Team v Cardiff

Frothybaby

Active member
Joined
3 Sep 2013
Messages
3,074
Reaction score
1,457

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren

Can't argue with that (if Woods is at holding). Might be a case for Egan, but meh.
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren

..........Mr Judge will be upset..............
 

Team v Cardiff

Nico time...
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Clarke
Woods Mokotjo
Marcondes
Flo Maupay Watkins
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet

Woods Mokotjo Sawyers

Flojo Marcondes Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Yennaris, Egan, Maceachran, Canos, Maupay, Judge

I think we need to try something different against this lot. Maupay trying to receive the ball with his back to goal just won't work against these cloggers so we have to try and be a bit cuter. Playing Marcondes in what is basically a front 4 with Sawyers gives us the best options with movement off the ball and speed of thought/passing. The nominal 'striker' position can be shared between Marcondes, Watkins and Sawyers, even FLojo. Won't happen though.... Mepham back for me as he's a much better footballer and we've missed his distribution from the back.
 

Team v Cardiff

Nico time...

I would be very happy to see Nico back. Cardiff may be a bit of a shock for Moko. However I don't know what the latest is for Nico.

I was unsure about judge, Would love the Judge pre injury for this one, but I don't think he is anywhere near that level yet. If they sit back and counter us, it could be a long and frustrating day. I thought NM gave their defence a hard time at their place. If it's not working then someone else can have a go. Neal has something to to get out of his system and I think he will score against them this time.
 

Team v Cardiff

After the Leeds game I think we need to take a risk and try something different for the remainder of the season:

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Clarke
Woods
Sawyers Marcondes
Flo Maupay Watkins
 

Team v Cardiff

After the Leeds game I think we need to take a risk and try something different for the remainder of the season:

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Clarke
Woods
Sawyers Marcondes
Flo Maupay Watkins

Would love to see that line-up.
 

Team v Cardiff

If we weren't playing such a physical side like Cardiff then I'd like to see Clarke in for Dalsgaard who I thought was poor against Leeds.
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren

I would swap Judge for Macleod otherwise I agree.
 

Team v Cardiff

....i hear olaf might be getting a game.
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren

That but with Nico (if available) for Kamo and Judge for Macleod on the bench.
 

Team v Cardiff

Bentley
Dalsgaard Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Woods Moko Sawyers
Flojo Maupay Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Marcondes Clarke Egan MacLeod Canos MacEachren

I would go with this starting 11 too. I think though that we have to consider the three-game week ahead as a whole (in the event of Saturday's game being on). Last time we played Sat-Tues-Sat our poorest performance was the second half of final game. I don't think this was any coincidence as we played almost the same 11 for every game, and they clearly tired. I think this time we have to be cuter and make three or four changes for Tues and the same for the following Sat. So against Burton I would rest the likes of Barbet, Sawyers, Watkins/FloJo
 

Team v Cardiff

I would go with this starting 11 too. I think though that we have to consider the three-game week ahead as a whole (in the event of Saturday's game being on). Last time we played Sat-Tues-Sat our poorest performance was the second half of final game. I don't think this was any coincidence as we played almost the same 11 for every game, and they clearly tired. I think this time we have to be cuter and make three or four changes for Tues and the same for the following Sat. So against Burton I would rest the likes of Barbet, Sawyers, Watkins/FloJo

Benefits of having a big squad to pick from, but could understand if Smith didn't make changes.
It's a bit of a lose/lose situation for him - if he changes it and it doesn't work, he gets slated, if he doesn't and it doesn't work, he gets slated.
 
Back
Top Bottom