Team v Rotherham

tomisabee

Active member
Joined
8 Jan 2008
Messages
1,405
Reaction score
25
Location
Chertsey

Team v Rotherham

Given squad rotation with so many games piling up and current injured players, as well as Franks tactical change of formation against QPR, id go something like;

Raya

Pinnock
Jansson
Sorensen

Canos
Jenson
Marcondes
DaSilva
Henry

Forrs
Toney

3-5-2 with Canos and Henry wing backs and two out and out strikers.... can’t see it happening however but I’d like to see it given a go.
 

Team v Rotherham

Given squad rotation with so many games piling up and current injured players, as well as Franks tactical change of formation against QPR, id go something like;

Raya

Pinnock
Jansson
Sorensen

Canos
Jenson
Marcondes
DaSilva
Henry

Forrs
Toney

3-5-2 with Canos and Henry wing backs and two out and out strikers.... can’t see it happening however but I’d like to see it given a go.
Would stick Fosu at wing back far better there than Canos who can’t tackle and would be a liability.
 

Team v Rotherham

Given squad rotation with so many games piling up and current injured players, as well as Franks tactical change of formation against QPR, id go something like;

Raya

Pinnock
Jansson
Sorensen

Canos
Jenson
Marcondes
DaSilva
Henry

Forrs
Toney

3-5-2 with Canos and Henry wing backs and two out and out strikers.... can’t see it happening however but I’d like to see it given a go.
I wouldn't mind us trying the above but Henry for Canos,Thompson for Henry
 

Team v Rotherham

5fc3efd990a8c.jpg
Formation: 331923
 

Team v Rotherham

Raya, Henry, Pontus, Pinnock, Thompson, Janelt, DaSilva, Marcondes, Ghoddos, Toney, Mbeumo.

Subs: Daniels, Stevens, Sorenson, Jensen, Canos, Fosu, Forss, Gilbert, Pressley
 

Team v Rotherham

Went off with 'minor injury' at HT v QPR.. No word on what injury was or whether he'll be available on Tuesday but would guess prob not going to risk it
thanks
 

Team v Rotherham

l have no idea the half time changes friday night makes me think I’ll leave it to Thomas as I’ve come to the conclusion he knows best.
 

Team v Rotherham

l have no idea the half time changes friday night makes me think I’ll leave it to Thomas as I’ve come to the conclusion he knows best.
His pick can't be as wild and whacky as on here!
 

Team v Rotherham

I'm hoping for Jensen and Janelt, expecting four at the back, and not expecting any Osayi Samuel type pace, but hoping as many get a run out as possible. I think it's fine to try giving our more established players a rest with this five-sub rule.
 

Team v Rotherham

Raya, Henry, Pontus, Pinnock, Thompson, Janelt, DaSilva, Marcondes, Ghoddos, Toney, Mbeumo.

Subs: Daniels, Stevens, Sorenson, Jensen, Canos, Fosu, Forss, Gilbert, Pressley

That with Fosu for Ghoddas not least because DT might need more support in front of him than Ghoddas will provide
 

Team v Rotherham

Ghoddos is not ready for ninety minutes, but there are five subs allowed. Be interesting to see what can do from the off. Same for a few of them though.
 

Team v Rotherham

Ghoddos is not ready for ninety minutes, but there are five subs allowed. Be interesting to see what can do from the off. Same for a few of them though.
Why's he not ready for 90 mins yet? He's been here a couple of months now? I feel like it's a good game for him to start for sure, even if he doesn't last the 90.
 

Team v Rotherham

I'm hoping for Jensen and Janelt, expecting four at the back, and not expecting any Osayi Samuel type pace, but hoping as many get a run out as possible. I think it's fine to try giving our more established players a rest with this five-sub rule.

I think Thomas will play the cards he has with players he has and play a back three with wing backs of Rico and Sergi with Henrik and Josh either completely rested or on bench so

Raya

pinnock
Pontus
Sorensen

Canos
Marcondes
Janelt
Jansen
Rico

Mbeumo
Toney
Fosu

The alternative is to throw STEVENS in at right back in traditional back four but in such an away game i dont think Thomas will take that risk as could hurt STEVENS development if doesn’t work. At home with a bees crowd in support a different matter.
 

Team v Rotherham

Seems like Rotherham fans are expecting a more physical game to slow down our play and stop Toney who has caused them issues in previous seasons.
I'd play a more physical team rather than risking players like Marcondes and Canos who are better technical players. Janelt should do well.
 

Attachments

  • starting 11.jpg
    starting 11.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 15

Team v Rotherham

Why's he not ready for 90 mins yet? He's been here a couple of months now? I feel like it's a good game for him to start for sure, even if he doesn't last the 90.

Got to agree with this. I think he is fit enough to play 90 and if he isn't I would be concerned given he's been here a while now.
 

Team v Rotherham

I think Thomas will play the cards he has with players he has and play a back three with wing backs of Rico and Sergi with Henrik and Josh either completely rested or on bench so

Raya

pinnock
Pontus
Sorensen

Canos
Marcondes
Janelt
Jansen
Rico

Mbeumo
Toney
Fosu

The alternative is to throw STEVENS in at right back in traditional back four but in such an away game i dont think Thomas will take that risk as could hurt STEVENS development if doesn’t work. At home with a bees crowd in support a different matter.

whilst I like this team not sure we can play 12 players :)

I think it be a real tough game and seeing highlights of Rotherham against Bournemouth defending set pieces will be a key battle.
 

