Travel Spurs (H)

badgerbee

Mafeking Avenue........gets you there!!!!
Joined
28 Jan 2008
Messages
33,453
Reaction score
31,073
Location
Langport, Somerset

Spurs (H)

For a couple of reasons I'm coming up for the Spurs game by coach on Sunday.
The return journey from Hammersmith departs at 17:30.
Shouldn't be a problem getting back there in time after the game (assuming no massive amount of additional time/drone interruptions....) but just wondered what the best/easiest/quickest way back to Hammersmith is post game? 267??
(Assume Gunnersbury station is no go due to the usual faff of it being shut for an hour after the game?)
Cheers in advance for suggestions.
 

Spurs (H)

For a couple of reasons I'm coming up for the Spurs game by coach on Sunday.
The return journey from Hammersmith departs at 17:30.
Shouldn't be a problem getting back there in time after the game (assuming no massive amount of additional time/drone interruptions....) but just wondered what the best/easiest/quickest way back to Hammersmith is post game? 267??
(Assume Gunnersbury station is no go due to the usual faff of it being shut for an hour after the game?)
Cheers in advance for suggestions.
91 bus , stop at the traffic lights of Lionel Rd is straight forward but traffic through Chiswick could cause a problem . Another get the 65 Bus to South Ealing Tube Station
 

Spurs (H)

91 bus , stop at the traffic lights of Lionel Rd is straight forward but traffic through Chiswick could cause a problem . Another get the 65 Bus to South Ealing Tube Station
?
Does 65 go to S Ealing??
Probably as quick to walk anyway I guess......
 

Spurs (H)

Or walk to Kew Gardens station and get the tube direct to Hammersmith.
I would say this is the safest route at the moment. Brentford high street is blocked up everywhere due to the implementation of a pointless cycle lane.

A walk to Kew Gardens Station is probably 20 to 25 minutes give or take and should allow plenty of time for a district to Hammersmith.
 

Spurs (H)

I think the safest route is to just start walking past Gunnersbury on the main road . Buses will come 267 and 237 goes close and he can make it on foot if they don’t. Going to kew means going the wrong way …110 also goes there now doesn’t it ?
 

Spurs (H)

I think the safest route is to just start walking past Gunnersbury on the main road . Buses will come 267 and 237 goes close and he can make it on foot if they don’t. Going to kew means going the wrong way …110 also goes there now doesn’t it ?
That'll work. It just depends on the Sunday service along Chiswick High Road. The 110 and 267 goes to Hammersmith, should take about 25 mins once you're on a bus.
 

Spurs (H)

I think the safest route is to just start walking past Gunnersbury on the main road . Buses will come 267 and 237 goes close and he can make it on foot if they don’t. Going to kew means going the wrong way …110 also goes there now doesn’t it ?
Buses ??? who in there right mind would rely on them to get anywhere on time ? plus they’re full of weirdos and freaks ….just say NO ?? walk to Kew Gardens and tube ✊
 

Spurs (H)

The walk to Chiswick Park for the District Line is about the same distance as Kew Gardens but in the 'right' direction for Hammersmith.
 

Spurs (H)

When I’ve needed tube towards London after games I’ve walked to Chiswick Park, 20 minutes. Then 10 mins on tube to Hammersmith. Plus max 10 mins wait on the platform.
Badger, where are you getting the coach to ? Might be something I’d look at as I’m a neighbour now (Pitney).
 

Spurs (H)

When I’ve needed tube towards London after games I’ve walked to Chiswick Park, 20 minutes. Then 10 mins on tube to Hammersmith. Plus max 10 mins wait on the platform.
Badger, where are you getting the coach to ? Might be something I’d look at as I’m a neighbour now (Pitney).
Pitney you say?

That’s interesting because @badgerbee is 24 Hours From Tulsa
 

Spurs (H)

Am I the only one to think 30 mins to Hammersmith is cutting it very close especially as that includes about 22 min walk?

Oops forgot it's a 2pm kickoff!
 

Spurs (H)

For a couple of reasons I'm coming up for the Spurs game by coach on Sunday.
The return journey from Hammersmith departs at 17:30.
Shouldn't be a problem getting back there in time after the game (assuming no massive amount of additional time/drone interruptions....) but just wondered what the best/easiest/quickest way back to Hammersmith is post game? 267??
(Assume Gunnersbury station is no go due to the usual faff of it being shut for an hour after the game?)
Cheers in advance for suggestions.

