Team vs Luton (H)

finsbury_bee

Active member
Joined
12 Aug 2006
Messages
2,823
Reaction score
2,152
Location
Henley

Team vs Luton (H)

Looking forward to this one more than I was the Arsenal game. After two backs-to-the-wall performances the onus is on us to attack and win the game. I've not seen too much of Luton but I imagine they'll be tough to break down and look to hit us on the counter, with our old boy Ogbene having pace to burn. With no full backs available (unless Roeslev is fit), will be interesting to see how we line up. I'm going for:

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee Janelt
Yarmolyuk Norgaard Jensen
Boomo Neal Wissa

Depending on the scoreline, I'd like to see Olakigbe get some more minutes, but I suspect KLP now moves ahead of him.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

My team for Luton.

Flekken
Ajer Mee Pinnock Ghoddos
Norgaard Jensen Janelt
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken
Roerslev Ayer Pinnock Mee
Jensen Norgaard Janelt
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa

Subs
Strakosha
Goode
Zanka
Ghoddos
Baptise
Yarmolyuk
DaSilva/Damsgaard
Lewis Potter
Olakigbe

Depending on if Jensen and Roerslev are fit.

If Jensen not then Yarmolyuk starts
If Roerslev isn't then Ayer to RB and Zanka in at CB.

Hope to see JDS or Damsgaard back for this one.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken
Roerslev Ayer Pinnock Mee
Jensen Norgaard Janelt
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa

Subs
Strakosha
Goode
Zanka
Ghoddos
Baptise
Yarmolyuk
DaSilva/Damsgaard
Lewis Potter
Olakigbe

Depending on if Jensen and Roerslev are fit.

If Jensen not then Yarmolyuk starts
If Roerslev isn't then Ayer to RB and Zanka in at CB.

Hope to see JDS or Damsgaard back for this one.
Mee left back ?
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Seeing their weakness at right back against palace, we need to go attacking 433 and Mbeumo be on top form. Also would like yarmo to have another 60 min ftom start and drive through them.
Flekken
Ajer mee pinnock janelt
Yarmo Norgaard Jensen
Mbeumo maupay KLP


(keep Wissa as sub against tiring legs)
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Luton have a good keeper in Kaminski and some very decent defenders, Lockyer, Menghi, Osho, Burke. Doughty an excellent left back. Bit uncertain on the right back. Then in midfield Ross Barkley, Andros Townsend, Marvellous Nakamba, Tahith Chong. Bit short up front though but has other teams have found, very hard to break down
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Luton have a good keeper in Kaminski and some very decent defenders, Lockyer, Menghi, Osho, Burke. Doughty an excellent left back. Bit uncertain on the right back. Then in midfield Ross Barkley, Andros Townsend, Marvellous Nakamba, Tahith Chong. Bit short up front though but has other teams have found, very hard to break down
There’s a Twitter user with the same username as you who is a Luton Town fan.

You registered 15 minutes ago and post a list of Luton’s players.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

There’s a Twitter user with the same username as you who is a Luton Town fan.

You registered 15 minutes ago and post a list of Luton’s players.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.
Well Sherlock, if you click on his gpg profile it says team supported Luton.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

There’s a Twitter user with the same username as you who is a Luton Town fan.

You registered 15 minutes ago and post a list of Luton’s players.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.
Good detective work, I left out Ogbene, plays all over the place.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

We never doubted his ability but he wasn’t ready for the championship at the time and he had Watkins and Benrahma ahead of him so it was the right decision to let him leave.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Absolute testament to Yarmolyuk that he's in most people's starting 11 next to Jensen, superb.

Gotta be this for me:

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee Janelt
Yarmolyuk Norgaard Jensen
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa

Harsh on Ghoddos as he was very good v Arsenal, but Ajer offers more and Janelt does just about well enough at LB.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Good detective work, I left out Ogbene, plays all over the place.
If a patched up Bees team could keep Saka and Martinelli quiet I think we can cope with Ogbene, particularly if he is overambitious in trying to prove a point against his former club.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Absolute testament to Yarmolyuk that he's in most people's starting 11 next to Jensen, superb.

Gotta be this for me:

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee Janelt
Yarmolyuk Norgaard Jensen
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa

Harsh on Ghoddos as he was very good v Arsenal, but Ajer offers more and Janelt does just about well enough at LB.
Agree with you . We need to be on the front foot over the next 3 games
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken

Ajer Pinnock Mee

Jensen Norgaard Janelt Onyeka Yarmolyuk

Mbeumo Wissa


Im looking to win/control the midfield ,and have supporting runners making forward runs to join in the attacks
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken

Ajer Pinnock Mee

Jensen Norgaard Janelt Onyeka Yarmolyuk

Mbeumo Wissa


Im looking to win/control the midfield ,and have supporting runners making forward runs to join in the attacks
Understand your logic but it's the Burnley game against tougher opposition. They couldn't cope with Wissa, Mbeumo playing around Maupay as the central point. We're at home and whilst not understimating Luton we need to be confident & assertive it's a 4-3-3 game for me.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Understand your logic but it's the Burnley game against tougher opposition. They couldn't cope with Wissa, Mbeumo playing around Maupay as the central point. We're at home and whilst not understimating Luton we need to be confident & assertive it's a 4-3-3 game for me.
We certainly need to take the game to them and play our 4-3-3, it suits us with our lack of full backs – no point in odd experimental formations either. Press them high and they’ll make mistakes. Wissa - Maupay - Mbeumo will suit perfectly up front and we just need to ensure we’ve got a bit of speed as they seem to like breaking out quickly, getting the ball wide and crossing it into the box.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee Klp
Yarmolyuk Norgaard Jensen
Mbeumo Maupay Wissa
 

Team vs Luton (H)

There’s a Twitter user with the same username as you who is a Luton Town fan.

You registered 15 minutes ago and post a list of Luton’s players.

Just a coincidence I’m sure.
Untouchable, you have a knack of solving complex puzzles…do you by any chance work for the Met? Mind you…on reflection…probably not…
 

Team vs Luton (H)

I'd like to see Yarmoliuk start again as it's hard to judge him against a team as difficult to create chances against as Arsenal. I've got a sneaking feeling though that TF may go with Baptiste alongside Norgaard and Jensen (or Onyeka, if Jensen is still injured).
 

Team vs Luton (H)

5 at the back as they are quite strong on crosses and launching it basically .
 

Team vs Luton (H)

No Matti Jensen for Luton

Damsgaard getting close

Roerslev is back.

From TFs Luton presser
 

Team vs Luton (H)

5 at the back as they are quite strong on crosses and launching it basically .
Not sure if they're a team that fundamentally launch the ball forward btw.

From what I've seen they have the ability to play football through the thirds and I think a few will be surprised by their approach tomorrow.

They play the long diagonals to their runners in Kabore and Ogbene to provide counter-attacking width on the break.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Norgaard, Vitaly and YY in midfield? Not the game for Frank I don’t think. Roerslev at left back maybe.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Not sure if they're a team that fundamentally launch the ball forward btw.

From what I've seen they have the ability to play football through the thirds and I think a few will be surprised by their approach tomorrow.

They play the long diagonals to their runners in Kabore and Ogbene to provide counter-attacking width on the break.
I’ve not really seen them play but they have delivered by quite a distance the most crosses in the league this season with 294 compared to ourselves in 11th with 211
 

Team vs Luton (H)

I don't think they are a long ball team that many might think but balls into the box from the wing should be meat and drink for our big fellas.
Jensen out is a big blow as his passes would unlock Luton.
We should win but don't think it will be pretty.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

Flekken
Ajer Pinnock Mee Ghoddos
Norgaard YY Janelt
Mbuemo Maupay Wissa

Subs Strakosha Roeslev Onyeka Baptiste Goode KLP Zanka Olakigbe Damsgaard/Brierley
 

Team vs Luton (H)

The last time we played a direct team that put in lots of crosses (Everton) it really unsettled us. Don't think this will be easy at all.
 

Team vs Luton (H)

We usually have a big win when I can,t go, but I have a nasty feeling about this one, I think we could slip up.
 
Back
Top Bottom