Team for Exeter

super J

Super J
Joined
4 Feb 2003
Messages
6,842
Reaction score
1,903
Location
Ealing

Team for Exeter

Tough one this. Scott says he'll struggle to have 18 fit players for the squad. Assuming Dickson is out, must be doubts about kev and charlie too though charlie looked more of a precaution after a head injury. I'd like to see:

.............................Szczesny..........................

Osborne..........Legge..........Balkestein............Wood

Grabban............Bean.......Diagouraga........Weston

..................Cort.........MacDonald.....................

Subs: Price, Blake, Foster, Hunt, Saunders, Ainsworth, Strevens.
 

Team for Exeter

I presume that Dickson is defo out, do we know how serious Kev is?

Grabban will come back in.
 

Team for Exeter

Tough one this. Scott says he'll struggle to have 18 fit players for the squad. Assuming Dickson is out, must be doubts about kev and charlie too though charlie looked more of a precaution after a head injury. I'd like to see:

.............................Szczesny..........................

Osborne..........Legge..........Balkestein............Wood

Grabban............Bean.......Diagouraga........Weston

..................Cort.........MacDonald.....................

Subs: Price, Blake, Foster, Hunt, Saunders, Ainsworth, Strevens.

I make that 6 loan players, isn't 5 the limit in a match day squad?
 

Team for Exeter

My team:

Chesney
Osbourne
Balkestein
Legge
Wood
Bean
Diagouraga
Ainsworth
Weston
Macdonald
Cort

Subs:Grabban,Moore,Strevens,Foster,Hunt,Blake,Saunders
 

Team for Exeter

unfortunately can't imagine AS starting Carl Cort on Monday after playing him the full 90 yesterday, so therefore my team is:

Woj
Osborne Legge Pim Wood
Ainsworth Bean Dave Weston
Grabban Mac
 

Team for Exeter

Definately no way Carl Cort will start after playing the full 90 minutes last night.

Exeter do have a reputation for playing attacking and fairly open football and I wonder if there might finally be a start for Lionel Ainsworth wide on the right with Weston on the left and MacDonald/Grabban up front? Probably a bit too adventurous for a lot of games, but Monday might be worth a try?
 

Team for Exeter

My team would be:

Chesney

Osborne
Legge
Pim
Blake

Ainsworth
Bean
Dave
Weston

Cort
Mac

As we are safe now I would like to see Blake at left back because for me Wood isnt a left back.
 

Team for Exeter

Good man Chopper - You saved me typing the exact same team.

Blake deserves a chance to show in the league after his very good performances pre season - We are safe now so lets get the kids to show what they really can do.
 

Team for Exeter

It's all about opinions WEB - I will admit I was not at Oldham but I can say I did not see Wood have a superb game at left back last night.
 

Team for Exeter

There will never be a better time than the next few games to have a look at Blake.
 

Team for Exeter

It's all about opinions WEB - I will admit I was not at Oldham but I can say I did not see Wood have a superb game at left back last night.

I wasnt there last night but I was at Oldham and I wouldnt say he had a superb game?

One of the ways I judge a full back by how I remember the wide man he was playing against, and with Wood I always remember he is not Ryan Dickson and should be compared to an average League One full back, not someone who is at least one league below his potential.

At Oldham the kid that played right wing barely got a kick after the first 20 minutes and all of Oldham's attacking came down the left with Chris Taylor, who O'Connor largely dealt with.

Last night, Wood came on after the first 20 minute onslaught and played the 70 minutes that was very even.
Again, my main memories of the game are Millwall trying to attack down their left, and Osborne dealing superbly with Schofield. Hackett was so far out of the game he was the one man they took off.
He is trying to be a League One full back, and for the last two games has looked a bloody good one.
 

Team for Exeter

One of the ways I judge a full back by how I remember the wide man he was playing against, and with Wood I always remember he is not Ryan Dickson and should be compared to an average League One full back, not someone who is at least one league below his potential.

At Oldham the kid that played right wing barely got a kick after the first 20 minutes and all of Oldham's attacking came down the left with Chris Taylor, who O'Connor largely dealt with.

Last night, Wood came on after the first 20 minute onslaught and played the 70 minutes that was very even.
Again, my main memories of the game are Millwall trying to attack down their left, and Osborne dealing superbly with Schofield. Hackett was so far out of the game he was the one man they took off.
He is trying to be a League One full back, and for the last two games has looked a bloody good one.

:imwith:

To compare him to Dickson is just not fair :nono:

Compare him to the other left backs in L1 & I reckon he's making a pretty good fist of it at the moment :yes:
 

Team for Exeter

:imwith:

To compare him to Dickson is just not fair :nono:

Compare him to the other left backs in L1 & I reckon he's making a pretty good fist of it at the moment :yes:

I totally agree you cant compare him to Dickson and I havent anyway I would just like to see Black at left back
 

Team for Exeter

I'd be surprised not to see Kev on Monday. I felt the substitution was made based on the amount of time he was going to be off the pitch getting stitches rather than anything more serious. I guess that stitches in the shin are more difficult to protect than head wounds etc.
 

Team for Exeter

Chesney

Osborne
Legge
Pim
Wood

Ainsworth
Bean
Dave
Weston

Grabban
Mac

Subs: Moore, Blake, Saunders, Cort, Strevens, Foster, Hunt

If the result is going our way in the second half, definitely bring on Blake, he needs to be involved in this game somehow.
Even if Kev is okay, i wouldn't like to risk him. Bench or don't play him at all, rest up.
 

Team for Exeter

Want to see Ainsworth start or atleast get a fair run out towards the end!
Dont risk Kevin if hes not 100% he could do with a rest for Huddersfield and Southend!
Karliegh to stick at right back.
Bean and Dave in the middle.
Weston on left as usual and Wood at left back
 

Team for Exeter

Would have thought Andy would want to bring in as many fresh legs as will allow. Assuming he "rests" or puts on bench King Kev and assuming Carlo Cort can't play again tomorrow a possible line up is

Chesney
Karleigh Osborne
Pim
Legge
Wood (he needs games at left back to learn role)

Ainsworth
Dave
Hunt (Bean on bench)
Weston

Gabban
Charlie
 

Team for Exeter

Chesney

Osborne Legge Pim Wood

Ainsworth Bean Dave Weston

Cort Grabban if CM is not fit
 

Team for Exeter

AS: "we’ll put a side out there that I think can beat them and will be fit enough to do that."

If it's not kidology for Exeter's benefit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Strevens and Grabban up front, possibly both Hunt and Bean centre mid with Ainsworth and Weston out wide, and Osborne, Legge, Pim and Wood as back four. Legge may also be rested and Foster brought in, with Karleigh moving to the centre.
 

Team for Exeter

Oops ! - Unless of course King Kev is fit to play - Kev to Right Back.

Don't think we're going to see him for a couple of weeks if The Chronny article is anything to go on.
 

Team for Exeter

I wouldn't be surprised to see Strevens and Grabban up front, possibly both Hunt and Bean centre mid with Ainsworth and Weston out wide, and Osborne, Legge, Pim and Wood as back four.

Agreed, especially the bold bit
 
Back
Top Bottom