My specialist subject

You could walk it

‘Safest’ / easiest to get there would be from South Ealing or Acton Town. Could go to Kew Gardens.

H91 is also an option
 

Spurs (H)

Gtech to Hammersmith is half hour brisk walk give or take a few minutes looking in shops and stopping for a pee and a pint.

If Badgerbee is getting on a bit then add an hour on or get the bus with the local weirdos and freaks.
 

Spurs (H)

91 bus , stop at the traffic lights of Lionel Rd is straight forward but traffic through Chiswick could cause a problem . Another get the 65 Bus to South Ealing Tube Station
Acton Town is quicker walk and stop nearer Hammersmith
 

Spurs (H)

When I’ve needed tube towards London after games I’ve walked to Chiswick Park, 20 minutes. Then 10 mins on tube to Hammersmith. Plus max 10 mins wait on the platform.
Badger, where are you getting the coach to ? Might be something I’d look at as I’m a neighbour now (Pitney).
?
:wave:
I'm getting Berry's coaches "Superfast" service. (Having said, that it still adds on about another 4 hours to the round trip!!! ?)
Coach is to Hammersmith Bus Station
They depart from/pick up from a number of locations round here. Including Taunton, Yeovil, South Petherton. I'm going from Ilminster.
 

Spurs (H)

Buses ??? who in there right mind would rely on them to get anywhere on time ? plus they’re full of weirdos and freaks ….just say NO ?? walk to Kew Gardens and tube ✊
Buses are fine. I do agree there are some wierdos on them occassionally. On the way to the match yesterday there was someone shouting "f*** off" down their phone every few minutes. Most amusing and a look into some very different lives... The man sat next to me started a conversation with "nothing much going on in London recently is there?" and all this whilst being rained on inside the bus.
 

Spurs (H)

Is there engineering works next Sunday ? So no trains from Kew Bridge ?
Same yesterday ?
 
Last edited:

Spurs (H)

?
:wave:
I'm getting Berry's coaches "Superfast" service. (Having said, that it still adds on about another 4 hours to the round trip!!! ?)
Coach is to Hammersmith Bus Station
They depart from/pick up from a number of locations round here. Including Taunton, Yeovil, South Petherton. I'm going from Ilminster.
Thanks Badger. Good to know as a back up option.
As Sunday trains are rubbish and Sunday hotels are cheap, I’m staying up after the Spurs game.
 

Spurs (H)

I think it was just for the Lille game. Nothing planned re engineering works for Spurs game.
Nope…trains are fecked from Staines area YET AGAIN !!! ??? 1hr 22 from chertsey via clap jnc AGAIN??? SWR AHOLES ???
 

Spurs (H)

I’m travelling north for this one! Anyone recommend a pub showing this (Ilkley, Burley, Menston, Otley)?
 

Spurs (H)

Sat & Sun : No Piccadilly Line service on
Acton Town to Heathrow branch
 

Spurs (H)

Anyone know how the district line is in reality from Victoria to Kew Gardens? Says severe delays around Earl’s Court online.
 

Spurs (H)

1138 isleworth to kew all on time ?
 

Spurs (H)

Anyone know how the district line is in reality from Victoria to Kew Gardens? Says severe delays around Earl’s Court online.
Overground Victoria>Richmond>Kew Gardens or Gunnersbury is an option.
 

Spurs (H)

Yes, but it may still be quicker... it's usually an adjacent platform, about 30 mins to Richmond
TFL are showing Tube to be marginally quicker still 34 v 42 mins to Kew Gardens station but overground may be lower risk as disruption at Earls Court still showing.
 

Spurs (H)

TFL are showing Tube to be marginally quicker still 34 v 42 mins to Kew Gardens station but overground may be lower risk as disruption at Earls Court still showing.
Think we’ll do that & go CJ to Kew Bridge now. Thanks for your help.
 

Spurs (H)

It may have been flagged up earlier but, just in case, there are roadworks by St Mary's Church and South Ealing Road is a bit gummed up. Suggest allowing more time if getting the 65 from Ealing or driving that way. I've just walked by there and am currently in the Costa close to South Ealing tube.
 
Back
Top Bottom