Sod the Aged

B

bee 49

Guest

Sod the Aged

It comes to most of us old age but what do the Bees do invest in new support from the teenies and sod those who have been supporting them through thick and thin over many decades.It's great that we try to attract new youngsters at Brentford but at the expense of the aged supporters of which I'm one it's not on.
Last season in New Road as an over 60 you paid £108 ( with discount)now it is £180 with discount for next season.How can that be justified.
I quote Gary Hardgraves in the Chronicle today."Ever since I came here in 1998 people have talked about attracting the kids.I wanted to do something this year that was fairly radical,hence the categories we came up with.The club has been prepared to take a risk,but isn't prepared to take all the risk.Students and senior citizens have lost out, but they are both still betting a good deal."
All I can say is next season you'll need every support that's available as finances don't look good.Ok as I said I'm over 60 and I'll pay as I go but others it appears will struggle to find the difference (For a couple an increase of £144)so think again Brentford but some how I doubt it.
 

Sod the Aged

Dear Mr Hargraves,

Alfie Davis of Chalfont St Giles was one of a goup of eight OAP's that wrote to you about the increase in their season tickets. Apparently, you responded by phone to only one of them and offered him a 10% discount.

Alfie has been supporting BFC for sixty plus years and quite correctly points out that most people start supporting BFC 'cos of their grandfather (I was one !).

Any response ?
 

Sod the Aged

At the end of the day the prime reason we need support is becuase of the cash it brings in. The prime source of cash is the entrance fee (supplemented to some extent by the burgers etc bought). I think Gary's got a point - they've still got to get the cash in and the probability of dividing the kids price by 6(?) and getting 6 times as many kids in is unlikely to say the least. So at the end of the day we all have to bear the burden of that difference.

There's no rights and wrongs in this - it is a guess at what will generate the best for the club. Gary has taken a view and I think on balance it is quite a fair one (and I say that as someone who has to par more as well).

I think we should congratulate the club in this instance rather than highlight every negative issue we can think of.
 

Sod the Aged

So was I.My Grandfather was a BEE. This is Bollox IMO, forget your ancestry/history and you lose your identity. Older fan's are just as much of an asset and are just as passionate about the club. Also their money is the same! Usual BFC sh*t on your die hard fans

Fair enough try to attract new fans but don't alienate the ones who turn up and have been paying in for years - GROWL

[This message has been edited by Ghost Dog (edited 07 June 2001).]
 

Sod the Aged

Oh great, well we should reduce the price of kids, we should reduce the price for OAPs, actually season ticket holders in general are obviously die hard fans so we should reduce the price for everyone. Actually its the 4,500 attendees at GP who are the die hard fans, so we should reduce the price for all those too. **** it. Lets just scrap admission prices full stop on the basis that anyone who can be arsed to turn up deserves to get in for free.

The fact that we won't have a ****ing club for us to watch at all, let alone your bloody grandkids who will grow up with QPR/Fulham as their local club becuase BFC will have dissapeared, doesn't seem to have clicked with you lot yet!

Its got to be paid for by someone, and guess who is most willing to pay - the die hard fans. And if you, as die hard fans, are not prepared to pay then what makes you think anyone else is going to? Stop bloody whingeing!
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shaggy:
Oh great, well we should reduce the price of kids, we should reduce the price for OAPs, actually season ticket holders in general are obviously die hard fans so we should reduce the price for everyone. Actually its the 4,500 attendees at GP who are the die hard fans, so we should reduce the price for all those too. **** it. Lets just scrap admission prices full stop on the basis that anyone who can be arsed to turn up deserves to get in for free.

The fact that we won't have a ****ing club for us to watch at all, let alone your bloody grandkids who will grow up with QPR/Fulham as their local club becuase BFC will have dissapeared, doesn't seem to have clicked with you lot yet!

