Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

I understand the point about patience but I can't believe anyone WON'T be disappointed if we don't go up. There are two automatic promotion places plus the lottery of the play offs which historically for us are a waste of time. For as long as I can remember there has always been a heavyweight club in this division, Leeds, Southampton, Charlton, Wednesday etc etc. next season could be Wolves.

This season the heavyweight are less so. Cov are not currently in the mix and even Shef U are by no means out of sight. No, we have a huge opportunity THIS season. If we don't take it we could be stuck with L1 for several more seasons. Please don't adopt a doesn't matter mentality. It matters. Massively.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Think everyone wants the same and for the first time that I can recall the club are making the possibility of promotion a bit more than just a Pipe Dream

I have no doubt that those clubs around us are having similar conversations dissecting tactics and squads ad nauseum

We have the players capable of doing it, we have a manager with the determination to do it, we have a club that's making it possible and supporters who are desperate for it.

We now need Lady Luck to smile upon us but if its not to be we should all accept that it will not be for lack of effort
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

How will 1 season make any difference? Why would an extra season in league 1 change things, dont see how that would lessen the challenge, but open to your thoughts.
I think the best illustration of the difference one season can make is by looking at the development and improvement of Simon Moore, Harlee Dean, Adam Forshaw, Harry Forrester etc. - no doubt there will be other examples within the club which can be cited. Look at the improvement in UR's tactical approach and use of substitutions after a season's further experience. Also, we are now winning games which we know we would have lost last season. WE ALL want Championship football - but we need to plan for how we will be better able to sustain it, rather than immediately fighting a relegation battle, which none of us want. If as I believe we will, we maintain our progress in all areas of the club and become financially sustainable promotion is going to come sooner rather than later albeit if not this season.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

So I am confused are saying we want Dallas in the team cos he wants to go up this year or we don't want him in the team cos he wants to be patient and more prepared to then try and go up next year......or am in in the wrong thread? :)
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

believe people were going up, believe championship football next season.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

How will 1 season make any difference? Why would an extra season in league 1 change things, dont see how that would lessen the challenge, but open to your thoughts.
As 'gwatson' so eloquently put it (post #453, above), one extra season in Lge One won't "lessen the challenge" of the Championship, but since we have such a new, young management set-up and playing squad etc, it could/should improve their ability to meet that challenge.

Don't get me wrong, if offered automatic promotion this season, I'd still take it like a shot!

But no-one should underestimate the challenge that the Championship will bring. And I would be afraid if we are forced to "run before we can walk", we could start the season with more defeat and disappointment that this team is used to, which could lead to a drop in morale, a crisis of confidence and before you know it, the better players prepare to leave, and Uwe finds it difficult to sign adequate replacements to a club which is struggling like eg Peterboro are now.

I repeat, I'd still take Automatic Promotion if offered, but won't be that disappointed if we fall just a little short, since I am very confident that both team and club are improving steadily under UR/MW/MB, and see no reason why that can't continue next season, should we still be in Lge One.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

I understand the point about patience but I can't believe anyone WON'T be disappointed if we don't go up. There are two automatic promotion places plus the lottery of the play offs which historically for us are a waste of time. For as long as I can remember there has always been a heavyweight club in this division, Leeds, Southampton, Charlton, Wednesday etc etc. next season could be Wolves.

This season the heavyweight are less so. Cov are not currently in the mix and even Shef U are by no means out of sight. No, we have a huge opportunity THIS season. If we don't take it we could be stuck with L1 for several more seasons. Please don't adopt a doesn't matter mentality. It matters. Massively.
If we're still in Lge One next season, we could well be up against two or three more "Big Teams" in the Division, as you say.

But if we get promoted to the Championship, we will be up against 15 or 20 more "Big Teams"...:eek:
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Wow.
I think one more season in League One is vital too, it will make us better fans and we can look at ways to improve the pitch, the catering facilities, the stewarding and the turnstiles for the Championship the season or two after.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

As 'gwatson' so eloquently put it (post #453, above), one extra season in Lge One won't "lessen the challenge" of the Championship, but since we have such a new, young management set-up and playing squad etc, it could/should improve their ability to meet that challenge.

Don't get me wrong, if offered automatic promotion this season, I'd still take it like a shot!

But no-one should underestimate the challenge that the Championship will bring. And I would be afraid if we are forced to "run before we can walk", we could start the season with more defeat and disappointment that this team is used to, which could lead to a drop in morale, a crisis of confidence and before you know it, the better players prepare to leave, and Uwe finds it difficult to sign adequate replacements to a club which is struggling like eg Peterboro are now.

I repeat, I'd still take Automatic Promotion if offered, but won't be that disappointed if we fall just a little short, since I am very confident that both team and club are improving steadily under UR/MW/MB, and see no reason why that can't continue next season, should we still be in Lge One.

