Team vs Leeds

BFC1997

Very well-known member
Joined
12 Feb 2011
Messages
18,010
Reaction score
20,335
Location
Isleworth

Team vs Leeds

How would I line us up?

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Pinnock
Dalsgaard Norgaard Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

- If Pinnock is unfit I think I'd keep Racic in the team.
- I'd seriously consider Mokotjo for Norgaard if he's fit.
- I'd rather a fully fit Marcondes than risk Benrahma if he's not ready.
 

Team vs Leeds

How would I line us up?

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Pinnock
Dalsgaard Norgaard Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

- If Pinnock is unfit I think I'd keep Racic in the team.
- I'd seriously consider Mokotjo for Norgaard if he's fit.
- I'd rather a fully fit Marcondes than risk Benrahma if he's not ready.

Agree with that and your comments. I'd definitely like to see Mokotjo play if at all possible. I'd like us to go to 4-3-3 soon, but Elland Road isn't the place to start making changes like that.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Racic
Dalsgaard Da-Silva Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Benrahma, Forss, Yearwood, Mbeumo
 
Last edited:

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Racic
Dalsgaard Da-Silva Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Benrahma, Forss, Yearwood, Mbeumo

No way Mbuemo is dropped for Marcondes
 

Team vs Leeds

No way Mbuemo is dropped for Marcondes

I agree, it won't happen. Mbuemo looked very good on Saturday so he keeps his place.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Racic
Dalsgaard Da-Silva Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Benrahma, Forss, Yearwood, Mbeumo

So Norgaard doesn't even make your squad?
 

Team vs Leeds

I agree, it won't happen. Mbuemo looked very good on Saturday so he keeps his place.

I agree too, Mbeumo deserves to keep his place, he looks to have real pace and our best chance to score maybe a speedy counter attack
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Jeanvier Jansson Racic
Dalsgaard Da-Silva Jensen Henry
Canos Watkins Marcondes

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Mokotjo, Benrahma, Forss, Yearwood, Mbeumo

Why would you drop Norgaard ( not even in squad ) ?
 

Team vs Leeds

I think we'll have to adapt specifically for this test, otherwise we'll be overrun in midfield, and assuming Kamo isn't fit I think we'd have to adapt the 3-4-3 to primarily more like a 5-4-1 and counter at pace.

So maybe:
Capture.PNG

(and that's not because I don't rate Jensen - just simply because I think getting control of midfield will win us this game - and if we don't have the ball his creativity won't help)
 

Team vs Leeds

Would like us to be


Raya

Jeanvier Jansoon

Dalsgaard Henry

Norgaard Jensen

Canos Benrhama Mbuemo


Watkins


If we want to start off more cautiously, then I would put in Josh or Kamo instead of Benrhama and then have Said on the bench as an impact sub (especially if he is still getting fit).
 

Team vs Leeds

Same as against Hull unless Pinnock available. I think TF is being very conservative in how he manages introducing all the new players and is working hard to establish a solid and consistent core. It’s the only way to get them all to gel and to be working the expected system properly. He then did 3 very positive subs on Saturday (cf 3 very confident ones to blood new players at boro).

This might not on paper be the very strongest line up (eg Said for Bryan would be stronger) but we’ll see the benefits later in the season of carefully building the structure, gently getting the squad integrated and being able to make strong substitutions and tactical switches which are effective from the get go rather than a desperate hope that a fresh pair of legs does the job.
 

Team vs Leeds

Same as against Hull unless Pinnock available. I think TF is being very conservative in how he manages introducing all the new players and is working hard to establish a solid and consistent core. It’s the only way to get them all to gel and to be working the expected system properly. He then did 3 very positive subs on Saturday (cf 3 very confident ones to blood new players at boro).

This might not on paper be the very strongest line up (eg Said for Bryan would be stronger) but we’ll see the benefits later in the season of carefully building the structure, gently getting the squad integrated and being able to make strong substitutions and tactical switches which are effective from the get go rather than a desperate hope that a fresh pair of legs does the job.

I think most likely correct but i worry we will get over run in Centre midfield. Wouldn’t therefore be surprised if Da Silva plays instead of Norgaard to provide extra physicality or Marcondes plays as one of front three and will drop deeper into midfield when necessary. The latter could be accommodated if Sergi played wing back and Dalsgaard right Centre back.
 

Team vs Leeds

I think we'll have to adapt specifically for this test, otherwise we'll be overrun in midfield, and assuming Kamo isn't fit I think we'd have to adapt the 3-4-3 to primarily more like a 5-4-1 and counter at pace.

So maybe:
View attachment 20651

(and that's not because I don't rate Jensen - just simply because I think getting control of midfield will win us this game - and if we don't have the ball his creativity won't help)

Christ you'd start Yearwood against Leeds in CM? Talk about a baptism of fire... and maybe slightly pointless!

Would love to see Said start if fit enough and i'd put Mokotjo in for Dru
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Jeanvier Henry
Mokotjo Jensen
Benrahma Watkins Canos
Subs: Daniels Racic Thompson Forss Mbeomo Norgaard Da Silva
 

Team vs Leeds

Christ you'd start Yearwood against Leeds in CM? Talk about a baptism of fire... and maybe slightly pointless!

Would love to see Said start if fit enough and i'd put Mokotjo in for Dru

I'd love Kamo too but I gave the explicit caveat that if he wasn't fit :tongue:

The reason I suggested Yearwood is because I think the midfield will be a key battle against Leeds and, without Kamo, he might bring the qualities we need.
In TF's words "He is very good at getting around the pitch and does the work we want in terms of pressing and winning the ball back".
Once we earn the ball back we can let Henry/Dalsgaard/Benrahma/Mbuemo bomb forwards to support Watkins.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Jeanvier Henry
Mokotjo Jensen
Mbuemo Watkins Canos
Forss

Subs: Daniels Racic Thompson Benrahma Norgaard Da Silva, Marcondes
 

Team vs Leeds

I’m going back to the days of wingless wonders

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Jeanvier Henry
Marcondes Nørgaard Jenson Da Silva (or Mokojo)
Mbeumo (or Forssj Watkins

You can have Nørgaard and Da Silva sitting deeper to support defence with Marcondes and Jenson pushing up to support front two

Bench
Daniels. Racic. Thompson. Mokojo ( Da Silva) Canos Forss ( Mbeumo) Benrahma
 
Last edited:

Team vs Leeds

I agree, it won't happen. Mbuemo looked very good on Saturday so he keeps his place.

My side is what I expect TF to pick. I would go for 4-3-3 with Moko and Norgaard both starting. What is the thread what you want or what you expect TF to pick.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya

Dalsgaard
Pinnock
Jansson
Jeanvier
Henry

Norgaard
Jensen

Canos
Benrahma

Watkins

Subs
Mbuemo
Daniels
Racic
Mokotjo
Forss
Da Silva
Thompson

I’m not Marcondes hater, I’d just rather have the energy of Da Silva if we needed it late on

Wouldn’t be adversed to Mokotjo instead of Norgaard.
 
Last edited:

Team vs Leeds

Christ you'd start Yearwood against Leeds in CM? Talk about a baptism of fire... and maybe slightly pointless!

Would love to see Said start if fit enough and i'd put Mokotjo in for Dru

It's where Woods had his debut. Gave away a goal iirc.
 

Team vs Leeds

Why would you drop Norgaard ( not even in squad ) ?

Its not the side I would of picked, I was guessing what TF would pick. As you said last week is this thread your side or are we picking TF side. Next time I will do both.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Dalsgaard Jansson Pinnock Jeanvier Henry
Mokotjo Jensen
Benrahma Watkins Canos
Subs: Daniels Racic Thompson Forss Mbeomo Norgaard Da Silva

Don't think Said will start for a bit. Thomas more or less said that in his radio interview on Saturday. So Bryan keeps his place for me. Other than that I'm with you.
 

Team vs Leeds

Tough decision on whether to start Norgaard. He looked off the pace on Saturday and needs game time, its just in a game like this you want everyone tip-top from the get-go
 

Team vs Leeds

Tough decision on whether to start Norgaard. He looked off the pace on Saturday and needs game time, its just in a game like this you want everyone tip-top from the get-go

who else do you play though? Wouldn't really want DaSilva in that role. Personally I think it'd make sense to go with 3 in midfield and sacrifice a CB, but I doubt that'll happen..

Raya, Dalsgaard, Pontus, Jeanvier, Henry, Norgaard, Marcondes, Jensen, Canos. Watkins, Mbuemo..

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Racic, Mokotjo, Forss, DaSilva, Benrahma
 

Team vs Leeds

IMO he will start with the same eleven as vs Hull with Pinnock for Racic if fit. There's enough dislocation in the team at the mo without making further changes.
 

Team vs Leeds

I think we'll have to adapt specifically for this test, otherwise we'll be overrun in midfield, and assuming Kamo isn't fit I think we'd have to adapt the 3-4-3 to primarily more like a 5-4-1 and counter at pace.

So maybe:
View attachment 20651

(and that's not because I don't rate Jensen - just simply because I think getting control of midfield will win us this game - and if we don't have the ball his creativity won't help)

I give up, you would leave Jensen out and play Noorgard who is unfit and Yearwood, really or is this just to get a response from people?
 

Team vs Leeds

I think we'll have to adapt specifically for this test, otherwise we'll be overrun in midfield, and assuming Kamo isn't fit I think we'd have to adapt the 3-4-3 to primarily more like a 5-4-1 and counter at pace.

So maybe:
View attachment 20651

(and that's not because I don't rate Jensen - just simply because I think getting control of midfield will win us this game - and if we don't have the ball his creativity won't help)

You don’t win games without creativity.There is plenty about in defence and midfield to win the ball without dropping our most creative player.
 

Team vs Leeds

IMO he will start with the same eleven as vs Hull with Pinnock for Racic if fit. There's enough dislocation in the team at the mo without making further changes.

I think we should always be looking to improve and we certainly could improve on Saturday's first half showing.
 

Team vs Leeds

Unchanged, to start.

Bielsa usually doesn’t change winning teams, so (our favourite ) Alioski, £15m Costa, and £2m loan fee Nketiah (+£35k per wk!) likely to still be benched.
If SSLU don’t start Eddy soon, they’ll have to pay penalties to Arsenal as well, apparently.
 

Team vs Leeds

Good to see the GPG "experts" ready to lambast anything other than their own narrow-minded opinion as always.
I think you should spare your efforts and lambast TF directly for playing the "unfit" Norgaard last match and lambast him again on Saturday if he plays him again :rolleyes:
 

Team vs Leeds

My side is what I expect TF to pick. I would go for 4-3-3 with Moko and Norgaard both starting. What is the thread what you want or what you expect TF to pick.

Maybe just say in your post what you would do and what you expect TF to do, simple for everyone.
 

Team vs Leeds

Good to see the GPG "experts" ready to lambast anything other than their own narrow-minded opinion as always.
I think you should spare your efforts and lambast TF directly for playing the "unfit" Norgaard last match and lambast him again on Saturday if he plays him again :rolleyes:

You're not being lambasted, people are disagreeing with you. Stand by your opinions if you want but stop moaning when an awful lot of people don't agree with them. I'm suspicious that you are playing a game here and as you're quick to pull out the CoC, I'd ask you to review item 16.
 

Team vs Leeds

Good to see the GPG "experts" ready to lambast anything other than their own narrow-minded opinion as always.
I think you should spare your efforts and lambast TF directly for playing the "unfit" Norgaard last match and lambast him again on Saturday if he plays him again :rolleyes:
Careful now
 

Team vs Leeds

You're not being lambasted, people are disagreeing with you. Stand by your opinions if you want but stop moaning when an awful lot of people don't agree with them. I'm suspicious that you are playing a game here and as you're quick to pull out the CoC, I'd ask you to review item 16.

I'm perfectly happy to explain my opinions. In fact I already did and they're well reasoned. A few people isn't an "awful lot" and perhaps you might suggest they give a reasoned argument back rather than silly things like "beyond belief" and "verbose nonsense".
It's simply the case that your CoC is a joke and even moderators post clearly insulting or trolling posts, delete any reply to them, and regularly recommend other insulting posts.
 

Team vs Leeds

Raya
Dalsgaard, Jansson,Jenvier,Henry
Norsgaard
Jenson,Yearwood
Mbeumo,Watkins,Canos
 

Team vs Leeds

I'm perfectly happy to explain my opinions. In fact I already did and they're well reasoned. A few people isn't an "awful lot" and perhaps you might suggest they give a reasoned argument back rather than silly things like "beyond belief" and "verbose nonsense".
It's simply the case that your CoC is a joke and even moderators post clearly insulting or trolling posts, delete any reply to them, and regularly recommend other insulting posts.

Have kept out of this so far. However as a mere gpg member, I feel you are now sailing close to the wind.
 

Team vs Leeds

I'd revert to 4-3-3 to get an extra body in midfield

Raya
Henry
Jansson
Jeanvier
Dalsgaard
Norgaard
Jenson
Mokotjo
Canos
Mbuemo
Watkins

I suspect we will be under pressure especially early on so I would like to see 2 holding midfielders starting and then see how it pans out from there
 

Team vs Leeds

It's simply the case that your CoC is a joke and even moderators post clearly insulting or trolling posts, delete any reply to them, and regularly recommend other insulting posts.

:imwith:
 

Team vs Leeds

Have kept out of this so far. However as a mere gpg member, I feel you are now sailing close to the wind.

Are the bigger boys going to come and steal his lunch money?
 

Team vs Leeds

This is the team selection thread. Can we please dispense with the whining, crying and general flouncing and keep on topic. Thanks.
 

Team vs Leeds

I'd revert to 4-3-3 to get an extra body in midfield

Raya
Henry
Jansson
Jeanvier
Dalsgaard
Norgaard
Jenson
Mokotjo
Canos
Mbuemo
Watkins

I suspect we will be under pressure especially early on so I would like to see 2 holding midfielders starting and then see how it pans out from there

Thomas said we'll need at least 7 top performances, think this team is well capable.

Bench : Daniels-Thompson-Benrahma-DaSilva-Yearwood-Kamo-Pinnock.
 
Last edited:

Team vs Leeds

Given TF has said that Benrahma and Mokotjo are not ready to start a game yet i'm fairly sure we'll see an indentical lineup to the Hull game, with perhaps Pinnock in for Racic if fit.

Nørgaard looked fairly sharp pre-season so hopefully he's back to that level after his niggly injury. If so, the Nørgaard/Jensen combo could be exactly what we need against Leeds.
 
Back
Top Bottom