Team vs Notts County

Team vs Notts County

If the suggestion Bean was injured came from what Mark and I said after the game on Saturday I should probably clarify............

He moved very slowly off the pitch at the end of the game on Saturday and looked to be limping a bit.

After we went off air I went down to the pitch and it became obvious he was moving slowly because he was walking on a rock hard ice rink.
He warmed down fine, I would suggest he isn't injured to any real degree.

Good news ! :sorted:
 

Team vs Notts County

-------------Hamer-------------

Newton--Bennett--Phillips--Dickson

------KoC----Bean----Hunt/Poole

----Bowditch--------Mac--------

--------------Elder--------------

I ve suggested it before and still think it would work. Only issue for me would be no place in the side for an in form Wood.


We are 8 games-ish unbeaten in the league, why change the formation ?
 

Team vs Notts County

I don't think we should, I was just responding to the question as to whether they could all be accomodated.:wave:

Fair Enough, but I see you stealth-ily dropped Osborne (no U) and Wood (:eek:)

Are you Alistair Darling, darling ?
 

Team vs Notts County

No honey!

Personally I would revert to the 442 and team that had a such a good December, probably go with Bowditch (if he is here) on the right and Elder up front. Undecided about Newton or KO, but would probably have a fully fit Newton ahead of Osbouuuurne!;)
 

Team vs Notts County

No honey!

Personally I would revert to the 442 and team that had a such a good December, probably go with Bowditch (if he is here) on the right and Elder up front. Undecided about Newton or KO, but would probably have a fully fit Newton ahead of Osbouuuurne!;)

lunatic

:wave:
 

Team vs Notts County

--------------------Hamer-------------------
--Halls-------Bennett----Phillips-----Dickson--
-Bowditch---------Bean--Kev---------Wood--
------------Elder----MacDonald--------------

SUBS: Brown, Johnson, Newton, Poole, Williams

Everyone who is saying Halls is rubbish and he should leave are talking utter crap, and you obviously cannt see a good player if he hit you in the face. How many games has Halls played in his CORRECT postion (RB): 3 games. and in thoses 3 games he looked a very good player. OK... he dident look so good, at CB or CM, but if you any rightback to play there they would look as good as they really are. Halls is a quality player when playing on hsi prefered side. I always seem to be right, as i remeber everyone was saying the same about Bean and i disagredd. now look how his doing.

Halls IS our BEST rightback.
 

Team vs Notts County

--------------------Hamer-------------------
--Halls-------Bennett----Phillips-----Dickson--
-Bowditch---------Bean--Kev---------Wood--
------------Elder----MacDonald--------------

SUBS: Brown, Johnson, Newton, Poole, Williams

Everyone who is saying Halls is rubbish and he should leave are talking utter crap, and you obviously cannt see a good player if he hit you in the face. How many games has Halls played in his CORRECT postion (RB): 3 games. and in thoses 3 games he looked a very good player. OK... he dident look so good, at CB or CM, but if you any rightback to play there they would look as good as they really are. Halls is a quality player when playing on hsi prefered side. I always seem to be right, as i remeber everyone was saying the same about Bean and i disagredd. now look how his doing.

Halls IS our BEST rightback.

Not everyone slagged Bean, i have been singing his praises since day 1
 

Team vs Notts County

Hamer

Halls Bennett Phillips Wood

Newton Bean KOC Poole

Bowditch Macdonald

Subs Osborne Brown Elder Hunt Williams
 

Team vs Notts County

Halls IS our BEST rightback.

:rolleyes: you obviously know what you are talking about.

To be fair, Halls should be our best Right Back, but he hasnt turned it on consistently yet...

He looked very shakey at Lincoln, in defence and I wouldnt want him at CB again...

I think Osborne is the better bet for Saturday.
He has competition from Halls and Newton, if he slips up.
At the moment, nothing is getting by Karleigh...he doesnt offer anything going forward, except when he is in the opposing penalty box of course !

I would say Newton and Halls are more faillable (sp ? / bothered ?) defensively and Osborne gets my shout (surprise :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:)
 

Team vs Notts County

It's an indication of the strength of the current squad that there are discussions about who will make the bench!
 

Team vs Notts County

--------------------Hamer-------------------
--Halls-------Bennett----Phillips-----Dickson--
-Bowditch---------Bean--Kev---------Wood--
------------Elder----MacDonald--------------

SUBS: Brown, Johnson, Newton, Poole, Williams

Everyone who is saying Halls is rubbish and he should leave are talking utter crap, and you obviously cannt see a good player if he hit you in the face. How many games has Halls played in his CORRECT postion (RB): 3 games. and in thoses 3 games he looked a very good player. OK... he dident look so good, at CB or CM, but if you any rightback to play there they would look as good as they really are. Halls is a quality player when playing on hsi prefered side. I always seem to be right, as i remeber everyone was saying the same about Bean and i disagredd. now look how his doing.

Halls IS our BEST rightback.

You are always right, except for your spelling!
 

Team vs Notts County

Halls IS our BEST rightback.

I see what you are doing here, you want him to join Pead in the team of the season :rolleyes:

BTW say this quietly but he is third best right back at the club based on performances :sorted:
 

Team vs Notts County

-------------Hamer-------------

Newton--Bennett--Phillips--Dickson

------KoC----Bean----Hunt/Poole

----Bowditch--------Mac--------

--------------Elder--------------

I ve suggested it before and still think it would work. Only issue for me would be no place in the side for an in form Wood.


Yes that makes perfect sense, leave out an in form player, are you Butcher in disguise ?lol
 

Team vs Notts County

Yes that makes perfect sense, leave out an in form player, are you Butcher in disguise ?lol

If you read the thread you would see this was an answer to a question posted as to how Mac, Bowditch and Elder could be accommodated in the same side, not the team that I would go for..... which incidentally was posted earlier in the thread!!

