Steve Sidwell

finchbee

Gambler
Joined
8 Jan 2001
Messages
4,072
Reaction score
13
Location
Wokingham, Berks

Steve Sidwell

Just seen on the official site that Sidwell has a dilemma on whether to play for Brentford in the playoff final shopuld we get there or play in the Toulon Tournament with the U20.
If we do get to Cardiff I hope he backs club before country. We would miss him against Cardiff and he would endeer himself to the Bees
 

Steve Sidwell

Blimey, that is a dilemma! It's great news for Steven, it shows people out there are acknowledging him but bad news for us if we progress through to the final. Who would replace him for a start? I say, Steven, stay & play for us, but I would say that as I'm a Brentford supporter.
 

Steve Sidwell

I believe he would want to play and finish what he has played an instrumental role in starting. He has turned them down twice before so we have no reason to believe he wouldn't again.
 

Steve Sidwell

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't play for us - let's face it, he won't get many chances to play at the Millennium Stadium in his career, even if he goes on to be world class. Whereas, I'm sure that he'll play abroad a few more times for an England team.

If he does go with the England team, then it would probably be O'Connor or Hutchinson to take his place. I know which of the 3 I'd plump for.

Anyway, let's get to Cardiff first. Come on you Bees!
 

Steve Sidwell

He'll play.
It's amazing, our current crop of players actually seem to really like us fans!
Can't think why... :rolleyes:
 

Steve Sidwell

Originally posted by PAZ:
It's amazing, our current crop of players actually seem to really like us fans!

unlike the Board of Directors then eh !
 

Steve Sidwell

Well he certainly seemed to be enjoying himself last night.

Come on Steve you may never get another chance to play for the Bees, you can play for England anytime!!! :D :D :D
 

Steve Sidwell

Coppell confirmed the copper-top superstar will play for us next Saturday.
 

Steve Sidwell

Brilliant news from SC that SSS is playing next Saturday.

Considering he is on loan he really does appreciate the fans and always applauds us before & after every game.

Deffo Top Man is our Stevie Siddy!!
 

Steve Sidwell

Sidwell has an amazing opurtunity with the England squad so therefore if he does opt for Brentford then I think will we be in debt to the geezer for the rest of our lives!
What a amazing attitude he has!
 

Steve Sidwell

A big thank you to Sid if it is true that he would sooner play for us next week than England. It would be a tough decision for a full paid up member of the Bees let alone someone on loan. Deserves a real special shout in Cardiff.
 

Steve Sidwell

I think he'll have opportunites with England throughout his career as I am sure he could play at the very top. He has an old head on young shoulders and really impressed me last night. Certainly a player I will always follow and say I saw him play for the Bees!
 

Steve Sidwell

Top man. If this is true. They saud on the ITV coverage about it, John Hendrie commented that although it is Eng U20 he may never get anotherchance to play at the Millenium Stadium
 

Steve Sidwell

SSS-what a fantasitic advocat of the game. It just shows that not all young players care about money and playing pointless matches for England U20
 

Steve Sidwell

If its true he is opting to play in the Final then it is a fantastic gesture on his part to forsake another England appearance for us.
His performances over the run-in to the season have been superb...to be that composed in games of such pressure for such a young player is testament to the man.
Cheers Stevie....you are doing us proud.
 

Steve Sidwell

A young player on loan to a 'second' div team puts the loan team before his country.

The man is a star, I will raise many a glass to the man that is SUPER STEVIE SIDWELL.

I am almost speachless that one so young could make a sacrifice so great for our club.

Thank you Stevie Sidwell.
 

Steve Sidwell

I have only just spotted the latest posts on this thread, and if it's true, it is great news, but I have seen nothing OFFICAL on the Brentford site or elsewhere.

Has it been announced officially?

If he does play next Saturday, the man will have my full support wherever he plays in future (even if it with Arsenal!) - unless he is playing against us.

I had a sneaking suspicion he would play for us but, as somebody else said on this thread, the gesture deserves a very special round of applause next week. Part of his blood is clearly red and white stripes!
 

Steve Sidwell

I thought it was posted somewhere officially, and he is definitely playing for us.

He said something about realising that if it wasn't for us, he would never have broken into the England U20 squad this season anyway, and therefore he owes it to us for having faith in him and giving him the opportunity.

Fair enough.
 

Steve Sidwell

Thanks Steve for what you have done whilst you've been here.

I think you're as good a propect as Parlour at Arsenal,but my only concern the amount of foreigners lining up for the Gunners now.

I digress,have a blinder for us on saturday and help us into the 1st.

Cheers mate.
 

Steve Sidwell

I would put my last penny on Steve turning out for us in Cardiff. What a stage for the young man......

Maybe when we are in Div 1 next year Arsene "I didnt see it" Wenger might let us have SSS for another season?? It makes sense for both parties.

Unless Steve changes his name to Stephane I cant see him getting a game. Once Dixon, Adams and Keown have gone you probably wont see another outfield playing Englishman get a game.

The flame haired diddicoy only gets in because Wenger knows the saying "Parlour vous Francais?"..... :D :D :D...which gives him more on a French connection than Gene Hackman, who is being looked at by Pat Rice
:eek:

[ 04 May 2002: Message edited by: Markybee ]
 

Steve Sidwell

Originally posted by alikat:
I have only just spotted the latest posts on this thread, and if it's true, it is great news, but I have seen nothing OFFICAL on the Brentford site or elsewhere.

Has it been announced officially?

If he does play next Saturday, the man will have my full support wherever he plays in future (even if it with Arsenal!) - unless he is playing against us.

I had a sneaking suspicion he would play for us but, as somebody else said on this thread, the gesture deserves a very special round of applause next week. Part of his blood is clearly red and white stripes!

Steve Coppell mentioned after the Huddersfield game that Siddy wanted to play for us and you can listen to it here:
http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/today/view/breaking_news_detail/0,,10421~214709,00.html
 

Steve Sidwell

Thanks, Mark. I wondered whether it might be in there, but when I played this at the time, the sound quality on my machine was very faint and thus I could barely hear anything. But I'm pleased to hear that he wants to play for us next week. Well done, Steve - top man.
 

Steve Sidwell

What ever Steve decides to do next week I would like to think that every Bees fan would back him 100%.I think him & big Ben have shown total commitment to the Bees fantastic season & I will keep an eye on their careers.Come on you Bees. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

Steve Sidwell

Originally posted by WARRENBEE:
What ever Steve decides to do next week I would like to think that every Bees fan would back him 100%.I think him & big Ben have shown total commitment to the Bees fantastic season & I will keep an eye on their careers.Come on you Bees. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ditto
 

Steve Sidwell

Big respect to the man, he has even said that if it wasn't for the bees, he would not have been noticed. Also recommended that any young player should go to us as experience for future years, looks good if we do go up and keep all our players and SC, may get some more young stars on loan.
Superb gesture turning out for us on Saturday, and seems like the lad has his feet on the ground despite all the 'Arsenal's next Viera' accolade.
 

Steve Sidwell

Sounds like we should be giving Sidders a rousing "Sidwell for England" chant in Cardiff to show our appreciation for his loyalty to the Bees.
 

Steve Sidwell

Too right, lets hope its not his last game for the club and we can agree with Arsenal to have him for another season
 
Back
Top Bottom