Some old pics...

Brentford Bob

Well-known member
Joined
5 Apr 2000
Messages
12,465
Reaction score
5,178
Location
Chandlers Ford, Hants.

Some old pics...

Whilst having a COVID19 clearout, I found some old pics..... two different games. You might recognise yourself in the pitch invasion....

Great days but just how far have we come??

1Cyoy2u.jpg

QSfA5Uf.jpg

JbwA2bX.jpg

vEV2CW5.jpg

gCUYQWf.jpg
 

Some old pics...

Brilliant. Must be many many more out there?!
 

Some old pics...

These were passed onto me by Peter Hills via the GPG. Some great one off photos from the 1950's/1960's

Press Photo - Peter Hills Collection - Group 1 - Full.jpg

Press Photo - Peter Hills Collection - Ian Dargie - Full (2).jpg

Press Photo - Peter Hills Collection - Match Action 3.jpg

Press Photo - Peter Hills Collection - Player 4 - Full.jpg

Press Photo - Peter Hills Collection - 6 - Full.jpg
 

Some old pics...

Great pictures, different to others.

Good to have some shots of behind the stands as well to help remember what GP was like in its entirety.
 

Some old pics...

Great pictures. Love the old floodlights along the roof.
 

Some old pics...

.............Gentlemen in suitts and ties.............. excellent.................
 

Some old pics...

Great pictures. Paul is that last pic one of those pre season warm up games when one Bees team made up of the 1st team defence and reserve attack against a vv other? 1957 or so?

Would like to see some captions.

Those old floodlights were dreadful, the improvement when the pylons went up in 1964 was huge.
 

Some old pics...

Great pictures. Paul is that last pic one of those pre season warm up games when one Bees team made up of the 1st team defence and reserve attack against a vv other? 1957 or so.

Can't answer your question, but it looks like some of our players are Gerry Cakebread, Ian Dargie and Ken Coote.
 

Some old pics...

Great pictures. Paul is that last pic one of those pre season warm up games when one Bees team made up of the 1st team defence and reserve attack against a vv other? 1957 or so?

Would like to see some captions.

Those old floodlights were dreadful, the improvement when the pylons went up in 1964 was huge.

Can't answer your question, but it looks like some of our players are Gerry Cakebread, Ian Dargie and Ken Coote.

Yes it is. Stripes v Whites. :sorted:

I have more from Peter but they're for later. :)
 

Some old pics...

I’m sure in the 9th picture the gent to the right of the steward - he’s wearing a blue jumper, has long hair and a tash, I’m sure he was a postman around the Twickenham area in the late 80’s early 90’s, his name was Mick, used to go with brother, I’m not sure if they no longer go.
 

Some old pics...

I'm pretty sure that steward's name was Jonty. I recognise the 3 stewards in those photos.

Yes, I think you might be right. The brother of Pauline who used to manage the south stand and Paddock and much talked about on here.
 

Some old pics...

I’m sure in the 9th picture the gent to the right of the steward - he’s wearing a blue jumper, has long hair and a tash, I’m sure he was a postman around the Twickenham area in the late 80’s early 90’s, his name was Mick, used to go with brother, I’m not sure if they no longer go.
3 brothers. Andy, Chris and Mick in the picture.
Played Sunday football with 2 of them.
Good lads.
 

Some old pics...

3 brothers. Andy, Chris and Mick in the picture.
Played Sunday football with 2 of them.
Good lads.

Used to live above them in Coates Walk , many a sat afternoon sat sat on the busted sofa in their garden listening to the scores.
They also took me to my first away game at Wimbledon in 79
 

Some old pics...

As I replied to Bob on twitter, amazing pics, I’m the first from the right on the first pic, loved being a ball boy back in the day
 

Some old pics...

Thank Spider. Where did you find that ?
8 of that 11 are massive Bees fans and still go now.
No Pettefers though.
Front row furthest left is a handsome young man ����
 
Last edited:

Some old pics...

Thank Spider. Where did you find that ?
8 of that 11 are massive Bees fans and still go now.
No Pettefers though.
Front row furthest left is a handsome young man ����

Saw it on facebook. Used the earlier pettefers post to link to you.
 

Some old pics...

Yes and yes and Clive is top lft in picture.

Yeah I thought that was him. The Company I worked for in the Mid 80's had its accounts with his branch of Barclays and there he was one Sunday morning in Gunnersbury Park playing against me! I was secretary of our club (West Midd) and I'm pretty sure Geoff was for BA and I used to see him at league meetings etc.
 

Some old pics...

Some amazing old photos here, thanks for posting.
 
Back
Top Bottom