Don't think life is like that, its all about grabbing the opportunity with both hands when it comes along, and lets face it this is the best opportunity we have had for a while. There are no guarantees next season, we cannot pick and choose. I know is it not very Brentford but its time to be bold, it is our time. Too many supporters have been fed for too long on the next season it will happen story. Anything other than promotion this season and I will be gutted.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

If we're still in Lge One next season, we could well be up against two or three more "Big Teams" in the Division, as you say.

But if we get promoted to the Championship, we will be up against 15 or 20 more "Big Teams"...:eek:

Yes, of which we need 3 to be worse than us.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Wow.
I think one more season in League One is vital too, it will make us better fans and we can look at ways to improve the pitch, the catering facilities, the stewarding and the turnstiles for the Championship the season or two after.

That's the spirit ;)
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

There is a big difference between then and now, not least the long-term planning and investment from MB/MW/UR etc.

I suspect that the wiser of the players will appreciate that they can still be better off by going up to the Championship a season later, if it's with a stable club which is ready for it, rather than transferring to a bigger club like eg Wolves, Sheff Wed or Ipswich, where life is a struggle, and they're not guaranteed to start games anyhow.

On top of which, Uwe and his team have proven that Brentford's scouting network is functioning very well, so that I've no doubt they're already planning how to replace Harry or Adam etc, should they leave before we go up.

true, but i think if we dont go up Harry will definitely go, and there have been rumours about other players too. Whilst MB puts money into the club etc we will probably still have to sell players, particularly if they WANT to leave (see gary alexander for details)

scouting network all good etc but sometimes it takes players time to settle - over a season in the case of Harry Forrester.

i'd prefer to get out of this division and worry about it then . both times we've come close before (coppell, allen) we've then got relegated shortly afterwards - yes with a different overall set up
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

What would you do if a big championship club comes in and offers you a contract on 8-10K per week ... ?......................I'm sure Adam and Harlee have an agreement that the club wouldn't stand in there way ......... If we don't go up I can see a few of our young players leaving.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

i'd prefer to get out of this division and worry about it then . both times we've come close before (coppell, allen) we've then got relegated shortly afterwards - yes with a different overall set up

We didn't get relegated after Coppell we flirted with relegtion, we previously got relegated after Webb.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

As 'gwatson' so eloquently put it (post #453, above), one extra season in Lge One won't "lessen the challenge" of the Championship, but since we have such a new, young management set-up and playing squad etc, it could/should improve their ability to meet that challenge.

Don't get me wrong, if offered automatic promotion this season, I'd still take it like a shot!

But no-one should underestimate the challenge that the Championship will bring. And I would be afraid if we are forced to "run before we can walk", we could start the season with more defeat and disappointment that this team is used to, which could lead to a drop in morale, a crisis of confidence and before you know it, the better players prepare to leave, and Uwe finds it difficult to sign adequate replacements to a club which is struggling like eg Peterboro are now.

I repeat, I'd still take Automatic Promotion if offered, but won't be that disappointed if we fall just a little short, since I am very confident that both team and club are improving steadily under UR/MW/MB, and see no reason why that can't continue next season, should we still be in Lge One.

Whether we get promotion this season or whenever the step up to the championship will be absolutely huge. To have a chance of survival we will need all the extra TV revenue etc to be used very shrewdly. We do have some talented and promising players at the club but the squad as it stands would not cut it in the championship IMHO.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Get on thread folks - this is supposed to be the Stuart Dallas thread.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

What happened to the other lad from ireland i think it was whose name escapes me that we thought was coming and went to swansea?? cant remember his name or would look it up
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Rory Donnolly. Still at Swansea
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

does he have a small penis ? Essential .If he can add that he's a Billy No Mates the gigs as good as his

Sorry I don't meet the person spec. Huge penis, beautiful wife & lots of friends! Now back to Stuart Dallas ----------------.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Whether we get promotion this season or whenever the step up to the championship will be absolutely huge. To have a chance of survival we will need all the extra TV revenue etc to be used very shrewdly. We do have some talented and promising players at the club but the squad as it stands would not cut it in the championship IMHO.

Don't you think Uwe is fully aware that this squad wouldn't be strong enough to maintain Championship football ?...........IF we go up we'll need to add and strengthen in some areas..........but it will help us keep the likes of Adam, Harlee and Simon Moore
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Don't you think Uwe is fully aware that this squad wouldn't be strong enough to maintain Championship football ?...........IF we go up we'll need to add and strengthen in some areas..........but it will help us keep the likes of Adam, Harlee and Simon Moore

It's a debate that we'll all be pleased to have when we get to the promised land....................
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Wow.
I think one more season in League One is vital too, it will make us better fans and we can look at ways to improve the pitch, the catering facilities, the stewarding and the turnstiles for the Championship the season or two after.
(Assuming the above is sarcasm), I would point out that no-one (including me) actively wants another season in Lge One.