Are you moron in disguise? No sorry, you’re missing the disguise!
 

Team vs Notts County

A few here have suggested dropping Osborne for Newton. Given that Karleigh was selected ahead of Newton at Port Vale and we have been unbeaten in the league since I think that's pretty unlikely :shrug:

Wasn't that because Newton was still recovering from the injury that had kept him out of the Havant and Waterlooville game the week before?

The argument about who is our best right back is difficult because neither Newton, Halls or Osborne have managed to go through a long period in the side without suffering injury or suspension.

Personally I think the right side has looked the strongest when we played Newton and Williams there at the start of the season. It's been difficult to judge Halls because he's only played a few games at right back and has had to cover at centre mid, right mid and Centre back.

I reckon once Newton is fully fit again he'll be first choice right back.
 

Team vs Notts County

Wasn't that because Newton was still recovering from the injury that had kept him out of the Havant and Waterlooville game the week before?

Newton was on the bench that day, came on after an hour or so and Scott said afterwards he was fit :shrug:
 

Team vs Notts County

BBC are reporting that Williams is definitely out and Bowditch has missed the deadline, so I would go for:

--------------Hamer

Halls-----Phillips---Bennett---Dickson

Poole---O'Connor---Bean-----Wood

-------MacDonald--Elder


Subs: Simon Brown, Johnson, Newton, Hunt, Ademola
 

Team vs Notts County

BBC are reporting that Williams is definitely out and Bowditch has missed the deadline, so I would go for:

--------------Hamer

Halls-----Phillips---Bennett---Dickson

Poole---O'Connor---Bean-----Wood

-------MacDonald--Elder


Subs: Simon Brown, Johnson, Newton, Hunt, Ademola

Agreed but Osborne for Halls with Newton dropping out!
 

Team vs Notts County

I didn't go to Lincoln but from all reports Poole didn't suit the right wing. I think one of Newton or Halls will start on the right wing on saturday. Andy Scott's comments sounded as if he was impressed with Halls' performance, which others weren't. I get the feeling the side may be:

Hamer

Halls Bennett Phillips Dickson

Newton Bean O'Connor Wood

Elder MacDonald
 

Team vs Notts County

If you had gone to lincoln you wouldnt put halls in defence
 

Team vs Notts County

If you had gone to lincoln you wouldnt put halls in defence

Right back is a vastly different position and I think Halls would do a decent job there, particularly as an additional attacker when needed.

However I can't get away from the fact that since Osborne came into the team at Port Vale we haven't lost in the league and haven't conceded many goals.

I would have though the back four/five is the one area not up for debate.
 

Team vs Notts County

Newton is a far better footballer and right-back than Osborne, so i would have Newton back in the side as soon as he is fit again
 

Team vs Notts County

Newton is a far better footballer and right-back than Osborne, so i would have Newton back in the side as soon as he is fit again

Footballer? Possibly. Right back? No. It ain't broke - don't fix it.
 

Team vs Notts County

yes footballer and right-back, Newton looked good at the start of the season and deserves another run in the side at right-back
 

Team vs Notts County

No reason to change the preferred defense though. Obviously Bennet comes back for Halls, but we've been better defensively with Karleigh there at RB. I have nothing much against Newton, but he had a couple of mares at RB before he got injured. He could slot in at right mid if Williams is still injured and Bowditch has gone back (has he?).
 

Team vs Notts County

Right back is a vastly different position and I think Halls would do a decent job there, particularly as an additional attacker when needed.

However I can't get away from the fact that since Osborne came into the team at Port Vale we haven't lost in the league and haven't conceded many goals.

I would have though the back four/five is the one area not up for debate.

That's right.
 

Team vs Notts County

Or Poole on the right wing

Judging by all reports & the comments of AS on the pitch & home team tactics, I wouldn't think Lincoln away was a game to judge anyone's general performance, especially our "flair" players.

Time & opportunity (shop window?) to get GP back in the team on the green,green grass of home....
 

Team vs Notts County

Hamer

Osbourne
Phillips
Bennett
Dickson

Newton
O,connor
Bean
Wood

Elder
Macdonald

subs..... Simon brown,Poole,Johnson,Hunt,Halls
 

Team vs Notts County

No reason to change the preferred defense though. Obviously Bennet comes back for Halls, but we've been better defensively with Karleigh there at RB. I have nothing much against Newton, but he had a couple of mares at RB before he got injured. He could slot in at right mid if Williams is still injured and Bowditch has gone back (has he?).
I would think that the decision depends a bit on Notts Co - if they have a speedy left winger, then Osborne may be preferred; if they have a bit of craft there, then Newton may cope better. Anyway, Osborne with Newton in front of him will make it solid on our right. The combination of Osborne, Halls and Newton gives us something like Dickson, Wood and Poole on the left.

It's defence too, by the way... [© the spelling police]
 

Team vs Notts County


It's defence too, by the way... [© the spelling police]

That's right. But this software seems to prefer US spellings, so I thought I'd concur. No excuse for 'Bennet' though.
 

Team vs Notts County

I would think that the decision depends a bit on Notts Co - if they have a speedy left winger, then Osborne may be preferred; if they have a bit of craft there, then Newton may cope better. Anyway, Osborne with Newton in front of him will make it solid on our right. The combination of Osborne, Halls and Newton gives us something like Dickson, Wood and Poole on the left.

It's defence too, by the way... [© the spelling police]

From the televised game I seem to remember they did have a speedy left winger. They kept knocking long balls to him in acres of space and Halls found him difficult to cope with. All things being equal, I would prefer Karleigh today
 
Back
Top Bottom