Team v Newcastle

Streetboy

Active member
Joined
8 Jan 2001
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,305
Location
Stevenage

Team v Newcastle

Should be an interesting one if Zanka isn't fit to start. With TF talking about trying different formations in his presser, I wonder if he'd be tempted to switch back to 4-4-3, or even a 4-5-1 (if that offers more protection), until Zanka is fit to return. The only option for retaining the 5-3-2 I can see is Norgaard dropping back into the back five, but I just think he's too crucial to our midfield at the moment. And in the kindest possible way, I just don't think Goode is to being a Premier League defender.

Fernandez, Canos, Pinnock, Jansson, Henry, Ghoddos, Norgaard, Janelt, Onyeka, Mbeumo, Toney
 

Team v Newcastle

Should be an interesting one if Zanka isn't fit to start. With TF talking about trying different formations in his presser, I wonder if he'd be tempted to switch back to 4-4-3, or even a 4-5-1 (if that offers more protection), until Zanka is fit to return. The only option for retaining the 5-3-2 I can see is Norgaard dropping back into the back five, but I just think he's too crucial to our midfield at the moment. And in the kindest possible way, I just don't think Goode is to being a Premier League defender.

Fernandez, Canos, Pinnock, Jansson, Henry, Ghoddos, Norgaard, Janelt, Onyeka, Mbeumo, Toney
I dont get why Goode gets so much stick he has played quite well when called upon imo.
 

Team v Newcastle

I dont get why Goode gets so much stick he has played quite well when called upon imo.
Agree, I also don't think Canos is good enough as an out an out right back in a 4.
 

Team v Newcastle

Agree, I also don't think Canos is good enough as an out an out right back in a 4.
deffo , if we go 433 Roerslev will come in at RB
 

Team v Newcastle

I'd love Goode to make me eat my words, I'm just not sure on him as a starter tbh. Another option if TF goes for four at the back is Roerslev at RB and Canos pushing up as part of the front three (like the start of last season, although Canos didn't fare so well then and came into his own as a converted wing back). Of course, Zanka could recover regardless and this all mean nothing.
 

Team v Newcastle

Let’s stick with 532, we seriously haven’t been that bad over the last few games (Norwich was a little poor at times but we still could have won it)

Fernandez
Henry
Pinnock
Norsgaard
Jansson
Canos
Janelt
Ghoddos
Onyeka
Bryan
Toney

That team would have won the play off final (when we had Christian at CB) and has a chance of beating Newcastle IMO.
 

Team v Newcastle

619795877be37.jpg
https://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/359498
 

Team v Newcastle

I would understand if TF sticks for this game with a 3-5-2 made up with pretty much the normal, available personnel, but hopefully Ghoddos as part of the middle three just behind the strikers.

However, we need IMO more pace and forward drive in the team, greater creativity in the final third and better distribution from the back. Some of these should come from returning players over the next few weeks but they might also require a formation shift or Norgaard dropping back again.
 

Team v Newcastle

If Zanka doesn't make it, I wonder if Rico might be used in the back 3, moving Canos to LWB and bringing in Roserslev RWB.

That being said, I don't think Goode in a back 3 is any less of an option. We can only pick from what we've got available!
 

Team v Newcastle

If Zanka doesn't make it, I wonder if Rico might be used in the back 3, moving Canos to LWB and bringing in Roserslev RWB.

That being said, I don't think Goode in a back 3 is any less of an option. We can only pick from what we've got available!

Gosh no. We need Pinnock in that position.
 

Team v Newcastle

Canos can’t play right back in a 4 unfortunately. Personally don’t think Roerslev is PL level in a 4 either, so can’t see us trying 4-3-3 until January. If we wanted a change of formation I’d like to see 3-4-3, with Wissa in from the start, but he won’t be fit for this game so that’s out the window.

Fernandez
Zanka Jansson Pinnock
Canos Onyeka Norgaard Janelt Henry
Mbeumo Toney

Baptiste for Frank if he’s fit enough to start.
 

Team v Newcastle

We're gonna need a decent bench. Ghoddos, Baptiste, Wissa, Jenssen and Goode, hopefully will all be available plus Roeslev and Bidstrup.
 

Team v Newcastle

Presuming that Raya, Zanka, Ajer, Sorensen, Baptiste, Dasilva, Wissa are all injured.