Its got to be paid for by someone, and guess who is most willing to pay - the die hard fans. And if you, as die hard fans, are not prepared to pay then what makes you think anyone else is going to? Stop bloody whingeing!
</font>

Calm down Shaggy.
I agree with all you say though. I to am paying more this season and happy to do so because of the great prices for the kids.
My eight year old Nephew is also a season ticket holder this year and it would seem from the sales so far that others agree.
 

Sod the Aged

I'm no mathematician but does it not make sense to try and get more people in at lower prices which equals more money. Yeah the die hard fans are willing to pay - me included but if the crowds keep going down that means we have to pay for it does it?? It's not my fault we sell our best players, fail on the big occasion etc, etc.

If we end up at woking will we have to pay premier league prices to make up the difference? I will pay willingly to see The Bees but it doesn't mean the prices should keep going up without a better quality of service on and off the pitch.

With this latest thing they IMO are taking too much of a risk with those who DO come to GP.
 

Sod the Aged

I agree, sod the aged. I would quite happily trade the miserable old bastards who populate parts of the ground for younger and more dynamic supporters. Price the whinging gits out of it, that's what I say.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by St Helens Bee:
I agree, sod the aged. I would quite happily trade the miserable old bastards who populate parts of the ground for younger and more dynamic supporters. Price the whinging gits out of it, that's what I say.</font>

Some of the 'miserable old bastards' you talk of saved BFC in '67 when they were young. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a club to be talking about on here!

Some of us young-un's are trying to do it again now. Were we having words recently about you going in to the ground at the Woking friendly??

I hope you were joking, if you were there are smilies to indicate your tone, otherwise you get angry people having a go, I should know!!!

Do the older fans deserve to be treated like that - engage brain before you speak please St Helens Bee please
mad.gif
 

Sod the Aged

Ok, calm down! I'm a Student Bee so I'm half way between adult and kiddies. The main thing is the club has made an effort! How many times have we criticised the club for lack of ideas? I agree with Shaggy that we should congratulate the club, well done! The thing is in the clubs view we are all customers and only have X shelf life. This is going to sound rude but with the OAP's they can see that there shelf life isn't long so they become the least important customers. The juniors on the other hand have many potiential years of supporting and more to the point PAYING to see the Bee's. MOST people can see the club is making positive strides but clubs are now businesses and they have very little loyalty with fans. Most of the staff no little about the 1960's QPR merger, so they don't feel loyalty.

I think the club have done well but for those who say, "sod the oldies", well when your 65+ you'll be a bit peed off! I feel sorry for those having to pay more but it is important that we all support the club because NO-ONE will complain if we get 2000 extra youngsters in GP next season, will we?
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JonnoTheBee:
I feel sorry for those having to pay more but it is important that we all support the club because NO-ONE will complain if we get 2000 extra youngsters in GP next season, will we?</font>

Yeh, all the oldies will!!

"Noisy young kids, running about all over the place, buying up all the burgers, throwing up everywhere, getting in the way, etc etc"
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
 

Sod the Aged

Yeah, bloody kids! Cheering the team on, thinking everything is brilliant. Well it's not, everything is Rubbish! Mind you, that Ron Noades has some good ideas...
 

Sod the Aged

My Dad's just retired and will not be renewing his season ticket due to the large increase. Whats wrong with £20 OAP season tickets.
 

Sod the Aged

St Helens BEE -- You have something to say about the older fans. Attacking their less than dynamic profiles.
But fail to understand the Woking implications, you are one of the reasons why this club is in deep sh*t. You have a dig at a group of OAPs, but RN is only being sensible when he tries to kill us off at Woking.
My Dad has been going to GP for 60+ years, but never complains about anything at GP. But with regards the Woking issues he got of his arse and struggled to the last Protest Meeting to get the facts.

Take a f*cking lead from his example and wise up. Don`t have a dig at a group of lifelong fans.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BricklayersBee:
St Helens BEE -- You have something to say about the older fans. Attacking their less than dynamic profiles.
But fail to understand the Woking implications, you are one of the reasons why this club is in deep sh*t. You have a dig at a group of OAPs, but RN is only being sensible when he tries to kill us off at Woking.
My Dad has been going to GP for 60+ years, but never complains about anything at GP. But with regards the Woking issues he got of his arse and struggled to the last Protest Meeting to get the facts.

