Team for Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

GABS

Well-known member
Joined
17 Apr 2000
Messages
13,692
Reaction score
12,491

Team for Hull

Is Marcondes injured? If not I'd like to see him and also Ogbene start.

Play an all out attacking team and go out with a bang!
 

Team for Hull

Doesn't matter a hull lot now
 

Team for Hull

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Sorensen Barbet
Cole Woods
Sawyers
Jozefzoon Maupay Watkins
 

Team for Hull

Expect Marcondes to start if fit. Judge to get 10 mins at end to say goodbye.
 

Team for Hull

Bentley
Clarke Egan Bjelland Sorenson
Woods Yennaris
Marcondes Judge Ogbene
Maupay
 

Team for Hull

A couple of the B Team on the bench at least hopefully.
 

Team for Hull

Starting b-team players in our last game would be incredibly disrespectful to the players who have worked hard and committed for the whole season.
 

Team for Hull

Daniels

Clarke Mepham Egan Sorensen

Woods Cole

Canos Marcondes Ogbene

Maupay

Sod the players that won't be here next year. Some, it seems, need a break now.
 

Team for Hull

Starting b-team players in our last game would be incredibly disrespectful to the players who have worked hard and committed for the whole season.

Is it not also against the rules this season? Or is that coming in next year?
 

Team for Hull

Starting b-team players in our last game would be incredibly disrespectful to the players who have worked hard and committed for the whole season.

No better game to see if a few can cut it a level above. Not 'disrespectful' at all. It's always been play for the jersey and keep it if you play well. A few don't deserve to start after yesterday.
 

Team for Hull

No better game to see if a few can cut it a level above. Not 'disrespectful' at all. It's always been play for the jersey and keep it if you play well. A few don't deserve to start after yesterday.

Dean Smith isnt that cheap. Our first eleven, regular starters have been absolutely committed to the plan all season. Some on here are just too excitable, wanderer paul and co..
 

Team for Hull

Everyone who wants to see B Team players has had a decent few opportunities to see them this season. Starting in a league game that has 3 points at stake just so that some can "take a look at him" is just plain wrong.
 

Team for Hull

No better game to see if a few can cut it a level above. Not 'disrespectful' at all. It's always been play for the jersey and keep it if you play well. A few don't deserve to start after yesterday.

I agree. It's quite normal to see one or two promising fringe players given a chance in end of season dead rubbers. Since there's nothing to play for I can't see why it would be so disrespectful. If we were playing (say) Burton or Bolton in our final game then of course we should play the strongest available side. But that's not the case.

Time for Marcondes, Ogbene and possibly either of Cole or Sorensen to step forward...........
 

Team for Hull

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Kamo Woods Sawyers
Flo Maupay Ollie
Subs: Daniels, Egan, Clarke, Nico, Sergi, McEachran, Emiliano
See out the season on a high, because why not?
 

Team for Hull

Usual team with some fringe players on the bench. We want to get over 70 points and finish well. Losing to Blackburn in the last game of the season was a real anticlimax
 

Team for Hull

---------------------------- Daniels ----------------------

-- Dalsgaard -- Mepham -- Barbet -- Field -----

--------------------- Woods --- Mokotjo --------------

-- Jozefzoon ------- Marcondes ------- Canos ---

-------------------------- Maupay -----------------------


Bentley, Clarke, Egan, Sawyers, Judge, Cole, Watkins



Something like that for me maybe? Might be nice to see some of Ogbene too, but I think Cole's probably earned his chance in the first team more so by now.

I think Barbet deserves a go at CB for 1 game at the very least after how patient he's been this season, I still have hope that he could be good enough to be first choice next season. Might seem harsh excluding him and I am grateful for his time here, but if Bjelland 100% won't be here next season however then I don't see much point playing him. Similarly it seems a bit last chance saloon for Field now so we might as well give him the time while we can afford to.

I'd definitely like to see a cameo from Cole at some point and also Judge for the last 15-20 minutes or so, as I highly suspect this will be the last we see of him in a Brentford shirt, so a proper goodbye would be nice. Shame it wasn't the fairytale return we all hoped it'd be after his comeback against Notts County in January, but alas.
 
Last edited:

Team for Hull

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-new-rules-stop-teams-playing-weakened-sides/

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

Presumably that means that players named on the bench against Barnsley may start though.

I think Judge should have come on at Oakwell rather than either Yennaris or Mokotjo and as it may be his last appearance for us I'd start him so that he can get a good send off.

Daniels
Dalsgaard Bjelland Mepham Barbet
Judge Woods Sawyers
Watkins Marcondes Canos

Subs: Balcombe, Sorenson, Forss, Cole, McLeod, Ogbene, Field

That's strong enough to be competitive and to provide opportunities for subs appearances for players we hope to break into the first team next season. As far as I can tell, our result will have absolutely no bearing on promotion or relegation for anyone else so both teams can play without any pressure.
 

Team for Hull

Reece Cole not travelled with the B team to Manchester today. Maybe in the squad for sat?
 

Team for Hull

Usual team with some fringe players on the bench. We want to get over 70 points and finish well. Losing to Blackburn in the last game of the season was a real anticlimax

Agreed. That game was a real damp squib. Finishing 7th or 8th sounds much better than 10th to me.
 

Team for Hull

Starting b-team players in our last game would be incredibly disrespectful to the players who have worked hard and committed for the whole season.

indeed and against a team that has scored 10 in the last 2 away games .
 

