Team for Barnsley

WisBee

Well-known member
Joined
31 Jul 2004
Messages
11,178
Reaction score
4
Location
Up the road from NCFC (again - I think permanent t

Team for Barnsley

........I hope it's not too early to start wondering what we might see next Sunday?.........

Do we have more of the same, do we 'tweak' one or two personnel and/or the system, or do we pretend this is the first game of the season with a fully-fit squad to choose from?

My starter for ten:-

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Mokotjo DaSilva Yearwood
Canos Karelis Watkins

Subs
Daniels
Jeanvier
Norgaard
Jensen
Valencia
Mbeumo
Benrahma


Yep, I know I'll get shouted down, wouldn't be the first, won't be the last - but my thinking is that what we've had these last couple of matches hasn't worked, so let's just see about a root and branch repair
 

Team for Barnsley

:owusu:

Your dropping Benrahma wow, I know he isn't playing at his best but I think its a fitness problem especially not getting a pre-season under his belt due too injury, he will get better the more games he play's so should be starting every game. Apart from this I would attend too agree with your selection.
 

Team for Barnsley

--------------------Raya-------------------
Dalsgaard-Jansson-Pinnock-Henry
----------------------Norgaard------------
------------Mokotjo------------------------
----------------------Jensen---------------
--Canos-------- Karelis------- Watkins

Slightly tough on Mbeumo (considering previous games as a whole) but I think it would be massively unfair to drop Canos at the moment so have to give him the nod and use others as super-subs. I think he'll become first choice.
Karelis isn't match sharp yet imo but did the odd nice thing so would try to get him match-sharp ASAP by playing him (can always shuffle for Watkins later if needed).
Benrahma wasn't at his best and can use him as a super-sub before he's back to first-name on teamsheet.
That formation gives us a lot of latitude to freshen things up in attack when we need to and still got Da-Silva to push any of the other midfielders for a spot if they're not performing (same for Jeanvier/Pinnock whoever plays).
 

Team for Barnsley

We can all see what isn’t working but listening to Frank and Dalsgaard talking after the game the mantra is how much more solid we are looking.

We know that it isn’t as simple as that. We have only conceded six goals but we are creating so little mainly because the supply line isn’t working.

We need a central defender to move the ball forward quicker or more bodies, legs and energy in midfield but I cannot see Frank changing the formation and he will simply hope that Norgaard and Jensen will grow into the role.

The time I think he will select for Barnsley is.

Raya

Dalsgaard
Jeanvier
Janssen
Pinnock
Henry

Norgaard
Jensen

Canos
Watkins
Mbeumo
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Pontus Jeanvier Henry
Jensen Norgaard Kamo
Watkins Karelis Mbeumo
subs: Daniels, Canos, Said, Pinnock, DaSilva, Thompson, Valencia
 

Team for Barnsley

Maybe it could be worth trying Thompson at full back as Henry seems off the boil, I was quite impressed by him in the Cambridge game although he did tire towards the end.
 

Team for Barnsley

This game has got 0-0 written all over it.
 

Team for Barnsley

If we are to go back to 433 I would wait for a home game to do it.

I would play Henrik on the right though, move Canos up for Mbuemo, and replace either Jensen or Noorgard with Kamo. Not sure Karelis is ready to start but a definite option if we are as power puff as we were yesterday.
 

Team for Barnsley

Maybe it could be worth trying Thompson at full back as Henry seems off the boil, I was quite impressed by him in the Cambridge game although he did tire towards the end.

No way, he is one of our better players this season. If Thompson is doing well in training surely Frank would start him over Rico but obviously he is not. Has for the Cambridge game I agree he looked ok playing against a League two team, but Ollie and Rico looked a class above the rest when they came on.
 

Team for Barnsley

The problem we have is things aren't gelling so changing the entire midfield or defence would be madness. I can't see Frank changing to 4 at the back away from home. If Racic is fit we might see him come back in as he is the one CB we have who is comfortable on the ball and capable of bringing it out. We might see some changes up front though with perhaps Karelis starting and hopefully making 60 mins and Ollie going wide. Would like to see Valencia on the bench as he has pace and is supposedly very good one v one (though we're yet to see it), so would be a good option to bring on late if all is not working out. May be worth trying DaSilva in place of Jensen who has struggled since his early impressive start. Otherwise would keep the majority as we generally don't look like conceding which is the basis of all top teams..

