Sky Red Button Notifications

BoroBee

That's Mr.Puss to you pal
Joined
8 Nov 2000
Messages
4,081
Reaction score
407
Location
Kirkcudbright, Dumfries & Galloway

Sky Red Button Notifications

I’m not sure how many people this might affect, but FYI anyway.
When watching matches on the Sky Red Button, the coverage appears to be about thirty seconds behind the actual play.
I have a BBC notifications app on my watch and several times, a goal comes up on the app before it’s scored on Sky. Not a huge problem, but rather irritating especially if the opposition scores.
I turn off notifications now, if I’m watching on the red button.
As I say, it might not affect anyone but me, but FYI.
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

I’m not sure how many people this might affect, but FYI anyway.
When watching matches on the Sky Red Button, the coverage appears to be about thirty seconds behind the actual play.
I have a BBC notifications app on my watch and several times, a goal comes up on the app before it’s scored on Sky. Not a huge problem, but rather irritating especially if the opposition scores.
I turn off notifications now, if I’m watching on the red button.
As I say, it might not affect anyone but me, but FYI.
Yup I turn off Twitter notifications from Brentford
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

Watched the game against Norwich during the week, on the red button, and although it may be behind the real time action, it is still ahead of ifollow coverage, which was a further 30 seconds behind.
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

This depends on whether you have a new Sky Q box where the feed will be via internet with delay similar to iFollow but better quality or the older Sky+ boxes where it will be via satellite with less delay but less picture quality
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

Same but with mobile app notifications ( sky or one football)
no matter how I’m watching on tv, the app notifications for goals are always one minute before I see it onscreen ? and I don’t always remember to turn them off
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

This depends on whether you have a new Sky Q box where the feed will be via internet with delay similar to iFollow but better quality or the older Sky+ boxes where it will be via satellite with less delay but less picture quality
I have a Sky Q box & at the start of the second half was exactly 39 seconds ahead of my nearby iFollow watching friend.
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

I think someone put out a method last season , of being able to get Red Button game when you don’t have a TV but able via Sky Sports App.

If possible can it be re posted
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

I think someone put out a method last season , of being able to get Red Button game when you don’t have a TV but able via Sky Sports App.

If possible can it be re posted

I think it was log into sky sports, on the sky sports website, via your internet browser -not Via the sky go app.

Then you should be able to click on the list of games and view the one you want, and then press view or video. I’ll have a double check next time we’re on
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

These bloody notifications always get you - best thing is to just disable them all! I cast games via my phone to the big screen, so things popping up on the phone can be a pain. Rotherham away a couple of years, when we went 3-2 up straight after they equalised - I was getting all the "sh*t f*** b***ocks" messages on WhatsApp when there was no apparent danger, then "yes!!!" as they scored! When you know a goal for us is coming, it makes it quite fun to watch :D

But yeah, I turned off WhatsApp notifications after that, so I watch the match in a self-contained bubble :)
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

At least nowTv have added the red button option for me on PS4!
 

Sky Red Button Notifications

Interesting responses - thanks.
I remember that I had a similar problem watching cricket on Sky and trying to listen to TMS - there was an annoying lag there.
First World Problems, eh? ?
 
Back
Top Bottom