Team v Tottenham

Team v Tottenham

I think it's just a question of

Ajer vs Zanka
Hickey vs Roerslev
Wissa vs Schade

Rest of the team picks itself IMO, 3-5-2 with Onyeka in midfield.
 

Team v Tottenham

My team for Spurs

Raya

Hickey Ajer Mee Pinnock Henry
Janelt Onyeka Jensen
Wissa Mbeumo
 

Team v Tottenham

Iva........... oh ..
 

Team v Tottenham

Raya

Hickey Zanka Mee Pinnock Rico

Janelt Jensen Damsgaard

Wissa Bryan
 

Team v Tottenham

Raya

Hickey Zanka Mee Pinnock Rico

Janelt Jensen Damsgaard

Wissa Bryan
Actually think I might put Ajer in ahead of Zanka though. Will need to be able to bring the ball out as we'll have trouble keeping it up top with Wissa/Bryan. Janelt can drop deep as he marauds forward.
 

Team v Tottenham

With how Tottenham have been, I see no need for a 3-5-2 unless the mentality is to have an even match and then put a bunch of offensive players on to the field to push for late goals to win.

Actually, I’ve talked myself into a 3-5-2
Raya
Ajer Pinnock Mee
Hickey Jensen Onyeka Janelt Henry
Mbeumo Wissa
Able to sub on Dasilva, damsgaard, Schade, and Baptiste on to push for something late. I’m tentative about putting too much of an offensive team on the field and the. Falling behind and having too few good offensive options to bring on.
 

Team v Tottenham

We might even go 433. I'm worried about the spaces behind Rico and Hickey in a back 5 with Son and Kulesewski lurking. Could be like Brighton away. Might be time to have a real go at a struggling Spurs team with a front three.
 

Team v Tottenham

Raya
Henry
Mee
Pinnock
Zanka
Hickey
Jensen
Janelt
Damsgaard
Mbuemo
Wissa

Cox Ajer Ghoddos Roerslev Onyeka Dasilva Schade Crama Olakigbe
 

Team v Tottenham

We might even go 433. I'm worried about the spaces behind Rico and Hickey in a back 5 with Son and Kulesewski lurking. Could be like Brighton away. Might be time to have a real go at a struggling Spurs team with a front three.
I see no point in playing 3 CBs in what would effectively be a back 5. I know we get more cash the higher we finish in the league but the only important thing to play for in the remaining 2 games is the very small chance of getting into Europe. Win at Spurs and we give ourselves a real chance of that. To take everyone's mind off Toney, let's go for it with a front 3 of Mbuemo, Wissa in the centre where he's most effective, and Schade. Spurs have a very Spursy defence and the pace of that front three should give them nightmares. The rest of the team should also be the same as last week. Don't see any reason to keep chopping and changing the midfield. Damsgaard was good last week, made a lot of tackles and passes and was close to scoring at least twice
 

Team v Tottenham

I would prefer Ajer as Tottenham do attack at pace. He can play further up the pitch which will be necessary as Kane drops a fair way back nowadays so no point leaving three CBs deep.
 

Team v Tottenham

Usually I would prefer a back 3/5 at Spurs, but I would be curious to see whether we are capable of playing a more possession based game against such a team, as our direct style will be less effective unless the opposition play a very high line.

4/3/3 for me
 

Team v Tottenham

I think we will go 5 at the back like we do with most away games especially against the so called bigger teams.
Stifle them then go nick it in the last 20 mins.
 

Team v Tottenham

I think we will go 5 at the back like we do with most away games especially against the so called bigger teams.
Stifle them then go nick it in the last 20 mins.
I would normally agree but really don't think Spurs deserve that much respect and are eminently beatable home or away
 

Team v Tottenham

I would normally agree but really don't think Spurs deserve that much respect and are eminently beatable home or away
Spurs are Spursy- they could let us hammer them or they could blow us away. They’ve got great attacking quality and we’d be silly to leave them an invitation to deploy it. Our slim chance of 7th and ECL requires a win and a tight 1-0 or 2-1 that’s been fought for will be a better way than underestimating them in the expectation we can get a 4-0 walkover. It’d also help not to provoke them into a reaction in their last game as if we do win we’ll want them to lose at Elland Road.
 

Team v Tottenham

Spurs are Spursy- they could let us hammer them or they could blow us away. They’ve got great attacking quality and we’d be silly to leave them an invitation to deploy it. Our slim chance of 7th and ECL requires a win and a tight 1-0 or 2-1 that’s been fought for will be a better way than underestimating them in the expectation we can get a 4-0 walkover. It’d also help not to provoke them into a reaction in their last game as if we do win we’ll want them to lose at Elland Road.
Who said anything about a 4-0 walkover? We clearly have a better chance of winning though if we put their defence under pressure
 

Team v Tottenham

Hoping Olakigbe and Crama are playing on Friday night.
To be fair they are highly unlikely to get minutes but we need to fill 2 spots on the bench and I can't think of any non B teamers available so they can play on Friday too
 

Team v Tottenham

---------------------------Raya-----------------------------

Roerslev---Zanka---Pinnock----Mee---Henry

-----------Onyeka----Janelt-----Jensen-----------

-----------------Wissa----Mbuemo----------------
 

Team v Tottenham

Raya
Hickey Pinnock Mee Henry
Jensen Janelt Onyeka
Mbeumo Wissa Schade
That would be my team. I am not sure TF will go 433 mind you and will revert to his tried and tested formation away against one of the 'relative' top club.

I am guessing we will play more 433 next season also especially with the Toney ban so would like something different and Spurs are in no form and hope we go at them from the first minute.
 

Team v Tottenham

Nothing silly I hope..
Raya
Hickey Pinnock Mee Zanka Henry
Jensen Onyeka Janelt
Schade Mbeumo

Their defence is significantly weaker than their attack, and one to pounce on, the pace of Schade is needed.
 

Team v Tottenham

Happy to see my team selection vindicated. When we had 3 up top and Damsgaard instead of Onyeka we looked the better team
 
Back
Top Bottom