Staines Match

Staines Match

Anyone see Newman shouting and swearing at Brooks when Brooks wouldnt pass ?

i think only probs with Brooks is that he tired to take on players and loses out, but hopefully MA will sort it out
 

Staines Match

Dudley, Skulason, Newman class!

Brooker is too light weight i feel, pulled out of too many challenges. How good was it when DJ done that old roulette and then the cross footed pass!!

Tillen had a good solid game aswell, pushed foward down the line a lot.
 

Staines Match

Brooker is too light weight i feel, pulled out of too many challenges.

Did look a tad lightweight but you've got to take into account that it was a friendly and none of the lads wanted to get cropped.
 

Staines Match

Without reading all the others.
M25 was poo, nice little drinking hole called the Anglers Arms.
Who put in the most miles for this friendly? ;)
DJ will annoy defenders and showed superb skills and quick feet.
Sam Tillen looked the part with his wing play.
Sam Sodje is no longer that smiling boy from the start of last season, he has arrived and thinks his poo doesn't stink. Lazy passes and constant bollxing from Newman who wants it played "effing easy." ;)
Sam shouted at the Lino " Do your job, do your effing job, effing useless." :eek: I thought this was a friendly.
Masters looked confident.
Oli looked composed and then found touch with most passes but did win the ball a lot.
Karleigh Osbourne?? Centre half 1st half was very solid.
Scotty P ran around like a headless chicken chasing hoofed up balls.
The 1st half was more impressive with some decent moves IMHO.
It was very hot and the Lager down the London Apprentice went down well. :sorted:
 

Staines Match

1_J_TABB said:
Brooker is too light weight i feel, pulled out of too many challenges.

Did look a tad lightweight but you've got to take into account that it was a friendly and none of the lads wanted to get cropped.


I am afraid that even during important games he is a complete bottler. Hopefully the pace and skill will make up for it.. I must say that on what I have seen so far (only 45 mins in 30 degrees) I would rather stephen hunt was playing for us!
MA does not make many mistakes so lets see how we fare when the players have spent more than 1 week together!
 

Staines Match

mhead bee said:
I am afraid that even during important games he is a complete bottler.

from mr judgement after one friendly - grow up will ya! :rolleyes:
 

Staines Match

watched the first 20 minutes then got bored (hate friendlies) and got drunk in staines bar !!!! :owusu: :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

nice shirt shame we can't buy them :nono:
 

Staines Match

1_J_TABB said:
I reckon this years squad is much better than last years. Yesterday we put out 2 sides who could hold their own in this league. We've got lots of strong players as well as tricky little players i.e Rankin, Brooker, Peters, Tabb, Campbell and Rhodes (when fit). Compare these lot to that bunch that Downes had and it's unbelievable how far we've come in a couple of years. And to Top it all off we've got :owusu: back!! If we can hang on to Sodje and bring in another creative Midfielder this could just be the year.

I'd say the first 11 is probably better, but the squad looks very thin IMHO. There were quite a few youngsters who looked useful in pre-season last year and very few of them even made it on to the bench, you've got to remember it's a massive step up from youth matches and games against the likes of Staines to regular League one appearances.. I'd be worried if we dont get in some decent centre back cover and another midfielder..
 

Staines Match

Decent showing from most of MA's troops, we created the chances to have scored 3 or 4, but we had a good point-blank save from Bankole and some sloppy finishing from Staines to thank for our clean sheet.

Skulason made some crunching tackles, and seems to want to be at the centre of everything. Few overambitious cross-field balls, and didn't always seem to be on the same wavelength as his team-mates but that's what pre-season's for I suppose. Dudley looked hungry as well, if a bit selfish. Tillen got forward well from left-back and might have finished off a good passing move the length of the pitch with a goal.

First half team seemed a bit more balanced, with Tabb and Skulason offering a good mix of security and attacking intent in the centre of midfield. Newman performed well in the holding role second half (interesting to see if MA will try and accomodate both him and Oli, and how) but Hutch didn't offer much.

I suspect Tabb will return to the wing for the season proper though, as none of the yougsters out there (Peters, Watts and Ide) looked quite ready for a regular first-team place. Brooker had a low-key 45 minutes, but I reckon he will feature. Osborne, Charles and Masters will have been happy with their contributions and Gayle performed comfortably at centre-back I thought. Sodje didn't seem to be taking the game very seriously, and almost gifted Staines a goal with some sloppy passing around his own box.

