Team v Everton

tomisabee

Active member
Joined
8 Jan 2008
Messages
1,405
Reaction score
25
Location
Chertsey

Team v Everton

Do we change to a back 5? Does Damsgaard keep his place?

I’m predicting a 4-3-3 given Everton’s lack of firepower, no need to change to a back 5, but Janelt coming into to stiffen up against a strong Everton midfield

Raya

Hickey
Pinnock
Mee
Rico

Norgard
Jenson
Janelt

Wissa
Toney
Bryan

Subs; Cox, Roselev, Jannson, Ajer, Damsgaard, KLP, JDS, Onyenka, Sharde
 

Team v Everton

yes, good, but with Jensen for Jenson etc... etc...
 

Team v Everton

Do we change to a back 5? Does Damsgaard keep his place?

I’m predicting a 4-3-3 given Everton’s lack of firepower, no need to change to a back 5, but Janelt coming into to stiffen up against a strong Everton midfield

Raya

Hickey
Pinnock
Mee
Rico

Norgard
Jenson
Janelt

Wissa
Toney
Bryan

Subs; Cox, Roselev, Jannson, Ajer, Damsgaard, KLP, JDS, Onyenka, Sharde
Agree, but hard call to drop MD after Monday night. That said would he start two on the spin?...
 

Team v Everton

Do we change to a back 5? Does Damsgaard keep his place?

I’m predicting a 4-3-3 given Everton’s lack of firepower, no need to change to a back 5, but Janelt coming into to stiffen up against a strong Everton midfield

Raya

Hickey
Pinnock
Mee
Rico

Norgard
Jenson
Janelt

Wissa
Toney
Bryan

Subs; Cox, Roselev, Jannson, Ajer, Damsgaard, KLP, JDS, Onyenka, Sharde
I agree that unlikely Thomas will revert to a back 5 against an Everton side under Dyche. Having said that we have looked more pedestrian in a 4 3 3 formation against teams that are happy to sit behind the ball. The addition of Damsgaard on Monday to midfield trio gave us that extra dimension and made that formation really click. When Onyeka has played in that formation he also helps us play higher up pitch and link with front 3. Away from home against an Everton side fighting for lives under Dyche I agree that bringing in Janelt (as Onyeka not natch fit) seems the way to go but wouldn't be surprised if Thomas has other thoughts!
 

Team v Everton

Raya

Hickey Ajer Pinnock Mee Henry.

Jensen CN Damsgaard.

BM Toney

Dominate midfield and possession and the long ball/crossing Dyche tactics can easily be dealt with by the 3 CBs. Push Henry and Hickey high and wide. With support from Jensen and Damsgaard.

433 we might struggle to overload areas, and then get caught on the counter with just 2 CBs and CN sitting. With 352 wingbacks can get high. CN doesn't have to sit so much, Jensen and Damsgaard and press high.
 

Team v Everton

I reckon we'll stick with 4-3-3, but strengthen for set-pieces by bringing in Ajer for Hickey, and Janelt for Damsgaard.
 

Team v Everton

I think we'll go back to 5 at the back for this one. Everton will be right up for it and it'll be a bit of an onslaught at the start. Soak that up and then play them off the park. Help send them where they deserve to be!

Raya, Roerslev, Ajer, Pinnock, Mee, Henry, Norgaard, Janelt, Jensen, Toney, Mbeumo

Subs: Cox, Pontus, Hickey, JDS, Damsgaard, Baptiste, Wissa, Schade, Zanka (KLP if fit)
 

Team v Everton

Damsgaard did his fair share of tackling and disruption on Monday. So a close call between him and Janelt …. TF’s job getting harder!
 