Team for Hull

Why do people want us to include players who are not usual 1st team ? That's what friendlies are for. This is a competitive match and I want us to finish as high up the table as possible.
 

Team for Hull

Everyone who wants to see B Team players has had a decent few opportunities to see them this season. Starting in a league game that has 3 points at stake just so that some can "take a look at him" is just plain wrong.

I don't think it's just a question of 'having a look at them'. The experience would be valuable for the better B team players. Probably better to bring them on as subs, though, depending on the course of the game.
 

Team for Hull

I cannot see either Dalsgaard of Beljend being risked for a game that has nothing on it, bearing in mind that the World Cup will be on their minds. There would appear to be strong rumours that both Cole and Sorrennsen will be part of the First Team squad next season so it would make sense for the both to be on the Bench. I therefore expect Clarke to start at right back and for both Cole and Sorrensen to make an appearance if possible. It would not surprise me if Marcondes were to make a start. I cannot see that any of this would seriously weaken the team or in anyway undermine the achievements of the team throughout the season. In addition I would not be surprised if Field was on the bench, even with his infusion that would leaver room for three regulars outfield players to come on if necessary.
 

Team for Hull

We have only lost 3 of 22 games at home, i don't want that to be 4 . Strongest team possible please .
 

Team for Hull

It’s not a «*game that has nothing on it*», it could be the difference between 10th and 7th place.
 

Team for Hull

It’s not a «*game that has nothing on it*», it could be the difference between 10th and 7th place.

Which affects income and personal bonuses
 

Team for Hull

We have only lost 3 of 22 games at home, i don't want that to be 4 . Strongest team possible please .

Exactly. I don’t want to turn up to watch half the development squad thanks. Those who are good enough will undoubtedly get their chance next season.
 

Team for Hull

Starting b-team players in our last game would be incredibly disrespectful to the players who have worked hard and committed for the whole season.

I agree with this actually. I’m sure the players will want to finish as high as possible. I’m open to a couple of the fringe players starting (eg Marcondes) but don’t want us to treat it like a friendly
 

Team for Hull

There’s a few that could take a leaf out of Reece Cole goals in the back of the net this season
 

Team for Hull

The team should be made up of anyone who wants to be here or will be here next season.
 

Team for Hull

The team should be made up of anyone who wants to be here or will be here next season.

:imwith: The two Danes going to the World Cup won’t start, can see those leaving getting their chance to say goodbye but don’t imagine it will feel anything other than an end of season meaningless pageant.
 

Team for Hull

After the let down of Saturday, I'm expecting the players to want to play to win so that we finish as high up the table as possible. And I'm desperate for us to not finish below Bristol City!
 

Team for Hull

A lot of pride (and bonuses) at stake, I don't believe for one minute we will field a weakened side. The Danes may be going to the world cup but they won't want to lose match fitness too much.
 

Team for Hull

A lot of pride (and bonuses) at stake, I don't believe for one minute we will field a weakened side. The Danes may be going to the world cup but they won't want to lose match fitness too much.

They won’t want to risk getting injured in a meaningless game and missing out on the chance of a lifetime ? They will have a month together keeping fit every day. We’ll see and I may be well off the mark but I doubt if either will play 90 minutes if at all.
 

Team for Hull

They won’t want to risk getting injured in a meaningless game and missing out on the chance of a lifetime ? They will have a month together keeping fit every day. We’ll see and I may be well off the mark but I doubt if either will play 90 minutes if at all.
I was just going to post the same but see you beat me to it. I agree why risk their chance of a lifetime.
 

Team for Hull

It’s not a «*game that has nothing on it*», it could be the difference between 10th and 7th place.


And therefore allows prospective signings to buy into the clubs model and strategy by showing we have the potential to keep improving.
 

Team for Hull

I agree with this actually. I’m sure the players will want to finish as high as possible. I’m open to a couple of the fringe players starting (eg Marcondes) but don’t want us to treat it like a friendly

Indeed. It's not as if chucking in a load of B teamers for a one-off game after which they won't play first team football again for months is going to be hugely beneficial for anyone.
 

Team for Hull

The team should be made up of anyone who wants to be here or will be here next season.

So based on my assumption above:

Daniels
Clarke, Mepham, Egan, Barbet
Jozefzoon, Mokotjo, Cole, McLeod, Canos
Maupay

Subs: Balcombe, Ogbene, Archibald, Sorenson, Yennaris, Marcondes, Forss

So where does that leave the others I've not included:
Bentley - Could go in the summer, why risk £7 million
Bjellend - Doubt he will be here next year
Dalsgard - Rest him for his world cup dream
McEachran - Time to move him on
Woods - Could go in the summer, why risk £12 million
Field - Time to move him on, shame.
Sawyers - Could go in the summer, why risk £8 million
Watkins - Could go in the summer, why risk £10 million
Westbrooke - Time to move him on, shame.
Judge - Time to move him on, shame, never the same and best for both I think and may get £2.75 million
Kerschbaumer - Not available, out on loan. Never to return.
Bonham - Not available, out on loan. Could he be challenging Daniels for the no. 1 shirt next season?
Shaibu - Not available, out on loan. Time to move him on, shame.
Chatzithoriadis - Not available, out on loan. Maybe next year.
Henry - Injured

Tell me I'm wrong with the above.
 

Team for Hull

Strong side please want a winning end to what’s been another superb season in the championship.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom