Team v Bournemouth

Ambrose_1889

Active member
Joined
10 Apr 2008
Messages
4,759
Reaction score
409

Team v Bournemouth

Assuming Smith, Newton, Brown and Elder are all out.

Hamer
Osborne Phillips Bennett Dickson
Bowditch O'Connor Bean Wood
Williams MacDonald

Subs: Anderson, Johnson, Scannell, Poole, Odhiambo.

Williams and Bowditch can switch as and when to give their left back hell. Don't need Halls (probably not 100% yet anyway) or Pead on the bench for this one as we have enough defensve midfielders in the team and we need to win this one. I'd like to see Odhiambo and Scannell get run outs as the game moves into it's latter stages to test the tired Bournemouth legs. Also want to see Poole on for Wood/Dickson at some point.

Thoughts?
 

Team v Bournemouth

--------------Hamer

Halls-----Phillips---Bennett---Dickson

Williams--O'Connor---Bean----Wood

--------Bowditch---MacDonald


Subs: Anderson, Johnson, Poole, Scannell, Odhiambo
 

Team v Bournemouth

Hamer
Osbourne Bennett Phillips Dickson
Scanell Bean Oconnor Wood
Williams MacDonald

Subs
Anderson, Johnson, Halls, Poole, Bowditch
 

Team v Bournemouth

Hamer

KO Benno Phillips Dickson

Scannell Bean KOC Poole

Williams Mac

Subs : Anderson Wood Bowditch Halls Odihambo


Though Wood did well at Gillingham its time to give Poole a game again
 

Team v Bournemouth

Will MacDonald be fit?
 

Team v Bournemouth

Would Elder be out?

I thought suspensions start 7 days after the offence, meaning that it would start on the Saturday, and as we are playing Friday, he is surely available.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Would Elder be out?

I thought suspensions start 7 days after the offence, meaning that it would start on the Saturday, and as we are playing Friday, he is surely available.

I thought you were a referee.......but then again you just give the cards out......red card suspensions are immediate, collective yellow suspension have a time factor (or which I am not sure).....
 

Team v Bournemouth

I thought you were a referee.......but then again you just give the cards out......red card suspensions are immediate, collective yellow suspension have a time factor (or which I am not sure).....

You are right SammmeBee.. I only give them (and occasionally receive them). I don't know the admin part of it all.
 

Team v Bournemouth

--------------Hamer

Halls-----Phillips---Bennett---Dickson

Williams--O'Connor---Bean----Wood

--------Bowditch---MacDonald


Subs: Anderson, Johnson, Poole, Scannell, Odhiambo

Would go along with that with the exception of Karleigh for Halls, got the option of introducing Poole if it not going too well after an hour or so:sorted::sorted:
 

Team v Bournemouth

I think Poole will come back so I'll go;

Hamer

Osborne
Dickson
Phillips
Bennett

Poole
O'Connor
Bean
Williams

Bowditch
MacDonald

Subs
Anderson
Johnson
Wood
Halls
Scannell
 

Team v Bournemouth

What's the deal with Poole? I realise this has been mentioned on other threads but haven't seen any reasoning so far.

Is he still carrying a knock? Was he one of the ones who was ill at the weekend? Or is AS just giving him an extended break?
 

Team v Bournemouth

I think you are right Simon C.
 

Team v Bournemouth

If you look at the links and compare the Gills player who got sent off with the one who received his fifth booking you'll see when the 7 days comes in.
 

Team v Bournemouth

if Williams and Bowditch play I can't see AS swapping them round, so I would go with

Hamer
Osborne Bennett Phillips Dickson
Bowditch Bean O'Connor Wood
MacDonald Williams
 

Team v Bournemouth

one for the tacticians amongst you.................I feel strongly that we need to start with a big front man of some sort, not likely I know but fear the ball will just keep coming straight back. So my humble suggestion is to throw Karleigh in at centre forward in hope we can feed off a few nod ons. Means Dickson will have to go right back or Halls but just believe we must have height up front in this division
 

Team v Bournemouth

Quite agree mori after watching those cherries on the box recently, they do like to put it about, can see a very lively encounter, May even be a game of cricket to boot aswell its christmas ?????????
 

Team v Bournemouth

one for the tacticians amongst you.................I feel strongly that we need to start with a big front man of some sort, not likely I know but fear the ball will just keep coming straight back. So my humble suggestion is to throw Karleigh in at centre forward in hope we can feed off a few nod ons. Means Dickson will have to go right back or Halls but just believe we must have height up front in this division

My thoughts as well.

Like it or not, a big target man does seem to be a necessity in this division. KO has the height the speed and the enthusiasm to carry off this role and hopefully Halls would be fit to take on the RB role. I liked the football played when Charlie and Bowditch played together up front - but alas weight matters when battling against uncompromising defenders
 

Team v Bournemouth

I
I feel strongly that we need to start with a big front man of some sort, not likely I know but fear the ball will just keep coming straight back.
There's a difference between a big front man and a player who can hold the ball up.

