Stannard

loyalbee

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
22 Feb 2004
Messages
1,964
Reaction score
0
Location
Marlow/Paignton/Bournemouth

Stannard

i thourght he was staying but wasnt there today and without him julian and lenny were very poor training before the match we need him there to push our promising keepers to the limits
 

Stannard

His name wasn't in the squad in the Programme either - but then neither was Scott Fitzgerald :rolleyes:

But Buzz Bee was though!:D
 

Stannard

His absence was noted.

Perhaps that is why the managers notes mentioned more cost cutting.
 

Stannard

He could maybe of just been unwell, who knows until it is confirmed.
 

Stannard

yeah i kind of meant that :), so we might here by next season.
 

Stannard

loyalbee said:
julian and lenny were very poor training before the match

I didn't see Julian, but Lennie was really really bad. He didn't look all that interested, and hardly saved a thing.
 

Stannard

Nelson for me as he tries to command the box and has yet to learn the bad habbits that have been a constant thread under Stannard,

Sorry to criticise your hero Claire but under Stannard whilst his shot stopping was good like Julien and Nelson his control of his box deteriorated and the present panics at corners were as evident with Smithy in goal as with Julien.

Perhaps next season we can get a coach who will teach our keepers to boss their areas it is hard to imagine quiter ones than Smith and Julien, at least Nelso shouts at the defense so on that basis he would get my vote.

And really to P*** you off Claire I think Nelson is the best of the 3 !!!!! sorry
 

Stannard

This may not add to much to the great debate, and for that I apologise, but I think he is just a fat f****m ****er and the sooner he buggers off the better :)
 

Stannard

christom said:
Nelson for me as he tries to command the box and has yet to learn the bad habbits that have been a constant thread under Stannard,

Sorry to criticise your hero Claire but under Stannard whilst his shot stopping was good like Julien and Nelson his control of his box deteriorated and the present panics at corners were as evident with Smithy in goal as with Julien.

Perhaps next season we can get a coach who will teach our keepers to boss their areas it is hard to imagine quiter ones than Smith and Julien, at least Nelso shouts at the defense so on that basis he would get my vote.

And really to P*** you off Claire I think Nelson is the best of the 3 !!!!! sorry

right well i like nelson a lot and reckon he could bee the next smithy. and i cant be boverd to bee pissed off because at the end of the day, smithy is now getting top coaching at saints and will be better than he was. i felt safe when he was in goal- though i do admit he did start to lose his confidence and changed the way he played towards the end and i think that was because when it went on trial at various clubs they had different training techniques and wanted hi to do different things!
 

Stannard

Nelson

Nelsons the man, not a bad keeper at all, at least the bees defence seemed to have the confidence in him at Swindon.
But let us not forget one thing. Alan Julian is only 20 and he is an excellent prospect, please dont write him off. I can remember really good keepers like Gordon Phillips, that were nowhere as good as Julian at his age. Let's face it the lad has been chucked into the deep end. Keep going Alan you will win in the end.
 

Stannard

From what I have heard he is with us as part-time goalkeeping coach.
 

Stannard

nocoat said:
This may not add to much to the great debate, and for that I apologise, but I think he is just a fat f****m ****er and the sooner he buggers off the better :)

Ah, the voice of reason. I'd like to second the above.
 

Stannard

Brentford Bob said:
Ah, the voice of reason.

If you say so.

Stannard has been at the club since Gottskalkson and Smith were reported to be contributing their own money to pay his wages. To blame Stannard for Smith's late loss of form and Julian's inadequacies is laughable.

I wonder if the agenda with some people here is that he used to play for Fulham. Very sad if that is the case.
 

Stannard

Technic Bee x said:


I wonder if the agenda with some people here is that he used to play for Fulham.

Possibly, and the fact that he called me a "F@cking W@nker" in front of my three year old son. This is turn prompted Mrs BB to not allow junior BB anywhere near GP for the forseeable future. What a fine example to set eh?
 

Stannard

stannard was a rubbish keeper so how the hell is he ment to show our young keepers what to do when he couldnt do it himself.cant we get a proper goalie coach to help improveour young keepers and teach julian how to come of his line for crosses and dominate his penalty box.stannard always looked rubbish for gillingham .
 
Last edited:

Stannard

Yes - he did used to play for Fulham and was known (if my memory serves me correctly) as the "Flying Banana".



I can't comment on his goalkeeping strategies - please enlighten me as I'm on a tractor.


:)
 

Stannard

davewfilms said:
stannard was a rubbish keeper so how the hell is he ment to show our young keepers what to do when he couldnt do it himself.cant we get a proper goalie coach to help improveour young keepers and teach julian how to come of his line for crosses and dominate his penalty box.stannard always looked rubbish for gillingham .

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.

Why do you have to have been a great player to be a great coach.

Look at Wenger or Eriksson both nothing players who made great coaches, and people like Keegan who was a great player but couldn't coach to save his life.

Stannard obviously has some positive influence on our keepers, and having a goalkeeper coach is better than not having one, like before.
 

Stannard

I still think with us having new coaching staff a coach who has known the players a while will help us.
 

Stannard

nocoat said:
I think he is just a fat f****m ****er


Technic Bee x said:

I wonder if the agenda with some people here is that he used to play for Fulham.


lol ... dya think so... :scratch:
 

Stannard

Edmundo said:
... or until the club sees fit to tell us. :(

I'm sure it's no more sinister than the club's silence about Forzoni's departure until the employment tribunal had made their ruling :( Walk to Hartlepool next season anyone :rolleyes:
 

Stannard

There is little point in critiscising our keepers. Remember we have only seen Nelson a few times so can have little opinion. Julian has come in and played superbly within his limitations. For how good you want him to be he would be playing for England. I cannot believe that many whom are making comments here actually go and see the games. He made a superb save vs Rushden when we were only 1-0 up and for me was equal man of the match at Hartlepool. Last saturday he kept us in the game in the first half. Clearly he needs coaching but has far more talent and is better even at this stage than for example Andy Woodman ever was. Just encourage him.
 

Stannard

encourage every playe, we all want the same thing, brentford football club winning games.
 
Back
Top Bottom