Raya, Dalsgaard, Racic, Jansson, Jeanvier, Henry. Norgaard, DaSilva, Benrahma, Karelis, Watkins

Subs: Gunnarsson, Pinnock, Canos, Jensen, Mbuemo, Mokotjo, Valencia.

Means the sub bench has a lot more effective options for if we either want to see it out or have to go for it.
 

Team for Barnsley

4 2 3 1

Dalsgaard
Pinnok
Pontus
Henry

Dasilva
Kamo

Ollie
Said
Canos

Karelis
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Pontus Jeanvier
Canos Jensen Da Silva Henry
Benrahma Bryan Watkins

Frank doesn't make big changes so one positional and Da Silva in for Norgaard
 

Team for Barnsley

I hope Frank starts with Pinnock, who must be busting to play up there, and Henrik reverts to right wing back... that, and play a front three who have been introduced to each other.
 

Team for Barnsley

No way, he is one of our better players this season. If Thompson is doing well in training surely Frank would start him over Rico but obviously he is not. Has for the Cambridge game I agree he looked ok playing against a League two team, but Ollie and Rico looked a class above the rest when they came on.

Recent games IMO Rico has looked poor, he is not getting down the wing as he used to, but agree TF has seen both in training so he has the say so.
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Pontus Jeanvier
Canos Jensen Da Silva Henry
Benrahma Bryan Watkins

Frank doesn't make big changes so one positional and Da Silva in for Norgaard

DaSilva isn't disciplined enough to take over from Norgaard, if he plays he needs to be further forward. Norgaard was one of the better players on Sat anyway so doesn't deserve to be dropped
 

Team for Barnsley

I would change it all and go 5-3-2 Pinnonck for Canos and Henrik moving to wing back. Moko Dasilva and Jenson in midfield with Said and Watkins up front. Somerhing needs to change.
 

Team for Barnsley

We can all see what isn’t working but listening to Frank and Dalsgaard talking after the game the mantra is how much more solid we are looking.

We know that it isn’t as simple as that. We have only conceded six goals but we are creating so little mainly because the supply line isn’t working.

We need a central defender to move the ball forward quicker or more bodies, legs and energy in midfield but I cannot see Frank changing the formation and he will simply hope that Norgaard and Jensen will grow into the role.

The time I think he will select for Barnsley is.

Raya

Dalsgaard
Jeanvier
Janssen
Pinnock
Henry

Norgaard
Jensen

Canos
Watkins
Mbeumo

I predict no goals with that team
 

Team for Barnsley

4 2 3 1

Dalsgaard
Pinnok
Pontus
Henry

Dasilva
Kamo

Ollie
Said
Canos

Karelis

That's a bit risky.

Only starting with ten, and no goalkeeper.
 

Team for Barnsley

I expect TF to start with same formation and team, I don't think he sees a problem with his selection or formation.
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya

Dalsgaard
Janssen
Pinnock
Henry

Norgaard
Mokotjo
Jensen

Canos
Mbeumo
Watkins

Looks good, though not entirely convinced Mbuemo is ready to play up front on his own and I don't think you can leave Benrahma out as he needs game time and has that something extra special that can change a game in an instant..
 

Team for Barnsley

Looks good, though not entirely convinced Mbuemo is ready to play up front on his own and I don't think you can leave Benrahma out as he needs game time and has that something extra special that can change a game in an instant..

It’s so difficult. I actually like the solidity of the three at the back but hate the problems it’s causing further up the pitch.

Said isn’t worth a place at the moment. Canos is.

As for the striker. Until Karelis gets fully fit every other option is a gamble and compromise.
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Norgaard
Mokotjo Jensen
Mbeumo Watkins Benrahma
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya

Dalsgaard
Janssen
Pinnock
Henry

Mokotjo
Jensen
da silva

Canos
Mbeumo
Benrahma
 

Team for Barnsley

Time to move to 4-3-3

Raya
Henry
Jansson
Jeanvier
Dalsgaard
Mokotjo
DaSilva
Jensen
Benhrama
Watkins
Karelis
 

Team for Barnsley

We can all see what isn’t working but listening to Frank and Dalsgaard talking after the game the mantra is how much more solid we are looking.

We know that it isn’t as simple as that. We have only conceded six goals but we are creating so little mainly because the supply line isn’t working.

We need a central defender to move the ball forward quicker or more bodies, legs and energy in midfield but I cannot see Frank changing the formation and he will simply hope that Norgaard and Jensen will grow into the role.

The time I think he will select for Barnsley is.

