there was the sending off within 20 seconds against Peterborough rofl rofl rofl

Keep this clown away from the first team :sorted:
 

Simon Brown Returns

I'd forgotten all about that goal at Lincoln rofl rofl rofl

Then of course there was the sending off within 20 seconds against Peterborough rofl rofl rofl

Keep this clown away from the first team :sorted:

..................what does he have saved up for his next Bees performance???........
 

Simon Brown Returns

Penney says he will make a decision on Brown next week, lets hope :)
 

Simon Brown Returns

I've always used my password to log on.

What's that got to do with the price of fish

FACT 1: You don't need to enter your username & password to read the news on the BFC website

FACT 2: Just because you do enter a username & password, it does not mean you are paying for the content (cf. the GPG)

FACT 3: You only pay for "BeesWorld" content on the BFC website
 

Simon Brown Returns

On the bench for Saturday then, and with a lot to prove, should he be needed :sorted:
 

Simon Brown Returns

There is an underlying reality that Simon Brown is not as bad as many people think. OK, he made some spectacular errors but so has our young hero, Ben Hamer.

If we're seriously going to go for automatic promotion, we need a good keeper on the bench and, if we're stuck with him, so be it.
 

Simon Brown Returns

There is an underlying reality that Simon Brown is not as bad as many people think. OK, he made some spectacular errors but so has our young hero, Ben Hamer.

If we're seriously going to go for automatic promotion, we need a good keeper on the bench and, if we're stuck with him, so be it.

I think he is useless, his performance at Morecambe was shocking, his drop of the ball against Wycombe was weak, his gaff at Lincoln was one of the worst ever seen, his inability to come off his line cost us many times including Posh's 2nd goal at GP, his kicking under semi-pressure is a joke as per Bradford at home last season and the worst thing of all is that he is a high earner and these mistakes are only a few that I can remember from an experienced keeper who didn't play that many games for us last season. Didn't he storm off when dropped for the Hereford game? One of the most shocking things and probably the only really bad thing that AS has done in his time as BFC manager was to continue playing this inept keeper whilst Hamer sat on the bench IMO and I am not one of the Hamer can do nowt wrong brigade but there is no contest in who is a better keeper.
Brown costs us points.
 

Simon Brown Returns

The link also perhaps provides further information as to the present intentions of Ipswich and their loan players re the comments about Clarke, which could equally apply to Bowditch
 

Simon Brown Returns

I couldn't find a special :fishing: for you!

Was I biting, I thought I'd finally put me thoughts down and silence any doubters as to how sh*t this man actually is.;)

You have your opinion which is nice although on this occasion it is sh*t and I have mine, I don't understand this fishing and biting.:sorted:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Simon Brown isn't in the same league as Hamer and it would be useful if we could get rid of him.

If, however, Hamer were to go down ill overnight tonight I would much rather Simon Brown was in goal tomorrow than Seb Brown :shrug:
 

Simon Brown Returns

NB, I was thinking of you as I typed, that's all! I'm not suggesting that he is God's gift, I'm just saying that, if we're stuck with him, then I'd prefer him on the bench to his junior namesake. If AS can off-load him, then I'll shed no tears.
 

Simon Brown Returns

NB, I was thinking of you as I typed, that's all! I'm not suggesting that he is God's gift, I'm just saying that, if we're stuck with him, then I'd prefer him on the bench to his junior namesake. If AS can off-load him, then I'll shed no tears.

See a few posts with me and now you see the light.;););););)
 

Simon Brown Returns

If, however, Hamer were to go down ill overnight tonight I would much rather Simon Brown was in goal tomorrow than Seb Brown :shrug:

I would rather have My Mother in goal than have Simon

Anybody who has Beesworld do a search on Bury v Darlington and watch Mr Brown in all his glory :nono: he should be done under the job description act for calling himself a Goalkeeper
 

Simon Brown Returns

damn!

i reckon he's here till June 09 now. :( can't really see anyone taking him on loan and paying his wages.
 

Simon Brown Returns

That is bad news :(

As for cover for Hamer. It has already been shown that we can get short-term cover in and probably at a significantly lower cost than having Brown around for the remainder of the season.

Thanks Banana - sensible talk this.Can Brown not do the right thing and accept some sort of a pay-off, as did a certain captain a season or so ago?:sorted:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Thanks Banana - sensible talk this.Can Brown not do the right thing and accept some sort of a pay-off, as did a certain captain a season or so ago?:sorted:

Are you funding the pay off ? :confused:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Are you funding the pay off ? :confused:

I already fund it like many others in various ways we put money into this club!Don't you agree then that paying him off might be cheaper than letting him warm his bum on the bench for the rest of the season? I think it is called economics.:fishing:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Thanks Banana - sensible talk this.Can Brown not do the right thing and accept some sort of a pay-off, as did a certain captain a season or so ago?:sorted:

We've got a month in which to loan him out yet!
 

