Team V Fulham

Ace Face

Well-known member
Joined
17 Jan 2001
Messages
15,429
Reaction score
2,995
Location
North Stand

Team V Fulham

Daniels

Clarke Egan Bjellend Barbet

Komo Woods

Canos Nico Watkins

Vibe
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley

10 other players.

I just think there comes a time when if someone is costing us points and maybe unsettling the other defenders that you need to give him a rest and it is time to take Bentley out of the firing line for a while and see what Daniels can do. He is an experienced keeper who we gave a 3 year deal to so he is no tyro.
 

Team V Fulham

I just think there comes a time when if someone is costing us points and maybe unsettling the other defenders that you need to give him a rest and it is time to take Bentley out of the firing line for a while and see what Daniels can do. He is an experienced keeper who we gave a 3 year deal to so he is no tyro.

Saturday is not that game. Saturday is not the match to try out Daniels in The Championship. Saturday is not the time for experiments.
 

Team V Fulham

I just think there comes a time when if someone is costing us points and maybe unsettling the other defenders that you need to give him a rest and it is time to take Bentley out of the firing line for a while and see what Daniels can do. He is an experienced keeper who we gave a 3 year deal to so he is no tyro.

Yes I know it was a lower division, but Daniels kept a lot of clean sheets last season, give him a chance at the moment he can be no worse than Bentley
 

Team V Fulham

Rebus

Rebus
Rebus
Rebus
Rebus

Rebus
Rebus
Rebus

Rebus
Rebus
Rebus

We’d lose 36-0 but wouldn’t be bottling out of challenges in midfield and any strikers backside would have been kicked from start to finish.

Still fuming.
 

Team V Fulham

Saturday is not that game. Saturday is not the match to try out Daniels in The Championship. Saturday is not the time for experiments.

I hear what you say and if he keeps his place, maybe being in the last chance saloon will motivate and inspire him but at the moment he is not doing his job well enough.

Is he mentally strong or will he collapse under the pressure?
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley

Clarke
Egan
Bjelland
Barbet

Woods
Mokotjo
Mceachran

Canos
Vibe
Watkins
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley
Clarke Mepham Bjelland Barbet
Nico Woods
Canos Sawyers
Vibe Shaibu

Feck knows really but I really enjoy Watkins but he needs a break, Flo being injured messes up any plans with width, Canos and Sawyers move around with a bit of freedom, going wide when needed and Shaibu and Mepham are both carried off as heros, I think I'll go with rebus' team though and ain't nearly as peed off as he is.
 

Team V Fulham

Saturday is not that game. Saturday is not the match to try out Daniels in The Championship. Saturday is not the time for experiments.

Yep, of course which makes my mad selection even more mental.
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley

Clarke Egan Bjelland Barbet

Nico Woods Mokotjo

Canos Vibe Watkins

Subs: Daniels, Mepham, McEachran, Sawyers, Shaibu, Ilias, Macleod

I think we need to give Mokotjo a consistent run in the team now.
 

Team V Fulham

Daniels
Dalsgaard?(Clarke)Egan, Bjelland, Clarke(Barbet)
Woods
Mokotjo, Yennaris
Canos, Vibe ,Watkins
 

Team V Fulham

Daniels
Clarke Egan Bjelland Barbet
Woods Yennaris
Canos Sawyers Watkins
Vibe
 

Team V Fulham

Daniels
Clarke, Barbet I suppose , when is Dalsgaard back?
Egan, Bjelland.
Mokotjo, McEachran, MacLeod,
Watkins/Josefzoon , Canos, Vibe.
 

Team V Fulham

You’re joking. He’s a grade A bottler. We can’t carry passengers in the Champ.

All about opinions but I like him (Mokotjo). Pick of our midfield last night. We have some other passengers mind you
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley

Clarke
Egan
Mepham
Barbet

Woods
Mokotjo
Sawyers

Canos
Vibe
Watkins

I'd stick with Bentley for this one as Fulham are not really the sort of side to lump it into the box a lot. Though he is a decent footballer, Bjelland just does not convince me: I would expect better positioning, pace and dominance from an established Danish international. Mepham has looked good apart from his very first game, and his extra pace could be especially useful against Fulham -- time to see what he can do week in, week out. Nico seems to have lost some form, so time for a rest for him, too.
 