Raya

Dalsgaard
Jeanvier
Janssen
Pinnock
Henry

Norgaard
Jensen

Canos
Watkins
Mbeumo

I think the supply line is stuttering in midfield (not from the back) - and is really highlighting just how much we're missing Sawyers (which we quickly need to move on from). "John" Jensen is sitting way too deep and not playing with the level of pace and urgency to get us on the attack quickly enough. Let Norgaard hold and Jensen provide the flair and creativity needed going forward.
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Mokotjo Jensen
Benrhama
Mbuemo Watkins Canos
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Mokotjo DaSilva
Canos Benrahma Watkins
Nikos
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Mokotjo DaSilva
Canos Benrahma Watkins
Nikos

Agree with this starting 11, time for some changes in our formation and in midfield. Nikos isn’t going to get up to speed sitting on the bench! If he flags then Mbuemo can come on up top or Watkins can move there.
 

Team for Barnsley

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Henry
Mokotjo DaSilva
Canos Benrahma Watkins
Nikos

I agree mostly with your selection but I would play Norgard in place of Canos and have him sitting between back 4 and Mokojo and Da Silva
 

Team for Barnsley

Maybe it could be worth trying Thompson at full back as Henry seems off the boil, I was quite impressed by him in the Cambridge game although he did tire towards the end.

Bonkers. We’re not going to drop one of the best full backs in the league for a rookie who looked competent against a scratch league two line up and not featured since.
 

Team for Barnsley

_______________Raya_____________

____Pinnock___Jansson____Racic___

Dalsgaard____________________Henry

__________Jensen___Kamo__________

__Canos_______Watkins____Benrahma___

I’d like to see a switch to three in the middle but it’s just not going to happen so is pointless speculating. No way Karelis is fit enough to start either...
 

Team for Barnsley

_______________Raya_____________

____Pinnock___Jansson____Racic___

Dalsgaard____________________Henry

__________Jensen___Kamo__________

__Canos_______Watkins____Benrahma___

I’d like to see a switch to three in the middle but it’s just not going to happen so is pointless speculating. No way Karelis is fit enough to start either...

I'd be disappointed with this, but not really surprised.
 

Team for Barnsley

Bonkers. We’re not going to drop one of the best full backs in the league for a rookie who looked competent against a scratch league two line up and not featured since.
I'm surprised that Thompson has not been on the bench, though, but Clarke appeared on Saturday, so I guess there's only one spot. I, too, have though Henry to be poor offensively and unwilling to try to go past an opposition defender; he's not been helped by Benrahma, though, but you'd expect that, when Saïd cuts inside, Rico to be busting a gut to overlap outside. He just seems to want to play safe all the time.
 

Team for Barnsley

I'm surprised that Thompson has not been on the bench, though, but Clarke appeared on Saturday, so I guess there's only one spot. I, too, have though Henry to be poor offensively and unwilling to try to go past an opposition defender; he's not been helped by Benrahma, though, but you'd expect that, when Saïd cuts inside, Rico to be busting a gut to overlap outside. He just seems to want to play safe all the time.

Maybe it’s a fitness thing? Said was mostly playing inside so there were plenty of opportunities for him to get forward. Their RB was a right donkey too...
 

Team for Barnsley

Bonkers. We’re not going to drop one of the best full backs in the league for a rookie who looked competent against a scratch league two line up and not featured since.

Indeed , also i think Rico has played very well this season.

Opinions eh
 

Team for Barnsley

Interesting that Frank hinted he may well be considering changing the formation to try something new and to 'get people we want in the side'. Sounds like they have been training both systems so wonder whether we'll see something change this weekend?
 

Team for Barnsley

Interesting that Frank hinted he may well be considering changing the formation to try something new and to 'get people we want in the side'. Sounds like they have been training both systems so wonder whether we'll see something change this weekend?

The some people must include or even be Kamo
 

Team for Barnsley

I don't know where this " back 3 " crap comes from.
It's a back 5. No wonder we are light in midfield......

Yes it turns into a back 5 but its a back 3 with wing backs. It is these wing backs not bombing on and our inability to move the ball quickly through the middle that is killing us.
 

Team for Barnsley

Given our wing backs are normally positioned on the half-way line, I'm not sure you could call them 'backs' all.
 

Team for Barnsley

Indeed , also i think Rico has played very well this season.

Opinions eh

Funny isn't it, I think Rico has been a shadow of his former self and rarely seems to bomb down the wing as he used to, I was wondering if he was carrying an injury,
strange how different supporters see it.
 
Back
Top Bottom