Team v Rotherham

Seems like Rotherham fans are expecting a more physical game to slow down our play and stop Toney who has caused them issues in previous seasons.
I'd play a more physical team rather than risking players like Marcondes and Canos who are better technical players. Janelt should do well.

i don’t see that Fosu and Jensen are any more physical than Marcondes or Canos? If they’re going to try and slow the play down then really we need players who can move themselves and the ball quickly and intelligently to get around that. I’d go for Marcondes ahead of Jensen as he’s so good at finding space whereas Jensen tends to like to play a little deeper and pick out passes. No use picking passes if there’s no-one making runs! Might be a moot point anyway it JDS isn’t fully fit.. I’d put Ghoddos in for similar reasons though not convinced he’s fit enough yet..
 

Team v Rotherham

Sergi was a bit of a revelation at right wing back so not a bad call if HD is rested.
 

Team v Rotherham

Got to agree with this. I think he is fit enough to play 90 and if he isn't I would be concerned given he's been here a while now.
Sergi's been available longer yet he's not fit enough to play 90.
 

Team v Rotherham

Sergi was a bit of a revelation at right wing back so not a bad call if HD is rested.

He was against Sheff Wed I believe a couple of seasons ago. Looks so much more comfortable on the right hand side.
 

Team v Rotherham

Would stick Fosu at wing back far better there than Canos who can’t tackle and would be a liability.

Fosu did play well at a conventional right back position in one of the Carabao Cup games - Fulham I think. Canos has played pretty effectively at Right Wing back for us as well though. I do quite like the idea of Wing-backs with Henry and one of those two on the right hand side though.
 

Team v Rotherham

Fosu did play well at a conventional right back position in one of the Carabao Cup games - Fulham I think. Canos has played pretty effectively at Right Wing back for us as well though. I do quite like the idea of Wing-backs with Henry and one of those two on the right hand side though.
Marcondes didn't look too shabby at right wing back in the second half on Friday, either. Playing half or a full game in the position doesn't really make a player a specialist in the role, though.
 

Team v Rotherham

Canos has played as a RWB previously and it plays to his strengths. Am I alone in feeling that he has suffered from the club's preference for a right sided attacking player on the left and vice-versa? In his pomp he always played down the right and often beat a man before crossing with his right foot. Yes, his tackling may be a little unthoughtful at times, but he could press an opposing full-back into his own half ...
 

Team v Rotherham

So no Sergi then ???

my big concern about Sergi as was evident on Friday evening is that he has a habit of giving away needless free kicks. If he can sort this part of his game out and become more ‘intelligent’ then I wouldn’t mind having him as a wing back. Although I am not convinced TF will go with 3 at the back from the off. Let’s see.
 

Team v Rotherham

He was against Sheff Wed I believe a couple of seasons ago. Looks so much more comfortable on the right hand side.

I don't know enough about Rotherham to know if 3-4-3 would be a sound tactical approach, but if it is then I wouldn't be surprised to see Fosu or Sergi at RWB.
 

Team v Rotherham

Given squad rotation with so many games piling up and current injured players, as well as Franks tactical change of formation against QPR, id go something like;

Raya

Pinnock
Jansson
Sorensen

Canos
Jenson
Marcondes
DaSilva
Henry

Forrs
Toney

3-5-2 with Canos and Henry wing backs and two out and out strikers.... can’t see it happening however but I’d like to see it given a go.
No Janelt? No thank you
 

Team v Rotherham

Agree with this. TF wouldn't keep putting Stevens on the bench if he wasn't considered capable. Better than switching Henry and bringing in Thompson. Rico is brilliant on the left and likely to be our next big money move if we don't go up this season.
 

Team v Rotherham

I would also play Stevens, we need to play people in their correct position, Rico wouldn’t be as effective on the right.
 

Team v Rotherham

I would also play Stevens, we need to play people in their correct position, Rico wouldn’t be as effective on the right.

I'd be surprised if we started with Stevens. He's a good prospect but it's a big ask for him to start a Championship game away against am aggressive, hard pressing team like Rotherham. They'd target him from the off. Watching B team games he's got a bit of a tendency to get wound up so it might not work out too well!
 

Team v Rotherham

i don’t see that Fosu and Jensen are any more physical than Marcondes or Canos? If they’re going to try and slow the play down then really we need players who can move themselves and the ball quickly and intelligently to get around that. I’d go for Marcondes ahead of Jensen as he’s so good at finding space whereas Jensen tends to like to play a little deeper and pick out passes. No use picking passes if there’s no-one making runs! Might be a moot point anyway it JDS isn’t fully fit.. I’d put Ghoddos in for similar reasons though not convinced he’s fit enough yet..
We've played Fosu as right back and he was amazing. Definitely can tackle better than Canos, he's also just performed better overall. Marcondes is better against technical teams and likes to have space, Jensen has good enough footwork to make space for himself.
 
Back
Top Bottom