Team v Bournemouth

Mr Cynical

Moderator
Joined
1 Jul 2000
Messages
22,416
Reaction score
15,466
Location
London

Team v Bournemouth

change it up a bit.. would personally go back to 4-3-3 but can’t see that happening.. nothing to lose here so some significant changes..

Raya, Pontus, Norgaard, Pinnock, janelt, Jensen, Marcondes, Canos, Fosu, Ghoddos, Toney

subs: Daniels, Roerslev, Goode, Sorenson, Mbeumo, Forss, Bidstrup, Pressley, Gilbert


Canos and Fosu as Uber attacking wing backs and Ghoddos sitting in just behind Toney as a false 9/10. Marcondes comes in to midfield to add some movement and progression into the box leaving janelt to break up the play with Norgaard and Jensen to pick out the runners..
 

Team v Bournemouth

change it up a bit.. would personally go back to 4-3-3 but can’t see that happening.. nothing to lose here so some significant changes..

Raya, Pontus, Norgaard, Pinnock, janelt, Jensen, Marcondes, Canos, Fosu, Ghoddos, Toney

subs: Daniels, Roerslev, Goode, Sorenson, Mbeumo, Forss, Bidstrup, Pressley, Gilbert


Canos and Fosu as Uber attacking wing backs and Ghoddos sitting in just behind Toney as a false 9/10. Marcondes comes in to midfield to add some movement and progression into the box leaving janelt to break up the play with Norgaard and Jensen to pick out the runners..
Pardon but there is something to lose, we don't want to finish 6th and meet them in the semi final ?
 

Team v Bournemouth

Raya
Jansson Norgaard Pinnock
Roerslev Jensen Janelt Mbeumo
Canos Toney Fosu
 

Team v Bournemouth

Fosu left wing back for me, with Ghoddos up top behind Ivan.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I’m going to be contentious and propose a few changes. I think we badly miss pace and tempo and the starting XI from last night are all too similar in style. In addition, Forss playing with Toney causes Ivan to drop deep and I just don’t think he’s effective in those positions.

Raya

Fosu. Pontus. Reid. Pinnock. Sergi

Jensen. Norgaard. Marcondes

Ghoddos

Toney
 

Team v Bournemouth

all these formations, I'm still feeling 1-1...
 

Team v Bournemouth

60808e8d9825b.jpg
Formation: 342795
 

Team v Bournemouth

Raya

Roerslev
Jansson
Pinnock
Janelt

Jensen
Nørgaard
Emiliano

Fosu
Toney
Canos
 

Team v Bournemouth

------------------------Raya-------------------------------

Fosu-----Jansson----Pinnock-----Sorensen

---------Jensen----Norgaard----Janelt---------

------Mbuemo-----Toney-----Canos----------


Daniels
Roerslev
Goode
Ghoddos
Emiliano
Bidstrup
Forss
 

Team v Bournemouth

Raya

Roeslev Pontus. Norgaard . Pinnock. Canos

Jensen. Janelt.

Fosu

Forss Toney
 

Team v Bournemouth

I'm confused by those wanting 4-3-3 again after the moaning about TF not changing formation sooner. Bournemouth will use their flanks a lot with wingbacks attacking so Mbeumo is likely to get exposed if he starts.

Raya
Pinnock
Norgaard
Jansson
Canos
Roerslev
Janelt
Jensen
Fosu
Toney
Forss
 

Team v Bournemouth

Pardon but there is something to lose, we don't want to finish 6th and meet them in the semi final ?
Let’s do anything with the line up that will give them as little as possible to go on in the playoffs to come. That also applies to any other team that’s in the playoffs, and they’ll be watching. Indeed, Bournemouth may be thinking the same with their line up. I agree about finishing 6th though.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Would like to see a back 4 with Canos and Fosu as attacking fullbacks and Norgaard further forward.
Id give this a try want to see a more exciting approach:-
Raya
Fosu Janson Pinnock Canos
Jensen Norgaard Janelt Marcondes
Ghoddos
Toney
 

Team v Bournemouth

I know it wont happen but I would like to see
-----------Raya------------------
Roerslev Jannson Pinnock Reid
-----Norgaard Janelt -------
--- Mbuemo Fosu Canos-----
------------Toney--------------
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would stick with the current formation. Tuesday was the most positive I've seen us in a while... though still not attack minded enough.
Controversial but ... Janelt does not seem to impact the game enough for me. I would play Jensen deeper and push Janelt further up or replace him with Marcondes or Ghoddos who we know are more likely to be in and around the box.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would stick with the same formation but with a couple of changes in personnel. Would like to see Canos given a go as left wing back replacing Mbeumo and would like to see Ghoddos replace Forss with him working behind Toney. I think Fosu and Ghoddos would work well together.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I think we need to persevere with the new formation but maybe mix it up a bit. Partly to give a few players a rest, partly to give a few players some starts and partly to keep Bournemouth guessing if we meet them in the playoffs.