Take a f*cking lead from his example and wise up. Don`t have a dig at a group of lifelong fans.
</font>


To Bricklayers you listen. Don't just reel off bollox about people with 60+ years of support behind them. I hope to rack up that kind of figure one day, but won't be able to if apathy means we end up at Woking. Quite frankly St HB you should be ashamed.
 

Sod the Aged

£20 OAP STs would be a good move I think as OAPs would probably be more loyal, i.e. go to every game as they have fewer things to do (how many pensioners do you know that own playstations?
tongue.gif
)
 

Sod the Aged

Tommy69 -- You again speak much sense for a youngun.
Just have a think about how it must be for the older fans now watching the BEES after watching the BEES when most games were 30,000 sell outs and we had a team of internationals.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tommy69:
£20 OAP STs would be a good move I think as OAPs would probably be more loyal, i.e. go to every game as they have fewer things to do (how many pensioners do you know that own playstations?
tongue.gif
)
</font>

biggrin.gif
- and how many young un's who do have PSX will have RSI long before the onset of Arthritis and suchlike. Or what I call 'Playstation thumbs'
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ghost Dog:
biggrin.gif
- and how many young un's who do have PSX will have RSI long before the onset of Arthritis and suchlike. Or what I call 'Playstation thumbs'

</font>

LOL both my thumbs have permanent blisters
freak4.gif
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ghost Dog:

To Bricklayers you listen. Don't just reel off bollox about people with 60+ years of support behind them. I hope to rack up that kind of figure one day, but won't be able to if apathy means we end up at Woking. Quite frankly St HB you should be ashamed.
</font>

Can I just say my posting above re aged fans was indeed in jest. I considered it obvious as no one would really express such a view. I'll chuck a few smilies in in future.

On Woking, you seem to have taken the view that I disagree with your picket. I have said no such thing, merely that (at present) I don't subscribe to the "No Woking under any circumstances" policy. Consequently if that is the purpose of the picket I may well cross the line to watch the game. I have no beef at all with you organising the picket, it's your viewpoint and your entitlement. What I also said on the other thread is that I will happily talk to anyone on the picket before the game if they want to persuade me not to go into the game.

And please don't accuse me of apathy - if I was apathetic I wouldn't be going to the game at all.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shaggy:
Gary has taken a view and I think on balance it is quite a fair one (and I say that as someone who has to par more as well).

I think we should congratulate the club in this instance rather than highlight every negative issue we can think of.
</font>

Mmm Shaggy, never previously had you down as a brown tongue merchant ! So you think it's fair for an Old Age Pensioner's season ticket to go up from £120 to £200 - quite a percentage increase don't you think ? No obviously I'm totally incorrect and you and Gary are right !
 

Sod the Aged

Shaggy, when you retire you'll have more of a pension then the current OAP's have now. A lot of our older generation would not have had the opportunity to save via company pension schemes like we do, they just simply weren't widely available in the '50's/60's though I stand to be corrected. Us young un's also have far more disposable income than that genre.

The club is sticking its 2 fingers up at OAP's through this hike and let us just remember that we might have some war veterans amongst us. I respect my elders even if they whinge for 90 minutes throughout a Bees game. The Club should do the same and reduce these prices now.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tommy69:
LOL both my thumbs have permanent blisters
freak4.gif
</font>

BLISTERS ya big girl!
biggrin.gif
Calluses are what you need if your'e real hardcore PSX!!!!!
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by St Helens Bee:
Can I just say my posting above re aged fans was indeed in jest. I considered it obvious as no one would really express such a view. I'll chuck a few smilies in in future.