Team v Everton

I agree that unlikely Thomas will revert to a back 5 against an Everton side under Dyche. Having said that we have looked more pedestrian in a 4 3 3 formation against teams that are happy to sit behind the ball. The addition of Damsgaard on Monday to midfield trio gave us that extra dimension and made that formation really click. When Onyeka has played in that formation he also helps us play higher up pitch and link with front 3. Away from home against an Everton side fighting for lives under Dyche I agree that bringing in Janelt (as Onyeka not natch fit) seems the way to go but wouldn't be surprised if Thomas has other thoughts!
They will be very physical at home and with Obama, Gueye and DaCoure we need a physical presence so for me it’s Norgaard, Janelt and Jensen
 

Team v Everton

Frank needs to take into consideration the referee . He’s hard gives out yellow cards and not a red this season. Also the worst for penalties from the regular premiership refs. Maybe Pontus should play and Frank the tank should on the bench at least. Wissa doesn’t back away either. Anyway I will trust in Frank as I was one of the idiots complaining when Damsgaard started against the river ? ? and finished up voting for him MOM
 

Team v Everton

This will be a tough match now, imo. If Damsgaard can cope with the start, I'd keep him in, and drop Wissa out for Ajer and a back five.

Dyche has always liked to push his line higher and higher, but this Everton team doesn't have the full backs for it right now, especially with Mykolenko still out? So draw them in and then ping it to Toney. He'll have the beating of Tarkowski and Coady in the air.
 

Team v Everton

This will be a tough match now, imo. If Damsgaard can cope with the start, I'd keep him in, and drop Wissa out for Ajer and a back five.

Dyche has always liked to push his line higher and higher, but this Everton team doesn't have the full backs for it right now, especially with Mykolenko still out? So draw them in and then ping it to Toney. He'll have the beating of Tarkowski and Coady in the air.
Ivan has struggled against Tarkowski in the air in the games I’ve seen.
 

Team v Everton

I've given up making predictions after Monday.
I came here to say exactly the same!

Could be a similar lineup to Monday. First goal is important - Everton have only scored 7 in their last 10 games. We get an early goal and it could be a cricket score.
 

Team v Everton

Everton play a 4-5-1 or variation of I think so maybe TF will go 3-5-2 to start with to match them in the middle and stop us getting overrun and then maybe change later when the game opens up.
 

Team v Everton

I suspect TF will have on his mind we have 3 games in a week so may do some rotation. Wouldn’t want to second guess the line up.
 

Team v Everton

I think we'll go back to 5 at the back for this one. Everton will be right up for it and it'll be a bit of an onslaught at the start. Soak that up and then play them off the park. Help send them where they deserve to be!

Raya, Roerslev, Ajer, Pinnock, Mee, Henry, Norgaard, Janelt, Jensen, Toney, Mbeumo

Subs: Cox, Pontus, Hickey, JDS, Damsgaard, Baptiste, Wissa, Schade, Zanka (KLP if fit)

With five at the back, I don't think we need two DMs against Everton. So, Damsgaard for Janelt and this is about right.
 

Team v Everton

Raya
Hickey Pinnock Mee Henry
Jensen Norgaard Janelt
Schade Toney Damsgaard
 

Team v Everton

Raya is obviously in
Hickey had a decent game. But there's Mads too. Dilemma #1
Go with Mee, Pinnock and Henry. Dont think we will go 5 at the back.
Jensen, Norgaard, Damsgaard/Janelt
Mbuemo, Toney, Wissa.

Schade to come on and then to put Tarky on his backside
 

Team v Everton

--------------------Raya------------------

Hickey---Pinnock---Mee---Henry

--Damsgaard--Norgaard--Jensen

--Mbuemo----Toney---Schade----
 

Team v Everton

With five at the back, I don't think we need two DMs against Everton. So, Damsgaard for Janelt and this is about right.
I think we'll need to deal with a lot of longer balls forward so I think Janelt in there will help. Bring Damsgaard on later when things open up a bit.
 

Team v Everton

I reckon we'll stick with 4-3-3, but strengthen for set-pieces by bringing in Ajer for Hickey, and Janelt for Damsgaard.
Not sure Ajer would strengthen from set-pieces. For a tall lad he's not the greatest in the air, I'd stick with Hickey or Roerslev in the right sided defensive slot personally.
 

Team v Everton

I suspect TF will have on his mind we have 3 games in a week so may do some rotation. Wouldn’t want to second guess the line up.
I suspect he will with obvious candidates to swap roles being Hickey and Roerslev, Damsgaard/Josh/Janelt.

For Saturday I have an inkling Thomas may play same team again and go on front foot against Everton looking at Jensen and Damsgaard to provide openings for the front three. If he decides to be a little more cautious away from home against an Everton team up for a scrap then Janekt for Damsgaard on basis Onyeka not yet match fit.
 