I don't want to single out a young, promising player but at the moment Forss isn't adding anything. Seems low on confidence and not getting enough touches around the box. I'd be tempted to start Mbeumo up front with Toney, but give him the freedom to change with the wingbacks. So with that in mind my squad would be:

Raya

Jansson Norgaard MBS

Fosu Marcondes Bidstrup Jensen Canos

Toney Mbeumo

Subs: Daniels, Pinnock, Goode, Roerslev, Janelt, Ghoddos, Forss, Brook
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would stick with the current formation. Tuesday was the most positive I've seen us in a while... though still not attack minded enough.
Controversial but ... Janelt does not seem to impact the game enough for me. I would play Jensen deeper and push Janelt further up or replace him with Marcondes or Ghoddos who we know are more likely to be in and around the box.

I don't think it's controversial at all. Janelt's been well under par for a while now. Not sure if it's the season catching up with him (he can't have played anything like this sort of intensity in germany) or he's just not suited to a more box to box role. I was pondering dropping him in my line up but that would mean reverting to 3 traditional CBs who we've seen struggle to play out under pressure so I decided to leave Norgaard there. If we were to go back to 4-3-3 I'd def swap him out for Norgaard.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Pardon but there is something to lose, we don't want to finish 6th and meet them in the semi final ?
Why? What difference would it make? If we're going to win the playoffs we're going to have to beat either them or a team that was good enough to beat them anyway?
 

Team v Bournemouth

Why? What difference would it make? If we're going to win the playoffs we're going to have to beat either them or a team that was good enough to beat them anyway?
I think we have a better chance over a single game than 2 legs so I am after Swansea in the semis now..
 

Team v Bournemouth

Why? What difference would it make? If we're going to win the playoffs we're going to have to beat either them or a team that was good enough to beat them anyway?

Mainly because Muff have a better (and deeper) squad than we do. On our day we can beat them - over two legs it's trickier especially given our ropey form at home
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would persist with the current formation but tweak based on form and the need to instil some positivity. So:

Raya

Pontus Christian Pinnock

Canos Jensen Janelt Marcondes Fosu

Ghoddos

Toney

This is definitely not the team I would play against them if we meet them in the POs
 

Team v Bournemouth

Definitely wouldn't play our current formation in case we play them again in a few weeks. Conventional back four, five man midfield with CN and VJ screening in front of back four, Ivan up on his own again. Might be necessary to inject some pace at some point so Sergi may be appearing later on. If it all goes tits up then I would be looking to sub those who may be in need of a rest and give the likes of Bidstrup, Pressley etc. a bit of a go.
Raya
Roerslev Jansson Pinnock Sorensen
Fosu Jensen Norgaard Janelt Ghoddos
Toney
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would persist with the current formation but tweak based on form and the need to instil some positivity. So:

Raya

Pontus Christian Pinnock

Canos Jensen Janelt Marcondes Fosu

Ghoddos

Toney

This is definitely not the team I would play against them if we meet them in the POs

That looks a good line up. You're clearly getting advice from someone v wise.... :D ?
 

Team v Bournemouth

That looks a good line up. You're clearly getting advice from someone v wise.... :D ?
Yeah, thanks Mr C! Didn't realise it was identical! Great minds and all that ....
 

Team v Bournemouth

Definitely wouldn't play our current formation in case we play them again in a few weeks. Conventional back four, five man midfield with CN and VJ screening in front of back four, Ivan up on his own again. Might be necessary to inject some pace at some point so Sergi may be appearing later on. If it all goes tits up then I would be looking to sub those who may be in need of a rest and give the likes of Bidstrup, Pressley etc. a bit of a go.
Raya
Roerslev Jansson Pinnock Sorensen
Fosu Jensen Norgaard Janelt Ghoddos
Toney
We actually need them to finish 3rd so that we play the Welsh rubbish and they play Barnsley.
 