On Woking, you seem to have taken the view that I disagree with your picket. I have said no such thing, merely that (at present) I don't subscribe to the "No Woking under any circumstances" policy. Consequently if that is the purpose of the picket I may well cross the line to watch the game. I have no beef at all with you organising the picket, it's your viewpoint and your entitlement. What I also said on the other thread is that I will happily talk to anyone on the picket before the game if they want to persuade me not to go into the game.

And please don't accuse me of apathy - if I was apathetic I wouldn't be going to the game at all.

</font>

The dog offers his paw.

I will reluctantly agree to Woking or anywhere if and only when a new stadium is under physical construction ie you can actually see the damn thing going up. It is imperative BFC has a new purpose built stadium with extra revenue facilities in order to compete in 'big' league so to speak, though this is already somewhat futile, but we have to try. I will only agree to leave beloved GP on the above conditions. I will cry like a baby but it is necessary I feel.

I think we agree SHB
confused.gif
some are No to Woking full stop, I see it as a last resort, a unfortunae stop gap whilst our new home is being BUILT not just talked about. See my post 'Hounslow Council Leader's Views' (No to Woking Forum)

St Helens Bee please join in. If we have no alternative stadium of our own under construction we must not under any circumstances leave GP

NO TO WOKING, YES TO FELTHAM

[This message has been edited by Ghost Dog (edited 08 June 2001).]
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PutneyBee:

The club is sticking its 2 fingers up at OAP's through this hike and let us just remember that we might have some war veterans amongst us. I respect my elders even if they whinge for 90 minutes throughout a Bees game. The Club should do the same and reduce these prices now.
</font>

This is a very good point, perhaps they should offer them a cheapo season ticket in a certain area of the ground...we had the family enclouse for cheap kids tickets, so how about the whinging enclosure for the OAP's?!?!
 

Sod the Aged

Well they must have got something right because last nights Gaurdian (local) claims that "season ticket sales have exceeded bugets set for the coming 12 months and BFC have sold more in the last 5 weeks than the whole of last year"
eek.gif
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by squirebrown:
Well they must have got something right because last nights Gaurdian (local) claims that "season ticket sales have exceeded bugets set for the coming 12 months and BFC have sold more in the last 5 weeks than the whole of last year"
eek.gif

</font>

An excellent idea, Let the club introduce cheap tickets for pensioners for seats in the last block of New Road, nearest to the Ealing Road End or the Paddock underneath the away seats in the Braemar.

Its got to be more economical having the old drones paying something to sit in thoise seats than cover the area with a tarpaulin.

Actually maybe we should keep the Tarpaulin, cut head holes in it and lower it from the roof so that they can all sue it as a blanket to keep warm.....
 

Sod the Aged

That bloke "Push up Brentford!" who sits in New Road. Can the club increase the price of his season ticket to £1,000 and set aside an area behind the New Road toilets for him to reside?
 

Sod the Aged

'Out Brentfooooord, Push up brentfooord, Keep it tight Brentfoooord'
biggrin.gif


I've heard him too good call SHB
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Si Bee:
I don't mind that bloke. He makes me chuckle every time.</font>

Don't get me wrong he is obviously a fanatical BEE as I can't remember a home game without him - but it is a bit annoying
biggrin.gif
 

Sod the Aged

St Helens Bee -- When you get to the Woking friendly ask for Bricklayers Bee and I will make you see the light.

NO TO WOKING
 

Sod the Aged

Push Up Brentford Push Up!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif


Nice to know some other people on here sit in that region of the ground, I'm emigrating to the Wendy House end of the New Road next year (keep away from those evil away fans), so I'll be missing him, thats for sure.
 

Sod the Aged

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Twyford Bee:
Push Up Brentford Push Up!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif


Nice to know some other people on here sit in that region of the ground, I'm emigrating to the Wendy House end of the New Road next year (keep away from those evil away fans), so I'll be missing him, thats for sure.
</font>

I sit on the 's' of 'bees' will this become the new hate corner?? If so I shall move. All those nasty ruffians!
 
Back
Top Bottom