Team V Fulham

I'll never be a fan of the Woods/Nico/Mokotjo midfield, it's just too negative. I like them all individually, but as a collective they just don't have the creativity we need to break teams down. I know he unfortunately played his part in their equaliser too, but you could see the almost immediate impact Sawyers made when he came on last night.

I also agree with calls that Saturday isn't the time to be seeing if Daniels is up to scratch in the Championship or not. Were it not a derby game, I'd 100% be saying now is the time to drop Bentley, but as it is I don't want to take that risk. Better the devil you know and all that.

Due to injuries and frustratingly Maupay's suspension, I'd say just play the same team as yesterday, but obviously with Watkins starting in place of Jozefzoon and Sawyers starting in place of either Yennaris or Mokotjo. Probably Mokotjo if I had to choose.
 

Team V Fulham

To drop Bentley would be madness against Fulham. Not the time or place to play a keeper who has had minimal minutes. How about we support our young keeper.
 

Team V Fulham

I'll never be a fan of the Woods/Nico/Mokotjo midfield

Me too, it works well at some away games, we destroyed Ipswich for 40 mins with it, stopped Boro doing much etc but it's Woods and another for me with Kamo being too similar and not quite at the level of Woods at the mo.
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley has now made 3 major errors in the last few games (Sunderland, Leeds, QPR) which have cost us points. He is an excellent young GK but only the management know if his confidence needs rebuilding. If he needs to rest for a couple of games to get his A game back, then I would support it. But he cannot just carry on making mistakes which are costing the team points. Daniels has come with a very reputation so maybe it is time to check him out.
 

Team V Fulham

I've just spoken to my German friend. He says stick with the same team but we should swap our home fans with Bristol City...proper fans he was telling me*




*Joke.:D He said we should have five defensive midfielders, including one up top and find a proper left back, although don't bring in Craig Woodman if we can help it.
 
Last edited:

Team V Fulham

In all seriousness to the post above, as the 12th man we need to dust ourselves off, accept yesterday's mishap and get behind the team on Saturday as am sure they're hurting as much as we are. Don't see any need for drastic changes, we outplayed Rangers for 90 mins yesterday but for a silly goalkeeping mistake which I'm sure Bentley will learn from, we were good for our money.
 
Last edited:

Team V Fulham

Against Fulham we will need a bit more pace at the back so one of the CBs to be replaced by Mepham. IMO we should start with Mojo and Woods in front of the back four as we will need protection.Sawyers , Watkins and Canos in the three mid in front to give a goal threat with Vibe retaining his place as the sole striker.
 

Team V Fulham

You’re joking. He’s a grade A bottler. We can’t carry passengers in the Champ.

I think technically he's great, gets around the pitch and adds something to our play. But the tough tackling defensive midfielder we were all hoping for he most certainly is not. How he got the nickname the General is beyond me.
 

Team V Fulham

I'll never be a fan of the Woods/Nico/Mokotjo midfield, it's just too negative. I like them all individually, but as a collective they just don't have the creativity we need to break teams down. I know he unfortunately played his part in their equaliser too, but you could see the almost immediate impact Sawyers made when he came on last night.

I also agree with calls that Saturday isn't the time to be seeing if Daniels is up to scratch in the Championship or not. Were it not a derby game, I'd 100% be saying now is the time to drop Bentley, but as it is I don't want to take that risk. Better the devil you know and all that.

Due to injuries and frustratingly Maupay's suspension, I'd say just play the same team as yesterday, but obviously with Watkins starting in place of Jozefzoon and Sawyers starting in place of either Yennaris or Mokotjo. Probably Mokotjo if I had to choose.

Spot on. I've said this many times, imo you have to have some creativity in the middle. Saywers or Watkins must start.
 

