Stockport County

Stockport County

Can't exactly remember when but recall visiting EP and they sent a chap road to collect donations for the stand. It was wooden and probably needed to be changed to something less flammable.

They sold Kevin Francis to pay for it in the end.

Better than Holdsworth!
 

Stockport County

Signed. A club that has really fallen on hard times, would be great to see them back in the League before too long.
 

Stockport County

Went there in 2005 and for the FA Cup game in 2006. Both under Martin Allen and great memories from both.

Signed.
 

Stockport County

Signed. Pretty sure I dragged my daughter here on one of the Saturdays I had her some time back and the coach travel was discounted to 2 quid.
 

Stockport County

Signed.
Only went there once.
Was on a Monday nigh tin 1977 and a 1-1 draw.
Odd town!
 

Stockport County

done

save Stockporto !
 

Stockport County

Done
 

Stockport County

went to the fa cup game and one other that I seem to have completely forgotten although I do remember the supporters coach on the way home the sun roof blew off on the mway making it a very cold journey
 

Stockport County

They sold Kevin Francis to pay for it in the end.

Better than Holdsworth!

Taller? Yes. Better? :laugh: Ya cheeky Lancs. scamp. Get away with ya. :laugh:

ps. Signed :sorted:
 

Stockport County

Taller? Yes. Better? :laugh: Ya cheeky Lancs. scamp. Get away with ya. :laugh:

ps. Signed :sorted:

Francis: 88 goals in 152 games for Stockport. 1 every 1.73 games. Now a Mountie in Canada.

Holdsworth: 53 goals in 110 games for Brentford. 1 every 2.08 games. Not a Mountie.
 

Stockport County

Signed, my local club. Seen us play a few times, including Big Ben coming on as sub, he gave us the biggest claps pissing off the home fans.
3hrs later, met him in a local Spar, very nice bloke.
 

Stockport County

We could have been in the same situation as Stockport, if not for bucket shakers and ultimately Mr Benham. The Bees have been lucky.
 

Stockport County

Signed. Would love them to do a Newport and somehow fight their way back to league football.
 

Stockport County

went to the fa cup game and one other that I seem to have completely forgotten although I do remember the supporters coach on the way home the sun roof blew off on the mway making it a very cold journey
I remember that trip . You me and john disscounted coach trip .
 

Stockport County

Ah Stockporto - who can ever forget Heathrow T1 and the peas ! rofl

At least myself and Chappers actually made it to Manchester Airport. Chappers then flew back again :shrug: But I valiantly caught a cab to the ground. :cool:
 

Stockport County

Signed.
Only went there once.
Was on a Monday nigh tin 1977 and a 1-1 draw.
Odd town!

was that the one we took about 40 odd to mate ?
 

Stockport County

First time I went there was for a Friday night game against Doncaster Rovers.

I think we were playing a Sunday game and we also went to Newcastle on the Saturday.

I was a mad youngster those days.
 

Stockport County

According to Manchester Evening News Stockport Council have offered to buy the ground and lease it back to the club.

The council will actually borrow the money to pay for the ground. An outstanding gesture.
 

Stockport County

It's a unanimous 'YES'. The council will now be making an unconditional offer to buy the ground. News that the recommendation by the SMBC Group Leaders to buy EP has been accepted
 

Stockport County

Francis: 88 goals in 152 games for Stockport. 1 every 1.73 games. Now a Mountie in Canada.

Holdsworth: 53 goals in 110 games for Brentford. 1 every 2.08 games. Not a Mountie.

Pah! Statistics! What a load of nonsense... :sneakoff:
 
Back
Top Bottom