Team v Everton

Raya
Hickey Pinnock Mee Henry
Jensen Norgaard Janelt
Mbeumo Toney Schade
 

Team v Everton

The only way they’ll score is set pieces and they’ve quite a few giants. I think bringing Ajer in makes sense. It’s not a negative move to add a bit more height and negate the opposition’s main chance of scoring.

We still have more than enough attacking threat in a 3-5-2 plus huge firepower from the bench.
 

Team v Everton

Wow. So many choices, so many players fighting for places! What a great problem to have!

Maybe we need to think of this as the first of three games in 8 days. TF likely to play 4-3-3 against Soton and Leicester so maybe he'll rotate a couple of players and go 5-3-2 at Goodison. Also think he may give some minutes to FTT and keep things tight to begin with. If so then maybe...

Raya
Ajer Pinnock Mee
Roerslev Jensen Norgaard Onyeka Henry
Mbeumo Toney

But to be honest who knows, and who cares as whoever TF picks will get the job done. COYB!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Team v Everton

Raya
Ajer Pinnock Mee
Roerslev Damsgaard Norgaard Jensen Henry
Mbeumo Toney
Subs: Cox Hickey Wissa Jansson Schade Baptiste Onyeka Janelt Dasilva
 

Team v Everton

My team for Everton.

Raya

Hickey Ajer Mee Pinnock Henry
Norgaard Jensen Damsgaard
Toney Mbeumo
 

Team v Everton

We will be playing in sleet. Weather will be a great leveller and may suit Dyche’s gritty determination more than a fast, attacking approach.
 

Team v Everton

We will be playing in sleet. Weather will be a great leveller and may suit Dyche’s gritty determination more than a fast, attacking approach.
We’ve got players who come from a long line of Antarctic explorers and don’t forget connections to The Heroes of Telemark and Where Eagles dare. Our players don’t stop because of a bit of snow, winter chain studs on and they’ll be fine
 

Team v Everton

We will be playing in sleet. Weather will be a great leveller and may suit Dyche’s gritty determination more than a fast, attacking approach.
Well, we're not exactly a tippy-tappy side either so hardly think that'll be an issue!
 

Team v Everton

Looking forward to watching the Sky Sports YouTube highlights of this one tomorrow
 

Team v Everton

I'd go with an unchanged lineup from Fulham, not just because we did well that game and if it ain't broke don't fix it, but also because I think it's our best high press lineup. Damsgaard lead the press alongside Toney at Fulham and it worked a treat, +Damsgaards passing could help unlock their defence.

Sympathetic to the idea of 352 and going man for man in the midfield though. I fancy Toney and mbeumo to break through in a 2v4 much more than maupay in a 1v3. It's just that I think going down that road will be a low scoring slog of a game, which sounds on the surface of it like it would benefit dyche.
 

Team v Everton

I think we should go for a 3-5-2 lineup for this one, bringing in Ajer for Wissa and Vitaly in for Damsgaard. Looking at the home game we played where we went 4-3-3 and we were missing Ethan. With Dyche in charge Everton are going to set up with a 4-5-1 and it’s going to be very physical and direct and we’ve not always come out on top against the more physical teams when we’ve gone 4-3-3. We’ll need some height and strength in the team. It’ll also be a battle for Ivan, too, against Tarkowski who’s done well against him when they’ve played against each other. This may sound a bit pessimistic after Monday’s game, but I’d rather we got something from this game, even if only a point. Like always we need to start well and capitalise on chances we get. No doubt Thomas will have a plan for all the games this week and will probably rotate a bit. Looking forward to my first visit to Goodison Park.
 

Team v Everton

352 with a more gritty midfield 3 so Janelt for Damsgaard and Roerslev for Hickey, Wissa dropping to the bench and Ajer coming in as RCB
 

Team v Everton

Guess there's a question over Damsgaard, but I'd start him. Keeping his momentum going plus if we are serious about his place, playing two games in a row is something he will eventually need to do, so why not today. Unchanged for me.
 

Team v Everton

see little reason to tinker at all with the starting line up that faced fulham
 
Back
Top Bottom