Simon Brown Returns

I already fund it like many others in various ways we put money into this club!Don't you agree then that paying him off might be cheaper than letting him warm his bum on the bench for the rest of the season? I think it is called economics.:fishing:

you're probably looking at £26k, guessing at 26 weeks on £1k per week but is probably on more(??), to get rid of someone like Simon Brown. So unless the CFO of BFC can find some spare cash under the 'Welcome' mat in the Board Room, i doubt if he;ll be 'paid off' :wave:
 

Simon Brown Returns

I already fund it like many others in various ways we put money into this club!Don't you agree then that paying him off might be cheaper than letting him warm his bum on the bench for the rest of the season? I think it is called economics.:fishing:

I am not as concise and witty as Mark, but can I suggest you pay Brown his lump sum....possibly in the region of £30-40k...then I am sure BFC will pay you back in installments...

contact Peter Gilham for more info or PM BeeH :sorted:
 

Simon Brown Returns

So do I, but my way is less cash than the other way Mark.:sorted::fishing:

No sh*t sherlock, the problem is finding the lump sum in one go. It's very easy to spend other peoples money, isn't it? :wave:

If we can't move him on I would prefer him on the bench or cover as we don't know if Hamer is going to play 24 in a row between now and May.
 

Simon Brown Returns

I am not as concise and witty as Mark, but can I suggest you pay Brown his lump sum....possibly in the region of £30-40k...then I am sure BFC will pay you back in installments...

contact Peter Gilham for more info or PM BeeH :sorted:

Just contacted him and it would appear a cheaper option would be to negotiate a pay off, or as Banana said, we have a month to loan him out!:idea:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Just contacted him and it would appear a cheaper option would be to negotiate a pay off, or as Banana said, we have a month to loan him out!:idea:

thats what you are doing ?

you negociate a one off pay off....(BFC do not have the cashflow currently to do this)....then BFC will pay you monthly, until your effective loan to the club is repaid...

get on with it chap

ps, when you have done this, can you phone Andy Scott, and suggest some decent loanee keepers he can replace Brown with on the bench....I have heard of several Bees fans mums and grans who "could do a better job" FACT
 

Simon Brown Returns

thats what you are doing ?

you negociate a one off pay off....(BFC do not have the cashflow currently to do this)....then BFC will pay you monthly, until your effective loan to the club is repaid...

get on with it chap

ps, when you have done this, can you phone Andy Scott, and suggest some decent loanee keepers he can replace Brown with on the bench....I have heard of several Bees fans mums and grans who "could do a better job" FACT
I have too much respect for AS to suggest who he gets in as I am sure he would know what goalkeeper he wants in if he decided to do that. I would also not be surprised if a compromise is not sorted out in one way or another.Sorry if I rattled your cage chap:wave:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Can we change a few words of Knees up Mother Brown to Feck off Simon Brown tomorrow?:idea:

True feelings vented and Seb won't get confused.
 

Simon Brown Returns

Simon Brown isn't in the same league as Hamer and it would be useful if we could get rid of him.

If, however, Hamer were to go down ill overnight tonight I would much rather Simon Brown was in goal tomorrow than Seb Brown :shrug:

:imwith:
 

Simon Brown Returns

Gerken Heads North

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0 said:
U's goalkeeper Dean Gerken will venture out on loan for a month, in the quest for first team football.

Dean has been understudy to Jimmy Walker since the experienced shot stopper arrived at the club and will head to League Two side Darlington.

I guess that settles it, then.
 

Simon Brown Returns

I guess that settles it, then.


Apparently it is initially for one month as one the foreign on that PG struggled with is on laon and one other is injured
 

Simon Brown Returns

In the nicest possible way let's hope for some injuries amongst keepers in our division or around the top of the Conference - maybe then one of them will come in for him
 

Simon Brown Returns

In the nicest possible way let's hope for some injuries amongst keepers in our division or around the top of the Conference - maybe then one of them will come in for him

No need to be nice. He came with a big pedigree and wage packet and has been nothing but a failure.
 

Simon Brown Returns

In the nicest possible way let's hope for some injuries amongst keepers in our division or around the top of the Conference - maybe then one of them will come in for him

Wouldn't mind betting that he is on the bench today.:eek:
 
Back
Top Bottom