Rather, we're just saying that another season needn't be a disaster.

In fact, an extra season of preparation and experience for what is a very young team could make us better prepared for the challenge of staying in the Championship (rather than struggling and coming right back down again, like the last time)
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Too many supporters have been fed for too long on the next season it will happen story.
Yep, but they were fed the "next season" line by a Board which were at best a bunch of incompetents, and at worst a bunch of rogues.

The present owners/management are much more substantial and reliable etc, so if we don't get promoted this season, they undoubtedly deserve more of our patience and understanding.

Anything other than promotion this season and I will be gutted.
Would you have said that even as recently as six months ago?

I mean, it's not as if the Bees have been "knocking on the door of Promotion" for the last 3 or 4 seasons, like eg Huddersfield were, before they finally clinched it.

(But so there be no doubt, I repeat what I posted earlier, if offered Promotion this season, I'd still take it like a shot!)
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

What would you do if a big championship club comes in and offers you a contract on 8-10K per week ... ?......................I'm sure Adam and Harlee have an agreement that the club wouldn't stand in there way ......... If we don't go up I can see a few of our young players leaving.
Exactly the same could happen if we were in the Championship. In fact, if the team did OK up until Xmas, demonstrating that at least some of the players could cut it at that level, that would arguably make us more vulnerable to a bigger Championship club coming in and offering to double (treble?) eg Harry or Adam's wages, on a 3 year contract, playing in front of regular 20k crowds.

I mean, promotion didn't mean that Huddersfield were able to keep Jordan Rhodes from signing for Blackburn, did it?
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Exactly the same could happen if we were in the Championship. In fact, if the team did OK up until Xmas, demonstrating that at least some of the players could cut it at that level, that would arguably make us more vulnerable to a bigger Championship club coming in and offering to double (treble?) eg Harry or Adam's wages, on a 3 year contract, playing in front of regular 20k crowds.

I mean, promotion didn't mean that Huddersfield were able to keep Jordan Rhodes from signing for Blackburn, did it?

We could be playing in front of 20k crowds soon. :bound:
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Was surprised to see him spend the whole of half time chatting to his mates or family in the away supporters end rather than warming up with all the other subs.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Was surprised to see him spend the whole of half time chatting to his mates or family in the away supporters end rather than warming up with all the other subs.

He was trying to persuade them to give the wheels of the team bus back
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

...............stand out performer today................
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Yes agree he was our main positive force
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

...............ever so direct and a threat down both wings ............
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

He shone in a poor side. Whilst he has rightly worked his way into the first team squad I am not sure he is ready to be first choice and our promotion saviour just yet
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Even if he deserves to start for moment I think he has more value to us as an impact sub.

Agreed just for the time being until he scores then he will be truly buzzing with confidence
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

he could have had 5/6 assists on Saturday if there was someone on the end of his crosses to put the ball in the net
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Yep, but they were fed the "next season" line by a Board which were at best a bunch of incompetents, and at worst a bunch of rogues.

The present owners/management are much more substantial and reliable etc, so if we don't get promoted this season, they undoubtedly deserve more of our patience and understanding.

Would you have said that even as recently as six months ago?

I mean, it's not as if the Bees have been "knocking on the door of Promotion" for the last 3 or 4 seasons, like eg Huddersfield were, before they finally clinched it.

(But so there be no doubt, I repeat what I posted earlier, if offered Promotion this season, I'd still take it like a shot!)

Six months ago was six months ago, now is now. Surely you change your view on the additional information that you accumulate as the season progresses. Similar to starting with a squad of players at game 1 but by game 20 several have come and gone because they were either unable to perform or others brought in because they became available and improved the team. Everything has moved on since day 1, sorry you cant seem to see that.
 
Last edited:

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Is Stuart injured? Surprised not in the squad on Friday. I presume that he will be in squad for Monday given the wide MK Dons pitch which he could exploit if brought on with 20/25 minutes to go. The challenge for Uwe though is that he would potentially have 4 forward players on bench in Forrester (although I would start with him against MK Dons), Trotta, German and Dallas plus the attack minded Forshaw leaving only Hodson covering the defensive positions. Also Jake had a significant impact in reverse fixture.
 

Stuart Dallas - Old thread

Is Stuart injured? Surprised not in the squad on Friday. I presume that he will be in squad for Monday given the wide MK Dons pitch which he could exploit if brought on with 20/25 minutes to go. The challenge for Uwe though is that he would potentially have 4 forward players on bench in Forrester (although I would start with him against MK Dons), Trotta, German and Dallas plus the attack minded Forshaw leaving only Hodson covering the defensive positions. Also Jake had a significant impact in reverse fixture.

Played in the Development Squad against QPR so I assume he would be avaliable. Hope he is involved in the squad over the coming games. Great lad with bags of potential and offers us a directness and crossing ability we otherwise lack.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom