Team vs Everton

alexcavell

Active member
Joined
16 Jul 2005
Messages
3,791
Reaction score
1,892
Location
Chiswick

Team vs Everton

I'd go for a 4-4-2. It's tempting to play 4-5-1, but we might as well go for it with no points at stake.


-----------------Lee

O'Connor--Osborne--Balkestein--Woodman

Simpson--Diagouraga---Bean-----Weston

--------MacDonald--Alexander


Subs: Moore, Spillane, Legge, McCracken, Wood, Adams, Forster


IMO Bean played very well against higher opposition in the Hull game and we'll need a real ball-winner in midfield, so I think he'd be suited to this game. I think Spillane's defending might get caught out against Everton, so I'd rather have O'Connor there. I haven't been too impressed with Alexander in the last couple of games, but if he plays well (like against Hull) we've got a chance of an upset. If Simpson is injured, I'd put Adams in (with Saunders on the bench). Hamer is cup-tied, so Lee comes in.
 

Team vs Everton

Lee
Spillane
Osborne
Balkestein
Woodman
Adams
Dave
O'Connor
Weston
Simpson
Forster

This but Bean for KOC.....

Of course - we won't don't need to name any subs.....
 

Team vs Everton

Lee. Spillane. Legge. Osborne. Woodman. Adams. Kevin. Dave. Wood. Forster. Charlie.
Thats what I reckon AS will do
 

Team vs Everton

Lee
Spillane
Osborne
Pim
Woodman
Adams
Dave
Bean
Weston
Simpson (mac if Simpson is still injured)
Forster
.
Subs. KOC,,Legge,Mac,Alexande,Moore,Wood

Not sure how mant subs are allowed.and I expect Everton to put a reserve side out.
 

Team vs Everton

Not sure how some people have Bean getting his place back? Also, various posts with Spillane and Pim not included? Surely out of the horror that has been the start to this season the only positive is that we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row with a settled back 4? KOC and Legge were in the back 4 that shipped goals against Walsall and Rochdale, reinstating them against Everton would be madness.

Lee
Spillane
Pim
Karleigh
Woodman
Simpson
KOC
Dave
Weston
Charlie
Alexander

Not going to name any subs, they won't be used.
 

Team vs Everton

Everton will pass us to death, it's the only way proper footballing teams can play.
I would like to see;

lee
Spillane Osborne Balkestein Woodman

Saunders Diagouraga Bean Weston

Simpson Forster

But I know this is far too adventurous for Scott, so it will be the usual Dave / Kev - Charlie/ Alex combo
 

Team vs Everton

Lee
Spillane
KO
Pim
Woodman
Adams
KOC
Toumani
Weston
Forster
Alexander
 

Team vs Everton

Everton will pass us to death, it's the only way proper footballing teams can play.
I would like to see;



Agreed - we are not mobile/dynamic enough in midfield to deal with it!
 

Team vs Everton

Simpson told me yesterday he broke down in a fitness test and is more than likely out of the Everton game and probably Orient.
 

Team vs Everton

Lee

spilliane pim osbourne woodman

Adams dave KOC bean weston

MacDonald

simpson in for adams if he's fit
 

Team vs Everton

Lee

Spillaine Osborne Pim Woodman

Adams Bean Saunders O,Connor Weston ( or Wood)

MacDonald

This presuming Simpson is out, cant for one minute see Andy playing this however Kev and Bean to break things up and Saunders to be creative. Dont matter if we lose but it does offer Andy a chance to try something different.
 

Team vs Everton

----------------------Lee-----------------------

Spillane--------KO-----------Pim--------Woodman

----------------------KoC------------------------
-----------Toumani------------Wood--------------
Adams-------------------------------------Weston

--------------------Simpson-----------------------

If Simpson isnt fit I'd probably go with Forster, although SGA and Mac both offer something in this role.

Wood was good in preseason in midfield and surprisingly creative, his tenacity against a passing side would also be useful.
 

Team vs Everton

Same team as yesterday but Forster in for Charlie, would love to drop Alexander aswell but dont think Charlie and Forster up front would work.
 

Team vs Everton

My team would be:
Lee

Spillane Legge Osborne Woodman
Dave
Adams Wood
Simpson (If fit if not Saunders)
Forster Alexander
 

Team vs Everton

Given the news about Simpson this is really a game where we could do with Cort's know how, experience and ability to hold the ball up.

God knows if and when he will be fit but we need him now!
 

Team vs Everton

Bad news if Simpson is still a couple of weeks away. I think I would probably swap Forster for MacDonald but otherwise keep the same side. It wasn't good on Saturday but in the absence of any better midfielders at the club we are a bit stuck with the formation.

I might think about making Alexander captain too but that won't happen !
 

Team vs Everton

Given the news about Simpson this is really a game where we could do with Cort's know how, experience and ability to hold the ball up.

God knows if and when he will be fit but we need him now!

:imwith:

I really hoped he could stay fit this season as he has real class and offers so much.... Really disappointed it hasn't worked out that way so far!
 

Team vs Everton

Apart from the keeper I would expect much the same side as yesterday, maybe Bean in for KOC?
 

Team vs Everton

I would love to see Wood get more game time in the league and i see this as a great opportunity for him to get a start with Simpson probably out of the squad for Tuesday.
 

Team vs Everton

If Simpson were fit I'd put him in for Alexander. As it looks as though he won't be, I'd keep an unchanged team (despite Sat's poor game) but be ready to bring Wood or Forster on if things aren't working out
 

Team vs Everton

Lee
Spillane Osborne Pim Woodman
Adams Dave Bean Wood
Forster Alexander
 

Team vs Everton

Lee. Spillane. Legge. Osborne. Woodman. Adams. Kevin. Dave. Wood. Forster. Charlie.
Thats what I reckon AS will do

Why would he drop Pim after 4 clean sheets in a row :confused:
 

Team vs Everton

Apart from Lee, I can't see much changing from Saturday... except Weston. If he's got his football head on, then he'll give their right back something to think about for a while but if he's got his Hartlepool head on, then he's just a passenger. Wood or Bean would be a suitable replacement to tighten up in the middle.
 

Team vs Everton

Apart from Lee, I can't see much changing from Saturday... except Weston. If he's got his football head on, then he'll give their right back something to think about for a while but if he's got his Hartlepool head on, then he's just a passenger. Wood or Bean would be a suitable replacement to tighten up in the middle.

Hopefully Everton watched the Hartlepool game and thought Myles Weston looked like crap, and tomorrow Weston catches them out and plays a blinder. Otherwise I want Wood given a chance - he should have been brought on at half time last game.

Up front I would sacrifice Alexander for Cort, they are similar players but Alexander doesnt look fully fit to me, and Cort has something more to offer us. I would think about swapping Mac for Forster, although Charlie has been getting in the right positions, just not tucking them away and I expect him to put this right soon.

Adams has looked good, but if Simpson is back I would like to see him slot into the team somewhere. I would possibly drop KOC to RB for his experience, and put Bean in the middle for chasing everything down.

But what I think will happen, is nothing. AS will name (apart from Lee) an unchanged side.
 

Team vs Everton

Up front I would sacrifice Alexander for Cort, they are similar players but Alexander doesnt look fully fit to me, and Cort has something more to offer us.
I'd agree but I doubt that Alexander is unfit, he's just feeling his age. I've not heard that Cort is fit, either, so it may be they should get 45 minutes each, if he can play. Certainly Cort is the more experienced player at that level.
 

Team vs Everton

Corts injured isn't he ?
 

Team vs Everton

Corts injured isn't he ?

yep, undecided on his contract and position in the team really, no doubt he is by far and away the most talented player in our squad, but not sure how useful a 1 match per month front man can be.

Anyway

Lee
Spillane Pim Osborne Woodman
Saunders KOC Dave Weston
Alexander Forster

Give Adams and Charlie some bench time ahead of Friday's far more important game.
 

Team vs Everton

I'd go for a 4-4-2. It's tempting to play 4-5-1, but we might as well go for it with no points at stake.


-----------------Lee

O'Connor--Osborne--Balkestein--Woodman

Simpson--Diagouraga---Bean-----Weston

--------MacDonald--Alexander

Bean are you mad ?...............Kev has to play in CM.

Subs: Moore, Spillane, Legge, McCracken, Wood, Adams, Forster


IMO Bean played very well against higher opposition in the Hull game and we'll need a real ball-winner in midfield, so I think he'd be suited to this game. I think Spillane's defending might get caught out against Everton, so I'd rather have O'Connor there. I haven't been too impressed with Alexander in the last couple of games, but if he plays well (like against Hull) we've got a chance of an upset. If Simpson is injured, I'd put Adams in (with Saunders on the bench). Hamer is cup-tied, so Lee comes in.
 

Team vs Everton

GK: Lee

RB; Spillaine
CB: Pim
CB; Osborne
LB; Woodman

DMF: O' Connor
CMF: Diagouraga
RMF: Simpson
LMF: Weston

CF: MacDonald
CF: Alexander

Subs: Moore, Legge, McCracken, Adams, Wood, Bean, Forster
 

Team vs Everton

Lee

Spills
KO
Dutch Cap
Woody

Wood
Dave
KOC
Adams

Charlie

Gazza

4 4 1 1
 

Team vs Everton

TBH, After the way we played against Newcastle on Saturday, you could put the reserve team out and we still wouldnt score...
 

Team vs Everton

Maybe we should sacrifice our attacking beliefs & go out like Rangers did against Manchester United for 70 minutes or so. Just hope it's not going to be like Chelsea against Blackpool on Sunday as it could be considering the gulf in class.

Wouldn't change much personally, maybe Bean in for Alexander if we are to go out for a draw.
 

Team vs Everton

We cant score goals at the moment but we are tight at the back.
Everton cant score goals at the moment but are defensibly poor.
(Dont let 2 extra time goals against umanu cloud things).

I would go with an extra central defender, probably Legge.
Woodman for first half and twenty of second then Wood for last push.

Midfield three of OConnor, Bean and Dave hell bent on spoiling any chance Everton doing what Fulham did to us and keeping the game tight and goalless for over an hour. Absolute gameplan that must be adhered to by the players.

Up front Forster and McDonald. Hard work, guile, experience, patience.

On the bench and definately coming on for last twenty Alexander and Weston.

Extra time almost a cert but lets try an avoid penalties if we can.
 

Team vs Everton

I would go with an extra central defender, probably Legge.
Woodman for first half and twenty of second then Wood for last push.

Midfield three of OConnor, Bean and Dave hell bent on spoiling any chance Everton doing what Fulham did to us and keeping the game tight and goalless for over an hour. Absolute gameplan that must be adhered to by the players.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I dont think we are versatile to be making changes quite so drastic. What you suggest would totally stifle Everton, but leave us little pace or attacking options. If I was going with your formation I would put Weston up instead of Alexander for some pace on the breakaway chances.

However, there is no way we are going to play without wingers. If we dont, there is pretty no chance of us having any attack in the whole game, or we would have to seriously trust our full-backs getting forward.

If we are going for the defensive (I would rather we set up with a normal league game and went out in a blaze of glory) then we should put Bean in the middle to disrupt attacks and play a lone CF (Charlie has been pretty adept at this so far).

But I think that barring maybe the addition of Bean (and Simpson if fit), the team will remain largely unchanged from Saturday.
 

Team vs Everton

Hamer

Spillane
Osborne
Balkenstein
Woodman

Simpson
KOC
Dave
Weston

Macdonald
Alexander
 
Last edited:

Team vs Everton

........................Lee............................

Spillane.....Osborne.......Balkestein......Woodman

........................Hunt.......................
...........Diagouraga......O'Connor...............

..........Simpson..............Weston........
.....................Macdonald.....................
 

Team vs Everton

can anyone tell me the names of some brentford players please?

what colour uniform will the super reds be playing in?

my friend told me that no-one plays soccer in a 4-4-2 any more - is this true?

thank you for your help
 

Team vs Everton

........................Lee............................

Spillane.....Osborne.......Balkestein......Woodman

........................Hunt.......................
...........Diagouraga......O'Connor...............

..........Simpson..............Weston........
.....................Macdonald.....................

Hunts injured
 

Team vs Everton

Hamer

Spillane
Osborne
Balkenstein
Woodman

Simpson
KOC
Dave
Weston

Macdonald
Alexander

Simpson broke down in a fitness test before Saturdays game so wont be fit for tonight to start so Adams will start and this will be the team IMO and i think we could get a bit of a tonking.....sadly!:(
 

Team vs Everton

Simpson broke down in a fitness test before Saturdays game so wont be fit for tonight to start so Adams will start and this will be the team IMO and i think we could get a bit of a tonking.....sadly!:(

Hamer won't be playing.
 

Team vs Everton

Extra time almost a cert but lets try an avoid penalties if we can.


roflrofl

Hope you are right but with the team they are putting out i am more worried about being out of it after 30 mins.
 
Back
Top Bottom