First half team:

-------------Bankole------------
O'Connor--Turner--Osborne--Tillen
Peters---Skulason---Tabb---Watts
-------Campbell-----Owusu-------

Second half team:

----------Masters-----------
Dobbo--Sodje--Gayle--Charles
Brooker--Newman--Hutch--Ide
-------Rankin----Fitz---------
 

Staines Match

Good workout.

I wasn`t overly impressed with Brooker, but it was only 45mins chaps. :eek: :eek: :eek: :idea:

Good to see the TW8 Casuals in attendance and their leader The Prophet. :wave:
 

Staines Match

NorthamptonBee said:
Without reading all the others.
M25 was poo, nice little drinking hole called the Anglers Arms.
Who put in the most miles for this friendly? ;)
DJ will annoy defenders and showed superb skills and quick feet.
Sam Tillen looked the part with his wing play.
Sam Sodje is no longer that smiling boy from the start of last season, he has arrived and thinks his poo doesn't stink. Lazy passes and constant bollxing from Newman who wants it played "effing easy." ;)
Sam shouted at the Lino " Do your job, do your effing job, effing useless." :eek: I thought this was a friendly.
Masters looked confident.
Oli looked composed and then found touch with most passes but did win the ball a lot.
Karleigh Osbourne?? Centre half 1st half was very solid.
Scotty P ran around like a headless chicken chasing hoofed up balls.
The 1st half was more impressive with some decent moves IMHO.
It was very hot and the Lager down the London Apprentice went down well. :sorted:


Who's Scotty P ?
 

Staines Match

Not the Partridge! Scott P Fitz.

Thought DJ looked like a star in the making!
 

Staines Match

Positives,

Dudley Campbell - movement & touch
Skulason - passing ability & good engine
Tillen - assured on the ball
Newman - likes a tackle & the obvious Captain I believe.

Negatives,

It's only bloody July 9th for god's sake !
 

Staines Match

I'm back folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staines Bee said:
Bloody freeloaders! :D

Is it a caption competition ? :bound:

"Martin, got any tickets I can get rid of for you ?" :sorted:


:D
 

Staines Match

Re: I'm back folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bee H said:
Is it a caption competition ? :bound:

The bloke on the right is saying :-

"Where are those ****ers Whit and John Griffin........that's the last time I go on holiday and leave them in charge.They told me that they had signed a pencil slim left sided midfield player with pace"

The bloke in the middle is saying :-

"I know that it maybe looks as if I'm not fit Martin but give me a couple of weeks and a tough three minute work-out at Bideford and............."
 

Staines Match

" Listen Patrick Duffy, you want to speak to me, you go get a clean shirt and an iron and tell your Slurrey mate to **** off to "

or

" Get me this Bish bloke as I need his help again on team selection and tactics "

or

" Listen chaps you know what`s going on don`t you, paying John M has mean`t Finchy putting the mockers on Kanoute. But what does John M do?"
 

Staines Match

Fat bloke to Martin "Do you know you could fix that tie problem with an outside ariel...."
 

Staines Match

Re: I'm back folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bee H said:
Is it a caption competition ? :bound:

"Martin, got any tickets I can get rid of for you ?" :sorted:


:D

Tell em who they are. All this fat bloke this and fat bloke that might end up in a MarkyBee ban. ;)
 

Staines Match

The H said:
if you don't know who they are, then you can't be breaking the CoC ;)


Too right, who the eff are they anyway.

The fat bloke with my nan's hair is saying "Who do you reckon Kemal or Derek?"
MA is saying that he holds no prejudices and he will give them both a trial and why are you wearing a suede jacket in this weather. Also he wants to remind him that this is an away game and we are not playing Premiership opposition. :sorted:
The smaller one is saying " Why didn't Lloyd score Mr Allen, as I wanted to do an Owusuuuuuu and had my hands up in the air all game?"
 
Last edited:

Staines Match

a rare picture :eek: i was told off once for just such a pic lol
 

Staines Match

MA to both " you useless fat tos sers , I was asking to offer trials to help our goal scoring problem ,You two look as youve never scored at or with any thing unless its been paid for , and wheres the spare tickets for this game? ,JM bought 5,000 after the last fiasco "
 
Back
Top Bottom