While I agree that a big front man is a basic essential at our level, I also think that both MacDonald and Bowditch hold the ball up well - I've not seen enough of Scannell to comment - and that MacDonald and Williams can run onto a ball over the top. So, if our opposition play deep like AFCB will probably do at GP, then we need to get the ball on the ground to MacDonald and Bowditch; if the opposition play high, like Exeter may do at home, then balls pinged forward to MacDonald and Williams may be a better strategy.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Hamer

Osborne
Phillips
Bennett
Dickson

Bowditch
O,connor
Bean
Wood

Williams
Macdonald


Subs....... Anderson,Poole,Johnson,Scannell,Halls
 

Team v Bournemouth

You are right SammmeBee.. I only give them (and occasionally receive them). I don't know the admin part of it all.

I think every ref should understand the consequences of his actions...especially at sunday league level, where bans are more often a month, rather than a game (for a red card for disent, for example)

Hamer
Osbourne Bennett Phillips Dickson
Scanell Bean Oconnor Wood
Williams MacDonald

Subs
Anderson, Johnson, Halls, Poole, Bowditch

Thjere is no "U" in Osborne :sorted:

I fear MacDonald may be injured :fishing:

if so......

Hamer
Osborne
Dickson
Phillips
Bennett
Poole (LM)
Scannell (RM)
Bean
O'Connor
Bowditch
Williams
 

Team v Bournemouth

I think the team selection for AFCB will be made also considering the Exeter game; there's only a day to recover. In theory, the second game will be harder, so AS may want Wood for that and play Poole against Bournemouth (where the goal opportunities may be more), likewise, we have full back options, with Halls and Johnson. The right midfield and fowards may also get some rotation.

Great to have a squad to play with... and Elder, Smith and Newton to come back!
 

Team v Bournemouth

I'm worried by 2 apparently serious suggestions that we should play Osborne up front - if size is all that matters, we might as well select the biggest guy in the crowd. I'd rather have a target man than not, but it has to be someone who can play up front.

Assuming no further injuries, I think the only selection question is Wood or Poole for LM, ie

Hamer
Osborne Phillips Bennett Dickson
Williams Bean O'Connor Wood/Poole
Bowditch MacDonald

Subs: Anderson, Johnson, Wood/Poole, Halls, Odhiambo

Scannell to come in if any of the 16 unavailable
 

Team v Bournemouth

I'm worried by 2 apparently serious suggestions that we should play Osborne up front - if size is all that matters, we might as well select the biggest guy in the crowd. I'd rather have a target man than not, but it has to be someone who can play up front.

Assuming no further injuries, I think the only selection question is Wood or Poole for LM, ie

Hamer
Osborne Phillips Bennett Dickson
Williams Bean O'Connor Wood/Poole
Bowditch MacDonald

Subs: Anderson, Johnson, Wood/Poole, Halls, Odhiambo

Scannell to come in if any of the 16 unavailable

i dont disagree with your sentiment and if the ball is played on the floor in theory there should be a workable model. In reality though,the ball is not played on the floor all the time and I feel someone must be able to compete in the air with the up and unders and attacking crosses. Reverse passes,one-twos and one touch passing moves are not going to be constant enough to make a problem over 270 mins of football for the opposition. Karleigh was just a suggestion, but we do need someone to challenge in aerial situations or the ball will just come straight back. If our midfield can pick up these headed clearances and play good over the top suff to runners...well good...but again in reality the other team isnt just out there for a training session,they are there to win. So to keep surrendering posession in the air will be a problem I fell. I hope I am wrong. Karleigh is not just someone out of the crowd,he is a pro and as such should be good enough to give the opposition a tough time for at least part of the game. Just my opinion, as I said I hope I am wrong.
 

Team v Bournemouth

I'd probably go...

Hamer

Osborne
Phillips
Bennett
Dickson

Bowditch
Bean
O'Connor
Wood

Williams
MacDonald

Subs:
Anderson
Johnson
Halls
Poole
Scannell
 

Team v Bournemouth

Poole to start please Andy, we need some creativity somewhere especialy as we do not have a lump up front, therefore it is essential we can get the ball into spaces for Charlie ( if fit) and Bowditch to run onto, with Poole on one wing and Williams on the other we end up with pace and guile.

Wood has done well as a a makeshift wide player and his effort cannot be faulted however please please please lets also have some intelligence as well.

With regards to defence, Karleigh is in posession of the RB position and it will be up to Halls to oust him, at present I am happy enough with his performances as his lapses of concentration seem to be a thing of the past to a degree and his ability in both boxes will be of value.

So apart from Poole for Wood and Bowditch for Elder no other changes.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Hamer

Osborne Bennett Phillips Dickson

Scannell Bean O'Connor Poole

MacDonald Williams

Subs
Anderson
Johnson
Wood
Halls
Bowditch
 

Team v Bournemouth

For me I would put Kev. O'Connor up front - alongside Charlie (if fit). HE can hold the ball up and is useful in the air too. He also has the advantage of having played there too.
 

Team v Bournemouth

Halls halls halls!! Please no KO at right back.

He won every header and challenge on Saturday.

It's just his distribution that was poor.

I think he deserves a chance in front of Halls, who still doesnt seem like he "gets into" games
 

Team v Bournemouth

He won every header and challenge on Saturday.

It's just his distribution that was poor.

I think he deserves a chance in front of Halls, who still doesnt seem like he "gets into" games

Won and got second place in the "Who can kick the ball the highest competition" as well on Saturday.
 
Back
Top Bottom