Alvaro
Jansson Pinnock Janelt
Mbeumo Onyeka Norgaard Henry
Ghoddos Canos
Toney

An interesting experiment to see if we can get more out of Canos cutting in from the left and creating overloads with Henry.

Fluid movement between Janelt and Norgaard; both can drop into the back three and both can step forward into midfield.

A “back three” and a combative midfield two so should be defensively solid, but still plenty of creativity with Mbeumo, Canos and Ghoddos.

Bit of a risk going with Jansson as RCB and Mbeumo as RWB but always the option to swap Canos over there or bring on Roerslev.
 

Team v Newcastle

Eddie Howe OUT

#CovidPositive
 

Team v Newcastle

Can Roerslev play the right sided centre back role? Has the height. Decent pace.
 

Team v Newcastle

We're gonna need a decent bench. Ghoddos, Baptiste, Wissa, Jenssen and Goode, hopefully will all be available plus Roeslev and Bidstrup.
Who on earth is starting if they’re all on the bench???
 

Team v Newcastle

deffo , if we go 433 Roerslev will come in at RB
Roerslev’s looked good on his last couple of outings (save the cup where everyone was all over the shop), would be happy to give him a start, offers more going forward than Sergi on that side and may free up Canos to play further forward in a three with Toney and Mbeumo
 

Team v Newcastle

Who on earth is starting if they’re all on the bench???
Our choice for first team as quoted by many above. Just saying we need a strong bench and hoping that those I've listed will be available. If no Zanca then Goode may start and Ghoddos possibly for FTT.
 

Team v Newcastle

At least the Magpies will be without their manager for this game. (other than by remote communication). I expect this will give us a better chance of winning.
 

Team v Newcastle

At least the Magpies will be without their manager for this game. (other than by remote communication). I expect this will give us a better chance of winning.
Certainly take the wind out their sails a bit as he was due a big reception apparently.
 

Team v Newcastle

Let’s stick with 532, we seriously haven’t been that bad over the last few games (Norwich was a little poor at times but we still could have won it)

Fernandez
Henry
Pinnock
Norsgaard
Jansson
Canos
Janelt
Ghoddos
Onyeka
Bryan
Toney

That team would have won the play off final (when we had Christian at CB) and has a chance of beating Newcastle IMO.
65% against Norwich and far more shots on/off target than them, it looked worse during the game because Norwich have been a joke all season and we beat Arsenal and drew with Liverpool and we should have smashed them not been in a neck and neck game, ultimately no games are easy but over 90 mins we weren’t that bad.
If Zanka doesn't make it, I wonder if Rico might be used in the back 3, moving Canos to LWB and bringing in Roserslev RWB.

That being said, I don't think Goode in a back 3 is any less of an option. We can only pick from what we've got available!

I can’t see us ever playing Rico CB to be honest,
 

Team v Newcastle

65% against Norwich and far more shots on/off target than them, it looked worse during the game because Norwich have been a joke all season and we beat Arsenal and drew with Liverpool and we should have smashed them not been in a neck and neck game, ultimately no games are easy but over 90 mins we weren’t that bad.


I can’t see us ever playing Rico CB to be honest,

Hes only 4ft 6 so not a great idea
 

Team v Newcastle

Goode obviously not trusted. Will be interesting to see 4-3-3 again. Ghoddos will be important to make sure Toney isn't isolated. COYR.
 

Team v Newcastle

Interesting line-up. First league game this season. COYR!!!
 

Team v Newcastle

I really wanted to see this formation. We will attack attack attack with this!

Wooohooo
 

Team v Newcastle

I can’t see us ever playing Rico CB to be honest,
Will be interesting to see how we line up given the team just announced! Will either be Rico or Roerslev in the back 3. Or we revert to a 4-3-3 with Canos further forward. EDIT: Or Norgaard in the back 3, but that seems the least likely I think.
 

Team v Newcastle

Can Roerslev play the right sided centre back role? Has the height. Decent pace.
We’ll I did ask didn’t I.

Had a pretty torrid game. ASM scared the life out of him (and other bees to, to be fair) and seemed to have a total lack of confidence on the ball.

He’ll only get better by playing but judging by today that playing time needs to be gained elsewhere. Playing once every 3mths is no good to the likes of him and Forss.
 
Back
Top Bottom