Team V Fulham

Bentley
Clarke Egan Bjelland Barbet
Mokotjo Woods Sawyers
Canos Vibe Flo (Watkins if injured)
 

Team V Fulham

Your perception of reality is unique.

I say what I see. Which is at the games and not via a computer screen but you’re entitled to your view of him. As alluded earlier, how he got the nickname general is a mystery.

There were a handful of occasions last night when he refused to put himself on the line for the team, which is something I cannot abide. This guy should be running games but overall has been average since joining.
 

Team V Fulham

I say what I see. Which is at the games and not via a computer screen but you’re entitled to your view of him. As alluded earlier, how he got the nickname general is a mystery.

There were a handful of occasions last night when he refused to put himself on the line for the team, which is something I cannot abide. This guy should be running games but overall has been average since joining.

I've watched pretty much every game live so don't know what you're on about really. Are you confusing him with Sawyers? I know which one has played in the rough and tumble of the English leagues all his career and should know better and which one is still settling in and adjusting to the pace.

Ryan Woods took a season of regular championship games to get up to the standard he's at now. You can't even blame this apparent poor signing on your best mate Ted.
 

Team V Fulham

You can't even blame this apparent poor signing on your best mate Ted.

I can because he recommended “the General” in 2015 but we didn’t end up getting him at the time.

Ryan Woods was fine when he joined, there wasn’t any adjustment period.
 

Team V Fulham

To drop Bentley would be madness against Fulham. Not the time or place to play a keeper who has had minimal minutes. How about we support our young keeper.

Hes dropped 3 crosses leading to goals in his last how many games. I think he needs to be left out for his own good. He needs a break to work on his game and taken out of the cauldron.

Daniels kept a lot of clean sheets last season and if he doesnt play now then what was the point of signing him.
 

Team V Fulham

I can because he recommended “the General” in 2015 but we didn’t end up getting him at the time.

Ryan Woods was fine when he joined, there wasn’t any adjustment period.

apart from this on his debut. In fact a few of these as he adjusted to the pace

[YTB]40yHwQZaURo?t=1m31s[/YTB]
 

Team V Fulham

I can because he recommended “the General” in 2015 but we didn’t end up getting him at the time.

Amazing! Even though Ted told you on this forum we're 2 years too late and he doesn't rate him as highly anymore. Are Phil & Rasmus still processing Ted's to do list?
 

Team V Fulham

I wouldn't have a problem with Daniels starting. If Bentley wasn't able to start would we be overly concerned? I do have a concern with the CB and keeper from last night. If one has a 'mare he can dress himself and move on to the next chance to correct the mistakes. If you have three who are struggling because they aren't confident in the other two, then that's different. If it wasn't Fulham and Dalsgaad being injured I would ask for Daniels, Mepham and Barbet in centre.

I don't know who should start, but I would love 3 points and a confidence boost. We haven't dominated games and played well for quite a while.
 

Team V Fulham

If a game against local rivals is not the game to start Daniels then is it the game to risk Bentley who will be under even more pressure bearing in mind his performance against - local rivals? I trust DS who, as a former CB, should be able to identify where the problems are between our CBs and keeper but, if DB starts, expect a collective holding of breath when the first high ball goes into the box.

I would start the same side that started at QPR with Sawyers in for Florian if he hasn't recovered.
 

Team V Fulham

5a1dba43e0a14.jpg
http://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/218816
 

Team V Fulham

No keeper... Interesting.
Oh. Yennaris at right back. Even more interesting.

oops should of picked our number 1 dan b, i put yennaris rb as we now he is a good solid right back and allow clarke to play in his best position as he is the best right winger at the club and can also hit the back of net when playing in that position.
 

Team V Fulham

oops should of picked our number 1 dan b, i put yennaris rb as we now he is a good solid right back and allow clarke to play in his best position as he is the best right winger at the club and can also hit the back of net when playing in that position.

I can't ever remember Yennaris playing well at right back. It has to be Clarke there until Dalsgaard is fit again.
 
Back
Top Bottom