Team v Bournemouth

We actually need them to finish 3rd so that we play the Welsh rubbish and they play Barnsley.
Not too sure about that. If I had to choose I would opt for Barnsley who are one-dimensional and their system does not lend itself to a two-leg tie. Fancy us to win up there and draw at home. Either of the other two in the final would do. Bournemouth are the Brentford of this season and will not win every remaining game much as we didn't last season.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would keep the same team and formation as the team need to get used to it.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Would push Toney higher up the pitch with Ghoddos just behind. Sorenson for Janelt, Norgaard in midfield.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I’m not sure an inverted wing back would work in the same way as an inverted winger.

Without an overlapping fullback you need your wing backs to attach on the outside so I can’t see Fosu as a LWB.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I’m not sure an inverted wing back would work in the same way as an inverted winger.

Without an overlapping fullback you need your wing backs to attach on the outside so I can’t see Fosu as a LWB.
Agreed.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Pardon but there is something to lose, we don't want to finish 6th and meet them in the semi final ?

we will most likely meet them in finals or semi, so we shouldnt fear where we finish. We just need to ensure we guarantee playoffs as its not a certainty yet
 

Team v Bournemouth

Eh ? Reading are 7 points behind us ( 8 with GD ) and we have a game in hand.

We would have to lose 4 in a row when we have lost 7 all season and reading win all theirs.

I would say its close to certainty :sorted:
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would like to see how Forss up front with Toney playing a free role just behind goes (hes been drifting a lot anyway). I would also like to see how Jansson Reid and Pnnock goes against the in form side.

Raya
Jansson Reid Pinnock
Canos Janelt Jensson Marcondes Fosu
Toney
Forss
 

Team v Bournemouth

I would like to see how Forss up front with Toney playing a free role just behind goes (hes been drifting a lot anyway). I would also like to see how Jansson Reid and Pnnock goes against the in form side.

Raya
Jansson Reid Pinnock
Canos Janelt Jensson Marcondes Fosu
Toney
Forss

no Norgaard ? :eek:
 

Team v Bournemouth

Eh ? Reading are 7 points behind us ( 8 with GD ) and we have a game in hand.

We would have to lose 4 in a row when we have lost 7 all season and reading win all theirs.

I would say its close to certainty :sorted:
If we lose to both Rotherham and Bristol City we have barely any business being in the top 6!
 

Team v Bournemouth

Let's just win to make it certain, surely? Nobody knows how the top 2-6 are going to be distributed on the last day. As for the squad, some very interesting choices on here.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I can’t see us moving away from the back 3/5, particularly given we’ve only let in one goal - a penalty - in three games.

If we can find away to get firing up front again then TF will probably think we’ve cracked it.

The system hasn’t been the issue in recent weeks, anyway. It’s been the tempo and predictability with which we’ve been playing.

I would go with

Raya
Jansson Norgaard Pinnock
Roerslev Janelt Jensen Mbuemo
Fosu Toney Canos
 

Team v Bournemouth

I'd definitely stick with Forss. Hopefully gets his form back before the POs and we'll be a massive goal threat to whoever we play.
Like to see Janelt given a couple of games at LB if we revert to a back four just to see how he fares
 

Team v Bournemouth

Team selection? Whichever of the B team are capable of taking Bournemouth players out above the knee, and ensuring they go into the play offs without their stars.
 

Team v Bournemouth

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sørensen at LWB in the tradition of 'keep it tight, Brentford', this is a "must not lose" game. Perhaps Ghoddos with Jensen in midfield with Janelt holding, too, the sort of game where we may sit deep and break out with longer passes... who knows.
 

Team v Bournemouth

lineup (4).png

I think this is the team that gives us the football we want to see (out of what we have available).

It really hurt me to leave Janelt out of the starting 11, he's been our best player this season and he's developing a De Bruyne-ish quality to his game.

But our passing advanced positions has been awful and we've lacked flair up front, we can't just leave it all up to Tariq Fosu.
 

Team v Bournemouth

no Norgaard ? :eek:
Good point mate. I think I was under the influence posting that. Best leave it to the boss, he did good today (so did Norgaard)
 
Back
Top Bottom